Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 08-21-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
Bobby_Oofoh

Need Help with Buying Used Headers

They guys at the auto body shop that I'm friends with... have a set of used headers and Y-pipe that they're willing to sell to me for cheap. I finally got to take a look at them yesterday. I was told they are Hedman Hedders, most likely the 1 and 5/8ths. They're covered in surface rust... and have all the smog/pollution hook ups for my car. My main concern is the rust. They said they'd be able to sandblast the rust off and all I need would be to hit them with some hi temp paint.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Are these worth fixing up... or should I just go with a brand new set? Money is tight, so I don't see myself getting a brand new set of headers until next year or maybe the year after. I was looking to get Eldbrocks or SLPs if I went with a new set. Is anyone running 1 and 5/8ths on their 350?
Old 08-21-2004, 02:15 PM   #2
Squirrel
13 Second Club

tell them to get the rust off of them...if they clean up nicely, then go for it, if theyre all pitted and non surface rust then move along
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 07:30 PM   #3
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

what he said.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech