Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 08-16-2004, 09:40 AM   #1
V
Stalker

aftermarket fuel lines to tpi fuel rails??? help me

ok, I'm doing a 350 tpi swap into a 87 Monte SS, I have almost everythign figured out except for the fuel lines. On the monte, they come up on the passenger side, and i have a camaro fuel rail which puts the fuel lines towards the drivers side, that isnt really my concern though, I just want to run aftermarket hard lines from the fuel rail connection down to the frame rail where i'll use high pressure hose and fitting to connect to the hard monte lines. Are the any aftermarket fitting that match up with the tpi ones or are they a special type? Has anyone done this before , if so, how? I got a grand national gas tank that puts the pump in the tank and all rubber hoses will be replaced so all thats taken care of. i just need to connect the fuel rail to the hard lines and thats holding me up. HELP ME
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:21 AM   #2
89 Trans Am WS6

TPIMonteSS did that swap to his car, and added a 5 spd too, and from seeing it at a show it looks like it belongs in their, im sure he can help ya out. Hes on this forum.

TPI your car is sweet btw
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:28 AM   #3
Slow Z
11 Second Club

You have the stock hard lines that come off the fuel rail and dump in front of the block on the drivers side? If so you need Earl's EAR-991954 & EAR-991955 fittings (summit p/n). They'll screw into the supply and return fittings and have 6AN male fittings on them.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:35 AM   #4
V
Stalker

I already PM'd him, lol, i talked to him a few times on montecarloss.com i also did 5spd but i went hydraulic and he used a mechanical setup. I havent got to see his car at any shows yet, but i think he lives like 3 towns away so i might have to check it out to see what i need to do on mine to make it better My monte is actually for my gf, its her dream car, she just wanted a ttop monte, black, with manual trans and a small cowl hood. I took it a little further, so I am doing it with a rebuilt 350 TPI(speed density), T5 tranny, 4" cowl hood, autometer gauges, 17" ROH snyper wheels, full length headers, true dual 3" exhaust, new paintjob, and changeover to grey interior(was maroon). I just need to figure out this fuel system and the drivers side header and then I can try starting it and putting the front clip back on(all new body parts) I hope my GF appreciates it.

Slow Z...awesome, thanks, thats exactly what i was looking for, p/n and everything, now i can get moving again...
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #5
The Fixer

Yep, I PM'd ya back already. We could meet up sometime if you want to check out my car, I am pretty close to where you live.

For anyone else interested, I'll post what I found. Dorman makes Fuel Filter repair lines, which use the same Saginaw fittings that are by the rails. They're available in 18" and 30" lengths of steel tube with the fitting on one end. Dorman products should be available from any respectable auto parts store.

Hope that helps ya!

And thanx for the compliments on my car Joe!

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech