Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 09-09-2004, 11:17 PM   #1
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

LT-1 Basic Power

I just wanted to know if the LT-1 motor responds well to basic bolt ons such as an LS1 would. Im not talking power adders such as nitrous, super-charging, or turbo. I just want to get a basic feel for whats out there, and what really makes a difference on these motors.

And the one in question I think is an 1996 car.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Re: LT-1 Basic Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
I just wanted to know if the LT-1 motor responds well to basic bolt ons such as an LS1 would. Im not talking power adders such as nitrous, super-charging, or turbo. I just want to get a basic feel for whats out there, and what really makes a difference on these motors.

And the one in question I think is an 1996 car.
they respond fine to bolt ons...i know brian projectZ was running low low 12's with a cam only setup so they aint that bad
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 02:27 PM   #3
Black'nOrange93z

well i noticed a big difference with the headers y pipe and TB.....mines force inducted so maybe thats why...but it still would have made a nice difference even without the SC...anyway...yea that'd be all i kno....i'm not full of information about performance and how do do **** and what this ratio is to that....i am just good with making a car look decent.....i leave the perf. mods upto the smart people
Black'nOrange93z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 04:58 PM   #4
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

What would Hooker Long Tube Headers with a 3" exhaust help me out with?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:17 AM   #5
Black'nOrange93z

i have no idea what that would do - i have shorty's...i noticed my car more responsive thru the RPM's, esp off the line...i left a 176 foot burnout in front of my house...ha, yea i measured it.....and it would have kept going but i stopped giving it gas...not bad for an automatic with 120k on it = )....but now after the Tb was put in i have detonation at high RPM...assume it is starving for fuel now with so much more air going in...thats why the regulator is goin in this week.,.....the guage is in already,....thats why i said LT1 stock fuel pressure is about 38 psi....least mine is
Old 09-20-2004, 10:41 AM   #6
Fastbird

LT1's respond fine to bolt on's. There's been one guy to run in the 11.9X range at about 111 bolt on only. Most usually run between 12.5-13.5 with bolt on's depending on state of suspension and traction.

Don't get sucked into the LT's own all frame of mind. There's PLENTY of Mid-length header designs out there that maintain your emissions compliance and make just as good power. ASM's all the way!!!

Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom Operator
Speed Density LT1 Forum -- 93 Service Manual DTC\'s and Diagnostic Charts
Fastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:44 AM   #7
Black'nOrange93z

good call - long live the opti - ha, mine dont seem to go by that rule of thumb - opti life expectancy = 35k miles - i've just had bad luck i guess - i have an opti in my garage....the one that was replaced after my water pump pissed on it - it seems like it is still good though - w/e i dun need it and wont bother puttin it back in my car
Old 09-20-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Mac mid-lengths are supposed to be just as good as LT's too...but you can beat the price of the pacesetter LT's :P
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech