Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
IROC-MIKE

I'm offering to organize Cruise Night Caravans in 2017

Spring Greetings! The warm weather is finally here and I'm sure everyone is itching to take the car out of winter storage as much as I am. I'm not here often but the last time I was, I came across a post from one of the moderators who put a call out to members to help carry some of the load and get more involved and mentioned organizing a group gathering. Last year a few of us were able to meet up and do a small caravan to the Chatterbox and a C&C meet which I think was an enjoyable trip and fun event for all of us. I know NJFBOA holds a yearly event there but I go at least once a month and its always a huge turnout. So as my part of celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the F Body, I'm offering to organize trips to Chatterbox (Saturdays), Whiskey Cafe (Saturdays), Wyckoff (Wednesdays), Bear Mountain (Wednesdays), Boonton (Fridays) and the Bergen County Cars and Coffee (Sundays). I'll also post the car shows as I get info about time & locations as I do a few of those each year. If anyone is interested, I will put a post up the week before I know I am going to each of those and will organize a route where we can meet with other members and drive in together. I can literally walk to the Wyckoff show (which is already in full swing and still at same place as last year: Cedar Hill Reformed Church just across the highway form the Wyckoff Dunkin Donuts) but I'm up to drive a little to meet up with others. I never know what my schedule is for each week so I'm not proposing planning specific trips. I am offering to figure out what route each of us would be taking and plot it out to pick up the most people along the way and roll in as a group to the events I will be going to.
Not sure how many of you are up for it but I'm throwing it out there because I go to these cruises either way. I enjoy driving the car more than looking at it parked so I try to take scenic routes that are fun to drive with little worry about traffic and theres safety in numbers.
Speaking of which...
Jersey Mike: I forgot to thank you for taking one for the team getting pulled over in Allendale on our last C&C caravan but you probably would have gotten the ticket had you been solo.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:27 PM   #2
madness410

awesome man i'm following.
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
omarcamaro
12 Second Club

dose it have to be my f body

67 Camaro RS
70 Camaro RS
95 Camaro Z28
omarcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:20 PM   #4
Punkmaster 98

im game, granted my car is ready
1984 Trans Am 6.0 4L60E , Ford 8.8 3.55 gears
1991 Trans Am
1985 Iroc Z
2015 Silverado 2500HD
Punkmaster 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #5
IROC-MIKE

everyones welcome

Cruises are open to all classic and collector cars so you dont have to take your F Body. However, I am trying to get a large number of F Bodies to roll in as one group for the shock and awe factor. I was watching Caffeine and Octane the other day and a VW Club got over 50 VDubs of all years to caravan to a show.
And that was in Georgia where pickups rule! So, I thought we have to be able to do at least half that number with F Bodies in NJ. Its not like were in Alaska and F bodies are non existent. I have a few friends with 1st Gen Camaros that usually go with me to most of those events so I have 3 already.
Of course you can take anything you like if you would like to follow us in your daily driver, but if its not a classic or collector car the event organizers will not allow you to park with us as a group.
The last time I went to Whiskey Cafe (last season) there were about 4 F Bodies but a Mustang club from NYC took over the lot and rolled in with at least 25 Mustangs!
I'm not planning on taking my Camaro to any events for a few more weeks, (I'll be taking the daily or doing a ride along in someone elses car) so you guys will have some time to get your cars ready for the season.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #6
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Sounds good to me. Hopefully I can be available to participate.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:44 PM   #7
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

heck yea!

I am definitely in for some Chatterbox and the other venues, my work schedule is wacky, but certainly I'm interested and will be at some of these

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #8
RiggsLW81

details on fridays in Boonton? where/times/link to page, etc

Another trip inside the acid bath..no salvation and the grave is coming fast..
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #9
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggsLW81 View Post
details on fridays in Boonton? where/times/link to page, etc
The shoppes across the parking lot from Wal-Mart. Friday nights, it's a legitimate cruise night that's organized and roped off.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #10
madness410

they have car shows every friday in somerville but usually parking is hard to find and they are mostly classics. im down for some boonton action.
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #11
RiggsLW81

thanks Nick. do you know the time frame for Boonton cruise?

Another trip inside the acid bath..no salvation and the grave is coming fast..
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #12
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggsLW81 View Post
thanks Nick. do you know the time frame for Boonton cruise?
Monthwise or time of day wise?

I don't know either but timewise it's typical organized show - 5pm-8ish
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #13
IROC-MIKE

Boonton Cruise

Boonton Cruise is every Friday night. Some people call it the Wal-Mart show but it is in the parking lot adjoining the Wal-Mart in the Boonton Plaza Shopping Center directly off Wootton Street. Take Exit 45 off Rt 287 and go up the hill on Wootton towards the twin water tanks. If you pass the tanks you just passed the entrance. Google map Delizia Pizza Kitchen and the show is in front of there (AWESOME FOOD!) Not sure the official start time and it goes until dark. On a good night you need to be there by 5pm or you may get turned away due to the lot being full. I counted the spots and there are 310 but typically 200+ cars any given week. I think its $2 per car to get in and they give 50/50 raffles with entrance. You will be allowed to park in another lot which is NOT blocked off to the other people visiting the stores or walking the car show, so you wont have to leave, you just need to be careful where you park outside the show area because its open to the public with the minivans and shopping carts. Not sure if it officially started yet but I'll check into it and I will post when I am going to see if we can get a group to go together.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #14
IROC-MIKE

Please see my new thread for the Blue Maxi Jerry Schmidt Memorial Cruise to the Chatterbox on Saturday July 8. Lets make this rally a huge turnout!

*J.M. edit* Link here: http://njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67815

Last edited by Jersey Mike; 06-09-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #15
Tim4thewin

Social Networks:

Count me in
Tim4thewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:15 AM   #16
KevinW

I've always wanted to go to whiskey cafe!
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #17
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Im tracking for anything on Saturdays in July!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey