Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
97slpss

s2000 push button start

Hey has anyone done this to their car? I'm trying to figure out by the diagram if the car needs to have the key turned to the on position for the button to function or the car just has to be only unlocked...not sure maybe someone knows better

Here is the diagram ..i'm trying to get this done this week while i'm on spring break

Thanks for the help!

http://www.pitreweb.com/s2000sw.htm
Old 03-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

IMO It's a bling thing, but I've seen it done.

http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13944
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98405

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
97slpss

well by reading those two links you provided...I think the key doesnt need to be in the ignition to use the start, so them i'm not doing it. I'd like the key to still have to be in the ignition..thanks for the links
Old 03-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

key needs to be in the "on" position. push button starter only sends power to the starter, not the entire car. a newer car like a caddy or nissan, they have the whole push the button to turn the car on/start/acc/off. that would be one hell of a project!

i was going to put one in my truck. the company was ignited that made the switch. i mounted it first to see how i would run the wires and what not but every time a friend got in the truck, running or not, they would push the button and be like does this seriously work?!? i would have no teeth on the starter and/or flywheel by now!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #5
Knipps

there's a thread on this somewhere on here, i was interested in it and am still debating it
the resistor in the key (so it has to be in the ignition) is what's holding me back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
97slpss

I actually had the resistor in the key bypassed..I was going to need to replace the ignition column because the contacts where worn out and the car wouldnt start..so my mechanic (i forgot the exact process) tested the resistence on a wire,, and just sodered a resistor in.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
69BirdX
12 Second Club

just bought a 98 that has it done
________
Hawaii medical marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by 69BirdX; 04-02-2011 at 11:46 PM.
69BirdX is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring