Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-19-2006, 02:40 AM   #26
Brando56894
15 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jola
if you have a choice between pumping your own gas or not pumping your own gas (with no variables), which would you choose? just like when i was in school and my mom made my lunches. i was capable of making my own lunch, but why do it if there is a woman in the house who likes making lunches?
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #27
Turbo V6 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
its funny when we go across the border to PA and if we need gas we just sit there and wait for someone to come and do it for us. then after a few minutes we realize that we're in PA and that no one is gonna do it for us. we get some strange looks too

i used to live in FL so i dont care if i pump my own gas or not, but sometimes we forget.

yeah but in fl the pumps are slow as ****..... accualy the hole south has slow pumps...... i sware some of them pump like 1 gallon every 2 minutes

i have a looking gas cap if they try to pump it i let them fiddle with it for about 5 minutes, then they usally let me pump my own..... if not i do not use that staion any more
7.39@95.52 1.76 60 foot

Last edited by Turbo V6 Camaro; 05-19-2006 at 07:47 AM.
Turbo V6 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:02 AM   #28
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Why would you want to bother pumping your own gas if you don't have to? I think it's great NJ is full serve and employs people to pump gas. Prices are lower than those self serve states anyway. NJ will not switch to self serve because there will be no savings and it will create huge nightmares at gas stations. The gas attendants are almost like traffic cops in a gas station. Without them it would be mayhem! Mayhem I tell ya!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #29
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalrides2k3
heh theres only 2 gast stations i goto that i wont pump my gas at.thats only cause the guys working there are smart enough not to spill gas down the side of the car
I wont let them come near the Chevelle with the gas nozzle for two reasons 1) 90% of the time they get confused as hell and its hilarious watching them try to find the gas fill (its in the rear behind the license plate) 2)They find it and either scratch up my bumper or my paint. Its just easier for me to do it too, because sometimes the pumps have a hard time staying automatic and you gotta hold the lever down the whole time you fill it. Most of the attendants wouldnt want to stand there..
Old 05-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #30
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

I understand with the older cars, they can't even find the gas cap. But with the newer cars there's no reason to pump it yourself. I've had gas drip down the side of my old Indy Pace Car and never had a problem with it staining or damaging the paint. It's a matter of keeping your car properly protected. I find it funny that people won't put the effort into maintaining their car's finish but they'll pump their own gas.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge