Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
ta350

#@!$# the economy!

Im here sitting at work at a normally busy bodyshop up till this week. We have 1 car scheduled for next week. We have never been so slow ever. I feel horrible but I had to lay off two great workers this week, but are essentially not needed in a business perspective. I will take them back the day I get busy again but this economy is to blame. On my 3 mile drive to work I counted cars that had damage to them. In 3 miles a matter of a 7 min drive with sitting at traffic lights I counted 13 damaged newer vehicles! I can't believe that all this econmy is sooooo bad that a 2006 acuara TL Type S cant be fixed cause Im sure they need to put the money else where say the mortgage and taxes..... I just needed to vent. sorry guys.

Current Vehicle
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500
2005 GSXR 750 Street Fighter Flat Black Red Rims
ta350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
maroman88
12 Second Club

could be that, but alota people around here just dont give a **** about a dent, my girls mom has been driving around for atleast 6 months with a mangled back bumper and cracked up taillight on her acura TL, i even offered to get them an ebay taillight!

laying off ur guys does suck tho...
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
FBODS4EVER

its the economy in my book. my car needs paint. i give a ****. but money is tight. i go back to work from disability mon. so money will roll in. plus i get a 9.00 increase in pay. next week (union. thank god) but while we are on the subject. how much to prep a 95 bird. no bodywork needed? sand and primer. pm me a quote. ty
1995 PONTIAC FIREBIRD M5 V6 ( sold )
1989 Trans Am GTA 5.7L 67000mi current
FBODS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

But it doesn't make sense when insurance is paying for most of the repair work. So people get in a fender bender, file a claim, get the money to fix it and decide to keep the money instead. Then the area that was not repaired starts to deteriorate even faster and the value lost on the car exceeds the cost to initially repair it. That's stupid. And the insurance companies are paying out for work that isn't being done so that doesn't help anybody either.

-
Old 02-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

They don't have the deductible $$

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
B And the insurance companies are paying out for work that isn't being done so that doesn't help anybody either.

-
It's not their job to fix the vehicle, it's their job to make their insured or the claimant whole from a financial standpoint. If the owner decides not to fix their vehicle that's on them, they've still be made whole by the insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
They don't have the deductible $$
Yup, no doubt.

Suck you had to let two guys go man I would never want to be in that position. Luckily Maaco is hiring, the regional manager called me today, hopefully I'll have an interview next week. Certainly not my first choice of places...actually it's not my 2nd, 3rd or 4th either. Beggars can't be choosers in times like this so if they want to pay me good money to help turn out crap cars I'll take it. I was thinking about just sitting around for a few years though...maybe the government's "hope and change" will pay my bills for doing nothing.(sarcasm)
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 02-27-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge