Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 02-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #26
Blacdout96

IM IN TIM!!! you know that man, im more then willign to do this.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:07 PM   #27
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i am going to talk to the organizers of the LSR meets this weekend. with the response and suggestions about this idea, i have a very good feeling that we can make it into a big deal.
i will keep everyone posted.
in the mean time, let all of your f-body friends know about this. we can settle, once and for all, who actually is the fastest on teh streets.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:53 PM   #28
Blacdout96

Well id like to go for the fasest N/A V6 camaro record, doubt it'll happen, but you never know.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #29
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

the classes are seperated into displacement groups(you woul dbe "E - 184 thru 260 cid (3.01 to 4.26 L)"), basic car type(coupe, sedan, comp coupe....), and aero modifications.
once things are a bit more inplace we will be able to help everyone figure out what class they fit into and if there are record runs to be called for

Old 02-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #30
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
the classes are seperated into displacement groups(you woul dbe "E - 184 thru 260 cid (3.01 to 4.26 L)"), basic car type(coupe, sedan, comp coupe....), and aero modifications.
once things are a bit more inplace we will be able to help everyone figure out what class they fit into and if there are record runs to be called for
Sounds good, yeah i havea few friends that still need to come out of the wood works, like the one that just got his tranny in his z not too long ago, and a nother that just got done fixing up his 86' But im always Pluggin NJFBOA.org, cause its fun, and im trying to do everything i can to get people to come out. This event, if it can get together, adn has enogh support would be a great way to show people that were more then just an internet club, that we are dedicated and hopefully, can spark some more sponsers and intrest. I really hope this comes together, and I don care weither i do 120 or 20 mph down that thing, it would be just a blast, kudos big tim, im anxious to hear news on this.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #31
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Well id like to go for the fasest N/A V6 camaro record, doubt it'll happen, but you never know.
reeeeeeeeally....

*looks at spare rear*

*looks at 3.08s in the garage*

hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #32
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

the record depends how the classes are broken down as far as mods to the vehicle. not sure how that works yet.
here are all the e-class records

E/Gas Real Street USS Wankel C. Rothfuss Oct-00 126.227
E/Fuel Real Street Calaguiro Bros. Racing Paul Calaguiro May-05 107.781
E/Gas Super Street Matthew Roberts Matt Roberts Sep-05 138.608
E/Blown Gas Super Street Proto Tech B. Henson Sep-01 187.891

it doesn't look like the catagory that you V6'ers would fall into is very well subscribed.

remember one thing though, we can only go for official record runs if we are running the full ECTA rules and not a whittled down rules package. so we have to see hwo the event is going to be run before anything.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #33
Blacdout96

Quote:
the record depends how the classes are broken down as far as mods to the vehicle. not sure how that works yet.
here are all the e-class records

E/Gas Real Street USS Wankel C. Rothfuss Oct-00 126.227
E/Fuel Real Street Calaguiro Bros. Racing Paul Calaguiro May-05 107.781
E/Gas Super Street Matthew Roberts Matt Roberts Sep-05 138.608
E/Blown Gas Super Street Proto Tech B. Henson Sep-01 187.891

it doesn't look like the catagory that you V6'ers would fall into is very well subscribed.

remember one thing though, we can only go for official record runs if we are running the full ECTA rules and not a whittled down rules package. so we have to see hwo the event is going to be run before anything.
So would we be Gas real, r fuel real class? either or, I think I might try to get up to that... who ddo I have to contact to get all the E-class specs and rules, ill just ge the inf ofro mthem and start doing up my car. And Savage, besides the 3.08s i still got as a spare in the back yard, I might have another suprise waiting, ill post the pics about my new idea asap on another thread, and if it works I just mght make one for ya. It pays to havea metal shop at work
Old 02-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #34
V
Stalker

i got a spooled 2.41 rear w/c clip eliminators in the works already for something else. but id use my 3.42 rear for this event.

but tim, that brings up another question. IF we do this event, would it be possible for a member to bring a second rear axle assembly, make one run then swap it out to see if there is a difference? i know the really low 2.41s may hurt in the beginning and limit what i can reach, but i figured its worth asking
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #35
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS View Post
i got a spooled 2.41 rear w/c clip eliminators in the works already for something else. but id use my 3.42 rear for this event.

but tim, that brings up another question. IF we do this event, would it be possible for a member to bring a second rear axle assembly, make one run then swap it out to see if there is a difference? i know the really low 2.41s may hurt in the beginning and limit what i can reach, but i figured its worth asking
Good question, like how many runs do we get, and are we able to swap things out of our cars or is it run what oyu brung and dont touch anyhting else?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:04 PM   #36
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

dunno any of that yet. the number of runs will depend on the amount of cars involved and changing parts will depend on what the part is and what, if any, safety rules would be involved in the swap.
as soon as i have more details about hwo the events are run normally and how the rules apply to the more common street vehicles we have in the club those questions will be easier to answer.
for now, everybody hang tight and plan to go fast.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:43 AM   #37
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

UPDAYTE: i kid u not - I dont have 3rd or 4th gear mind you- i ran on this back 3 mile stretch from MM2 for 1.1 mile from a dig .. with NO 3rD or 4TH GEAR i hit 155MPH i kid u not, i would not tell stoeries. i did this when i was sober too 1st gear, 2d ghear, shifted at 70mph then hit 5th gear, lol and eventually hit 155 by the mile and a 10th

so this gets me thinking.... with a 3rd and 4th gear, im probably looking at 160-165mph possibly

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day

Last edited by 98tadriver; 02-18-2007 at 02:50 AM.
98tadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #38
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tadriver View Post
UPDAYTE: i kid u not - I dont have 3rd or 4th gear mind you- i ran on this back 3 mile stretch from MM2 for 1.1 mile from a dig .. with NO 3rD or 4TH GEAR i hit 155MPH i kid u not, i would not tell stoeries. i did this when i was sober too 1st gear, 2d ghear, shifted at 70mph then hit 5th gear, lol and eventually hit 155 by the mile and a 10th

so this gets me thinking.... with a 3rd and 4th gear, im probably looking at 160-165mph possibly
It could be quite possible. The majority of the time down the mile was spent getting up from 2nd to 5th, so im sure theres more you can get out of it. what ears are you running in the rear, adn do you have 3rd and 4th this time if we go? lol
Old 02-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #39
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tadriver View Post

hnestly, it is not likely to change too dramaticaly. land speed,much like a trap speed at the track, is more a reflection of your power to weight ratio than your gearing. there is some advantage to having the correct rear gear to use the entire power band as you come through the end of the course, but it is not the focal point that would lead to a huge jump in top speed.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #40
98tadriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
It could be quite possible. The majority of the time down the mile was spent getting up from 2nd to 5th, so im sure theres more you can get out of it. what ears are you running in the rear, adn do you have 3rd and 4th this time if we go? lol

3.42's and Yes, lol i should have my trans here in a week or so

Quote:
hnestly, it is not likely to change too dramaticaly. land speed,much like a trap speed at the track, is more a reflection of your power to weight ratio than your gearing. there is some advantage to having the correct rear gear to use the entire power band as you come through the end of the course, but it is not the focal point that would lead to a huge jump in top speed.

Yes, but we are talking about skipping 2 whole gears here. let me take you for a ride down the road as it sits with no 3rd and 4th gear. and then go for a ride after i get the transmission in my car.
Heres a good example- I had a 1987 5.0 mustang pull on me from 70-130mph because i dont have 3rd and 4th gear. and i could not catch him because i spent forever in 5th gear.

12's on moda? One day

Last edited by 98tadriver; 02-18-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #41
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

that is acceleration rate, not top speed. the top speed you will reach is dictated merely by the power you have compared to the resistance at play. 3rd and 4th don't add any power and therefore won't make much, if any, top speed magically appear.
if it helped that much you wouldn't see the land speed guys running such numerically low gears.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:00 PM   #42
V
Stalker

well tim, i think he means in top speed for a standing mile. yes overall top speed depends on hp vs. resistance and all. His 2 missing gears wouldnt matter if he had like a 5 mile run, but in 1 mile, while you're taking longer to accelerate, during that time, you're still covering ground at a decent speed, and you'll cover the remainder of a mile pretty quick. If im confusing something please corretc me, i just never did a land speed event so i cant compare to anything and since you do know more about these racing events, ill believe you. lol.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #43
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

if 5th is the gear he would get into anyway in that distance, then having the other gears makes very little difference.
from teh reading i have been doing, there is a huge difference in the way performance over 1/4 and mile or more work. gearing seems to have less and less of an impact the greater the distance invovled.
on the other hand, even basic aero tweaking, the example i found was a car lowered 1.5inches, seems to show comparitively huge gains. adding several mph to the top speed achieved.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #44
V
Stalker

Quote:
the example i found was a car lowered 1.5inches, seems to show comparitively huge gains. adding several mph to the top speed achieved.
sweet, as the lowest f body around here, we shall see....
Old 02-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #45
98tadriver

im gonna get HYDRAULICS and slam mah ***** to da ground and gain 10mph

12's on moda? One day
Old 02-20-2007, 05:52 PM   #46
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS View Post
sweet, as the lowest f body around here, we shall see....

any higher than it was paul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.

Last edited by Knipps; 02-20-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #47
V
Stalker

as of now, it is higher that that picture, same setup up front still, but stock springs in the rear again. it has an ugly raked look, but thatll only be until after the new engine is broken in. then it'll get dropped down again. and now i lost another 1/4" of clearence when the subframes slid under the TQ arm mount, i may have to make some custom changes if its too low(i cant believe i just said that... "too low" hahaha)
Old 02-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #48
Knipps

i want to lower mine at some point.. maybe this summer
sound system comes first though

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #49
CALL911

Did we ever get a price figure for option #2? I am confident my car would trap beyond 175, and honestly, other than the cage that I was planning on putting in sometime anyway, I don't really plan on doing all that other stuff to the car either just for this one event. All that money, and mods spent in doing stuff to my car are things I would rather not do. I would rather spend on option #2 as we wouldn't have to do as much (or perhaps nothing). I realize this option is less safe, but depending on the amount of work needed in a car to begin with, it may in fact be cheeper. Not to mention, you will be at risk in both cases. More than likely, the biggest safety things to consider IMO is if you have seen those speeds in your car before, and can drive them confidently. Without doing those two things, you could have all the other safety things included, but you aren't really running "safe" IMO.

Basically stated, what are the full options, i.e., how much for option #2? I would be extremly interested as well if the price was right, and I didn't have to mod my car to this extreme just for this event.

95 Z28 M6, 383, D1SC, FMIC, ect., ect., 614 RWHP with the stock PCM and pump gas!

98 Formula WS6 M6
CALL911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:46 PM   #50
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i have to discuss things further with the ECTA still. there is a lot fo planning that has to be put into this. i would count on the meet costing somewhere in the $150-200 range to participate. that would get you two days of as many passes as participation/time allow for.
the cost to run the event under seperate rules is expensive and it is somethign we are taking a serious look at before we can commit one way or the other to putting together the event. estimates to run the weekend go as high at $10k for a two day event between rent, insurance, timing and scoring, and the host of other expenses related to such a large undertaking.
basicaly, it woudl take a serious commitment by the membership here and f-body owners from around the country to make this happen. aftrmarket sponsorship is a must as well and i am not talking about local companies, it takes national brands to put up the kind of cash that it takes to make something like this happen.
i am not giving up on the idea, but i will say the scales of cost and commitment invovled is a much more than i had anticipated. i am going to talk with the folks at the ECTA some more and hopefuly meet with them early next month to hammer out what exactly is needed to get this done for the 2008 season.
anyone who is or knows someone who may be interested, please keep spreading the word about this idea. we need lots of cars, spectators, and volunteers to help this event come together and run smoothly once everything is in place.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events