Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
KevinW

Fossils cruises of 2012, Freehold, not Hamilton-Last Friday of the month April to Sep

Weather looks decent, but not too warm. I am planning to go and will see if any of my peeps are free

http://www.fossilscarclub.com/cruisenight.html

Quote:
The Fossils Cruise Night takes place the last friday of each month, starting in April and continuing through September. Get there early because the parking lot will fill fast and a parking spot is not guaranteed. The Fossils Cruise Night is said to be the biggest cruise nights in the United States. You never know who just might show up at one of the Fossils Cruise Nights. In the past, we've been graced with the presence of Cindy Williams & Paul Lamatt (John Milner) from American Grafitti, Harrison Ford and Lou Ferrigno. We've also had some old time drag race celebrities and their cars as guests at our cruise, as well as Car Craft Magazine. Our cruise is a family oriented event. The Fossils Cruise is also DJ'd by the one and only Wolfman Jerry. We welcome all American made cars pre 1975. Cruise Night dates for 2012 are as follows: 4/27; 5/25; 6/29; 7/27; 8/31 & 9/28. Direction below. We would like to take this moment to thank everyone who has attended our past cruises, whether you've attended one, most or all cruises. It wouldn't be the cruise night it is without the support of everyone who attends and the support of the members. We thank you for making the Fossils Cruise one of the biggest in the U.S.!
Quote:
DIRECTIONS & MAP
Directions to iPlay America's Indoor Amusement Park
110 Schanck Road
Freehold, NJ 07728-2938
732-577-8200
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
shadowfire

is this for classic cars only??
Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
We welcome all American made cars pre 1975.
I'd say so.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
KevinW

In the past Fossils roped off a section for the pre 75 cars, but since it was a public parking lot, a lot of newer cars parked nearby. since the I-play site is new, I do not know if they have the entrances covered. But since I-play should be open friday nights there has to be a way for "regular" customers to go in a park
Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
shadowfire

its a shame i live real close..... oh well
Old 04-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I might hit it once this year. That is a hike to try to get to in time. It lost its "biggest cruise" claim last year after the jackson mess. Some of those old coots have sizable attitudes and then have the balls to whine about how the younger guys aren't interested on hot rods. Of course not, you snap at them. they also don't like it when you ask why a 32 ford with no parts made before 2005 is eligible lol.

hey, did they uptick their year cutoff?

I think walk stadium is doing their cruise night the same nights.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
shadowfire

i wish they had 4 gen only cruises
Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
I might hit it once this year. That is a hike to try to get to in time. It lost its "biggest cruise" claim last year after the jackson mess. Some of those old coots have sizable attitudes and then have the balls to whine about how the younger guys aren't interested on hot rods. Of course not, you snap at them. they also don't like it when you ask why a 32 ford with no parts made before 2005 is eligible lol.

hey, did they uptick their year cutoff?

I think walk stadium is doing their cruise night the same nights.
  • Yup, the Jackson mess killed it.
  • Attitudes are unreal
  • Yes, they raised it. It was '74. I am guessing that turnout will suck and they will jump to '81.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
KevinW

Just an update, we were there last month (but left early due to rain ) and we saw plenty of newer cars being let in (a couple 3rd gens came in and parked, I do not remember any 4th gens though). I guess they are not that strict anymore

They put sawhorse type barriers down the middle of the last row, I saw plenty of newer (and some old ones) parking on the other side of the barrier row

But the food changed, the 1st cruise Iplay had an outdoor grill area, with good looking food. Now they hand out wristbands to go inside to their food court, but I did not go in this time. Walked to burger king instead

Last edited by KevinW; 06-04-2012 at 09:28 AM.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events