Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 09-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

Car's not horn-e

So I think I might have found the answer to my dead battery issue. When I first got the car in FL...I had a MINOR fire...caused by the horn which melted my parking light....I changed the p-light...dont think i ever changed the horn...the fuse was blown so i replaced that. it was a weird semario. a while back the fuse blew again and I changed it....it's been working for awhile and when I was at school yesterday I went to lock the car (and i always hit the button until it beeps)....there was no beep. Horn's out AGAIN! It all came together last night- i never stopped to think about the previous 2 issues with the horn...i actually forgot about them.
I've got a new battery...haven't put it in yet...but I am anyway bc the other one has been charged back to life so much that I dont want to be bothered with it. I'll have to investigate my Horn-less car on my next day off....I am keeping my fingers crossed that something in the horn is killing the battery......Anyone ever here of something weird like that?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Not too many things in the circuit. Horns, horn relay, horn switch in column.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
BonzoHansen
Admin.

For a 99, but I can't imagine it is any different. Horns go bad. See if you can borrow one from someone.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop

Last edited by BonzoHansen; 09-20-2007 at 12:53 PM.
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

Thanks for the diagram I have it down to a few possible things that it MIGHT be. I went to lock my doors tonight and the horn beeped!! I know it wasnt working Wed night. Can't wait to get this issue resolved!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring