Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 10-03-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
IROCdan330
12 Second Club

4th gen rear in a 3rd gen

I just purchased an '01 WS6 rear end, with 3.42s and posi and discs. The rear also came with a new girdle, LCAs (Stock bleh), shocks, and sway bar. The e-brake cable seems snapped.

Question 1. Will the 12 inch rotors fit under my stock iroc 16 inch rims?

Question 2. How much are new e-brake cables? How much are new brake lines altogether (just incase)?

Question 3: What, if any, difficulties should I run into swapping this? How long should it take?

Oh, and, don't ever try to take home a rear end like that in your iroc. Its heavy as ****, hard to get in there, then hard to take out. I'm 17 and i think that alone aged me 10 years.

Is the sway bar on this thing 24mm? I don't have a metric ruler but it seemed to be about an inch thick or so.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:20 PM   #2
j0n

Re: 4th gen rear in a 3rd gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCdan330
I just purchased an '01 WS6 rear end, with 3.42s and posi and discs. The rear also came with a new girdle, LCAs (Stock bleh), shocks, and sway bar. The e-brake cable seems snapped.

Question 1. Will the 12 inch rotors fit under my stock iroc 16 inch rims?

Question 2. How much are new e-brake cables? How much are new brake lines altogether (just incase)?

Question 3: What, if any, difficulties should I run into swapping this? How long should it take?

Oh, and, don't ever try to take home a rear end like that in your iroc. Its heavy as ****, hard to get in there, then hard to take out. I'm 17 and i think that alone aged me 10 years.

Is the sway bar on this thing 24mm? I don't have a metric ruler but it seemed to be about an inch thick or so.
not sure about much other than that you will need a new proportioning valve if you're going from drums to disks out back
Old 10-03-2004, 07:29 PM   #3
IROCdan330
12 Second Club

ok the sway bar on it is like 19mm which blows...

also..can someone just explain what needs to be done with the brakes besdies the proportioning valve?

thats what im most confused on...
Old 10-03-2004, 09:13 PM   #4
inthered

e-brake cable is like $33 from a GM dealer.

You may want to check with jason cromer maybe he can get you a better deal...look for his info on cz28.com
inthered is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech