Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #51
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPI Monte SS View Post
LOL. I think it's insane how different brands can vary wildly on prices. The Exxon in my town is 4.30 for super, while the Getty station one block away is $4.10 for super. Absolutely crazy IMO. I remember when I got my license 20 years ago that gas was only a bit over $1 a gallon for super.
That is nuts, but it likely has to do with station ownership and contracts with the brand as well as location and volume. My father manages a Lukoil station, and they are lucky enough to be right off of 95 and also be the only gas station for several miles in any direction from the intersection they are on. For the last 10+ years they were under contract from Mobil, then Lukoil to buy gas only from them and because the station is in a well-off area (just south of Princeton), the company charged them more. The station owner just setup a new contract with Lukoil that allows him to purchase fuel at rack price from anywhere, which saves them quite a bit. They lowered their prices accordingly, but after a few weeks, saw no appreciable increase in volume at the pumps, so they slowly raised the rates back up a little to gain a bit more profit - still with no noticeable differences in volume.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge