Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Chatterbox sunday 10/25- invade other meets?

Well there's a VW cruise leaving ITC in Mt. Olive at 1030 am and heading up to high point, plus a Mustang club heading up from Sayreville area. Since they're currently calling for nice weather, anybody feel like crashing their meets?

Not sure yet, but I might be joining the VW cruise for fun...anybody else interested?
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 10-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
MonmouthCtyAntz

That place is a hike im out

AI HCR 241's , Lunati 223/236 .615/.626 114+2 , Full Exhaust , Ported Fast 92 , Ported LS2 TB , Veraram , 85mm MAF , Circle D 4000 , 3.42's , GTP 36# , CSP Dyno tune. More on the way
420 HP/367 TQ on a Unlocked Converter & still climbing.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
thunder
12 Second Club

is chatter box the place up in augusta?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
is chatter box the place up in augusta?
Yes, where the May meet was, the 50s style drive in place.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 10-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Welllllllll....anybody?
Team FARM
Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
TaKid455

Its a possibility for me. between either Etown and picking my new toy, i'll spread thin for time. we'll see.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
TheV6Guy

Social Networks:

i live right down the road.cars bumepers peelin but heck ill try to make it.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #8
TheV6Guy

Social Networks:

Need a time to head to the chatterbox..
Old 10-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #9
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

They aren't sure what time...the admins are keeping the route a secret.
That's why i asked if people wanted to join the cruise.
Team FARM

Last edited by Anti_Rice_Guy; 10-23-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Just letting people know that I won't be going all the way up to chatterbox if I join them at all, I have family coming to town I just found out today.
Team FARM
Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #11
Hammersmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
Well there's a VW cruise leaving ITC in Mt. Olive at 1030 am and heading up to high point, plus a Mustang club heading up from Sayreville area. Since they're currently calling for nice weather, anybody feel like crashing their meets?

Not sure yet, but I might be joining the VW cruise for fun...anybody else interested?
Someone pointed this post out to me yesterday and since I'm the person that organized and ran the VW event you wanted to "invade" I felt obligated to post a response.

You seemed to know an awful lot about the event, where it was starting, what time, where it was ending and that the route was not published. Knowing that you knew all those details it seems to me that if you legitimately wanted to come out and join us that you would have had no problem getting a hold of me so that we could have worked something out. You didn't do that so I can only assume that your intent was to cause problems, and yes I saw you roll in Sunday morning, park your car, and rev the motor trying to get attention, hooray for you, mission accomplished.

What you didn't seem to post in here is that event was for charity and that we had collected over 3500lbs in canned and non perishable food donations and over $600 in cash from T-shirt sales for local area foodbanks to help those less fortunate. You also failed to mention that we were meeting at 8:30AM in hotel parking lot, a hotel that doesn't have to let us use their lot to park 150+ cars every year (especially when they have guests that are paying good money for a room and might not want to woken up at 8:30 by the sounds some moron revving his engine) but they do because they understand the cause and what we're trying to do and year after year the people that show up to this event are respectful to their facilities and their guests. Hell they even let us come in use the bathrooms and send guys with cameras up to the higher floors so they can take pictures from a cooler angle.

You may think that this is all a big joke, and that's fine but next time you try and organize some half hearted attempt to invade or disrupt someone else's event make sure you tell them that they are on their way to cause a problem at something that's sole purpose was to give back to the community and help those than are unable to help themselves. Make sure they understand what you're trying to get them in to.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
Someone pointed this post out to me yesterday and since I'm the person that organized and ran the VW event you wanted to "invade" I felt obligated to post a response.

You seemed to know an awful lot about the event, where it was starting, what time, where it was ending and that the route was not published. Knowing that you knew all those details it seems to me that if you legitimately wanted to come out and join us that you would have had no problem getting a hold of me so that we could have worked something out. You didn't do that so I can only assume that your intent was to cause problems, and yes I saw you roll in Sunday morning, park your car, and rev the motor trying to get attention, hooray for you, mission accomplished.

What you didn't seem to post in here is that event was for charity and that we had collected over 3500lbs in canned and non perishable food donations and over $600 in cash from T-shirt sales for local area foodbanks to help those less fortunate. You also failed to mention that we were meeting at 8:30AM in hotel parking lot, a hotel that doesn't have to let us use their lot to park 150+ cars every year (especially when they have guests that are paying good money for a room and might not want to woken up at 8:30 by the sounds some moron revving his engine) but they do because they understand the cause and what we're trying to do and year after year the people that show up to this event are respectful to their facilities and their guests. Hell they even let us come in use the bathrooms and send guys with cameras up to the higher floors so they can take pictures from a cooler angle.

You may think that this is all a big joke, and that's fine but next time you try and organize some half hearted attempt to invade or disrupt someone else's event make sure you tell them that they are on their way to cause a problem at something that's sole purpose was to give back to the community and help those than are unable to help themselves. Make sure they understand what you're trying to get them in to.
I only knew about it because two of my friends told me about it and participated. I didn't realize it was a charity run until I got there at 10 am. I just thought it was a car cruise and figured on tagging along for a bit. I hadn't planned on really "disturbing" your event and throwing it to pieces. My friends had not told me the whole thing, thus I could not give any details to the members here, and admitted that. I was not trying to keep my intentions or details of the event a secret.
Team FARM
Old 10-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #13
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

I don't believe I caused any trouble for you or anyone there, and if anyone saw me, I was walking around with my friends admiring your cars because you are among the only import brands that are never ricey, only looking for legit performance or merely a better looking car. I had already spoken with a few members here about joining in your effort next year as of last night.
Team FARM
Old 10-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
Stupercharged

Quote:

It seems that you seem pretty scared that there might have been big v8s brought to one of your events. How can you even judge or club and our f body community when you have never been to one of our events. I bet if many of our members showed up they would have been more then happy to donate for charity. And I know nick very well and really doubt he revved his car, and even if maybe just a touch but you cant tell me that no other vw or other car attending your event hasnt done the same. I feel you should overview some of this before you start pointing fingers.

07' Saturn Aura - Daily
94' Camaro LSX SWAP someday....- Drive Way Ornament
98' Camaro LS1 M6 - SOLD
98' GTP Forged and saw 14lbs of boost - Grenaded and SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS View Post
the best ricers to mess with are the ones that have those annoying blue and red lights. they are very persistent, ill give them that...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
NjbadSS

I can say that it is funny for you to be saying all of this and bashing nick for showing up when I happen to live near the chatterbox, and passed a group of your cars as they were revving their engines acting in the same manner that you are pointing the finger at nick for. Also, we have a pretty good group of guys here that aren't about bashing other car clubs or meets. We have had times when we had a meet and there were mustang guys or other car groups in the same area and could walk around and actually check out each others cars. Even though we may have different taste in cars, we share one thing, and thats the love of cars.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
Xring427

nick doesn't disturb anyone ever so i highly doubt he was doing anything to cause trouble let alone "disturbing the peace" at all in anyway what so ever. by invading the meet he was saying joining it. If i showed up in my mustang would you go on svtperformance and complain about that? no disrespect was ever ment and if you think it was then you have no idea what real disrespect is.

I want an Fbody
Old 10-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #17
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:

Kudos to you and your club for giving back. That's a great thing to do, especially around this time of year!

Our club does not condone "invasions" in any way, and from what I know of Nick he's not that type of guy. I believe he meant that it was a VW club event and he would roll in in a non-VW vechicle. Not to go be a jerk doing donuts or whatever to try and ruin your event.

Last edited by WildBillyT; 10-27-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
Hammersmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupercharged View Post
It seems that you seem pretty scared that there might have been big v8s brought to one of your events. How can you even judge or club and our f body community when you have never been to one of our events. I bet if many of our members showed up they would have been more then happy to donate for charity. And I know nick very well and really doubt he revved his car, and even if maybe just a touch but you cant tell me that no other vw or other car attending your event hasnt done the same. I feel you should overview some of this before you start pointing fingers.
I don't know where you got the idea that I was judging the entire forum by one person's actions but you're dead wrong, you're also wrong about me being worried about V8's showing up at the event. Quite honestly I couldn't have cared less provided those that show up had the brains to be respectful.

We're all gearheads here, you guys build V8's we build boosted 4 cylinders but this has nothing to do with that. We met that morning in a hotel parking lot, a hotel that's graciously let us host our event year after year without incident but hotels get paid to bend over backwards for guests that pay them good money for a place to sleep. Do you think for a moment that hotel would have thought twice about throwing us out if they had gotten even a single noise complaint that morning?

After the fact someone points out this thread to me and says hey I wonder if this is the guy in the Camaro that made all that noise and sure enough I click on the link in Nick's sig and there's the car. That coupled with the "hey let's invade this event' language and you tell me what you would think if you were me?

We all love to hear the sound of well built motor, spooling turbos, and whining superchargers but there's a time and a place and for all that and a hotel parking lot at 9AM is not the time.

Did **** go on later in the day that I wasn't proud of from some of the VW owners? Sure it did and we'll police our own but everyone except for Nick seemed to understand that it was time to behave when we hit the hotel parking lot.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #19
thunder
12 Second Club

Hey man get off nick's back. the only thing he is guilty off is having some fun. as far as invading ur meet goes that just some fooling around. nothing serious man
Old 10-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #20
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

I didn't rev to 5000rpm or anything crazy like that, and it was well after 10 am by the time I got there. Not to mention I was not the only car to have revved. Therefore I don't see how I was being disrespectful, or at least any moreso than the rest of the people there. One would have to read very literally, and not think as to what I typed to believe that I planned on invading and doing burnouts and running people over type of "invasion".
What you're saying is you typed these long angry responses because I revved slightly as i pulled in to your meet that I was invited to? When I was not the only car to rev?

I respected every car there, wandered around, and did not hear one complaint, I joked with a few people I didn't know and they joked back with me. I was standing 5 feet from you when you were doing the pre-cruise announcements wearing my Chevy racing hat and NJFBOA hoodie. If I was really that disrespectful and an idiot you could've said something then. I didn't quite try to hide who I was.

And most importantly the "invade" was a JOKE. I was asking who wanted to come cruise with you guys, which is what I said.
Team FARM
Old 10-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #21
Xring427

so let me get this straight, your complaining that a car made noise at a car meet. and your saying at 9AM which is wrong because nick did not get there till after 10, i know this because he called me when he got to the place. AND normal people should expect noise at 10am, im sure the landscapers, construction workers, and whatnot who are up earlier than that cause way more noise than nick did. did they complain? no, so obviously it wasnt this spectacle that you are making it sound like.

I want an Fbody
Old 10-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #22
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Hammersmith - Why didn't you address it at the time when it happened? I think this all could have been handled much more appropriately if you had just gone over to Nick when he arrived, explained the situation, and asked him to keep it quiet while you were around the hotel. Not only would it have made sure that there was no further revving of engines to bother hotel guests, but you also would have then known why he was there, and you wouldn't have worried about anything when someone showed you this thread.

Bringing this issue that is just between you and Nick, and is also in the past, out into an open forum is not the way to handle it.

Please feel free to send Nick or myself a PM if you want to discuss it further.

- Justin

Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey