Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 09-09-2004, 10:10 AM   #1
V
Stalker

Who burns chips...?

ok, within the week i should be able to start my 87 monte SS, i just have to put in the distributor, plugs, plug wires and fuel tank. Then hook up 4-5 wires and turn the key. Its a 350 tpi SD rebuilt engine and t5 tranny. I have a modified computer already(basically stock program), i bought a modified stand-alone Speed density harness, and the guy programmed the ecm for a 350 , t5, and removed Vats. However im thinking I may need more of a custom program. I installed full length heades and a K&N filter right on the throttle body, and i heard that SD is not as forgiving as MAF and needs re-buring for most mods. I also removed the air pump and air select/diverter vales. instead, i installed dual 3" regular cats(no AIR tubes). I'm still running the EGR valve and the charcoal canister(purge).

SO... i need to know if i need to have my comp reprogrammed for the headers, K&N, and emissions changes, and if so, IS there anyone who could do it for me? i'll pay, thats not a problem. let me know Thanks in advance. -Paul
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:34 AM   #2
HardcoreZ28

I am also looking for someone in the club who burns chips and has a good rep. I know Prevo does, but he might be back in Ohio for school I'm not really sure. If you find someone let me know.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:42 AM   #3
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28
I am also looking for someone in the club who burns chips and has a good rep. I know Prevo does, but he might be back in Ohio for school I'm not really sure. If you find someone let me know.
jon definitly knows his **** when it comes to burning chips...i think he may have gone back, hes like fasterthanyou on this board or something.

lata
bill
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:18 AM   #4
Fasterthanyou

I'm still here in NJ. I actually got a job so I'll be around a bit longer, probably until the new year when the next quarter starts.
Just a heads up, I've got my diacom hardware with me now so I can scan anything GM and obd I , that's everything 95 and older.
As for burning chips for an f-body, I can do it all but there is hardware that needs to be bought before hand depending on the vehicle. Oh yeah, and I'm cheap (it's a hobby, not a job... yet).
Most need a memcal adaptor from moates.net , some don't (can be flashed).
I'm also like one of two guys that works with TBI vehicles (dim is the other nut).
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:32 AM   #5
HardcoreZ28

Jon,
I would definately appreciate it if you could do some tuning for me in the upcoming few weeks. I am actually going to have a laptop and Diacom too...just have to send out my money order. I know for sure that I need more fuel in my new engine because to get it to run close to right now I have to set the fuel pressure to like 55lbs.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech