Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation

Notices

Old 06-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Driving Force 5/18/16

Tell Congress to save racing from government threat — it only takes a minute:

SIGN THE LETTER Beyond additional signatures, the SEMA Action Network (SAN) is also looking for additional members of Congress to cosponsor the RPM Act. To date, the House legislation has 83 sponsors, while the Senate bill has 12. Are your elected officials among them? Visit the following link to find out, which includes a tool to locate your lawmakers: go to semaSAN.com Given the potential impact of this rulemaking on car clubs and automotive organizations nationwide, group leaders are needed to work with Congress in passing the bill.
Watch SPEED SPORT's Ralph Sheheen discuss the topic with North Carolina Congressman and RPM Act sponsor, Patrick McHenry:

2016 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour

Seven Cities, Seven Days, Thousands of Unique Rides

The Hot Rod Power Tour is a spectacle unlike any other for fans of vehicular variety. In terms of sheer size and distance covered, “the world's largest road trip” lives up to its billing. Come along with the SEMA Action Network (SAN) on the event’s 22nd annual excursion. Grab a friend and stop by our prominent display at the flamed Hot Rod bus to fight for the future of auto racing. The SAN will be enlisting support for the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act from attendees.
The Power Tour draws motor vehicle enthusiasts from across the country. Covering more than 1,500 total miles, this seven-day, seven-city tour begins near Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and will make its way to Kansas City, Kansas, through both highways and winding back roads. The event will attract more than 4,500 collector cars and grab the attention of more than 75,000 spectators. All kinds of hot rods, classics, custom trucks and street machines will be along for the ride. Any vehicle year, make or model is accepted.
The dates and stops are as follows:
June 11 – Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, Louisiana
June 12 – Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, Texas
June 13 – Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas
June 14 – Traders Village in Grand Prairie, Texas
June 15 – Remington Park in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
June 16 – Kansas Pavilion in Wichita, Kansas
June 17 – Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas

The following link contains information on tour stops and other details: http://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/ We hope to see you on the road!

Legislative Front Lines

Click here for the complete list of Legislative Action Alerts.

SPREAD THE WORD! Please credit the SEMA Action Network (SAN) when reprinting any content contained in this email. SEMA SAN Strike Force

Allen Harris is shown here with two of his favorite cars: Genesis 2.0 R-Spec (right) and Porsche 944 Turbo. He plans to add an ‘01 Mercedes S600 soon. He has dedicated the Porsche project in honor of his grandparents.

Like many gearheads, one might say that Allen Harris has octane running through his veins, having grown up next to the Speedway in Martinsville, Virginia. His grandfather owned a Ford Model A roadster among many others and his uncle owned a car dealership. Allen fell in love with the Lamborghini Countach after moving to Massachusetts in 1987. He owned a Pontiac Trans Am at the time and had a ’76 Buick Gran Sport by 1991. In 2000, he picked up a 1986 Porsche 944 and followed it with a 1995 Eclipse GSX. A cosmetically modified 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S caused Harris to be frequently pulled over by law enforcement. Eventually, he became more active in the community by hosting auto meets and cruises.
Allen finished school as a repair and auto body technician in 2004 and his online presence, AggressiveDesign.net, was born. “Having already joined car sales, HINCity requested I become a contributing writer in 2008,” said Harris. “Then, I started helping a friend with his exotic car sales website. I was a liaison for Super Car Road Trips as exotic car drives began hitting New England.” Never losing his passion for the Lamborghini marque, he joined the Herb Chambers team when they added a Lamborghini dealership in 2009. During that time he promoted their Cars and Coffee events and was a contributing writer for the Under the Hood newsletter. While Harris worked with premium brands, it was the people he fell in love with.
Nowadays, Allen hints that it’s just the beginning of his automotive-related exploits. He left the car dealer business to focus on AggressiveDesign.net and make a difference in his community with the “Leave your Mark” campaign. “For me, involvement in the SEMA Action Network (SAN) is all about being heard. It’s about empowering our voices in legislatures nationwide.” He feels like the momentum by car enthusiasts is building on many fronts. “Back in 2009, nobody in the state drove their exotics—today #theCrew has multiple twin-turbo charged Lamborghinis which are also helping kids with cancer. I couldn't be happier.”

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation