Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #1501
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator
 
Blackbirdws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Posts: 6,050
iTrader: (3)
Looks like the hatch plastic and door panels need some of that spray paint loving. Seats look fun. Is it just the light or is that shade for the cargo area a very different color than the carpet?
__________________

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

17 C7Z - 10.83 @ 128
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
06 Merc BLS55
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #1502
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator
 
Jersey Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Jersey = Best Jersey.
Posts: 4,434
iTrader: (12)
Social Networks:

You ordered coat hanger shens? If not, I have a spare set left over from the V6 car you're welcome to.
Also, I don't think any of the cargo area fasteners are the push-pin style...
I believe they're all the same jankety T-shaped lock/unclock nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
Is it just the light or is that shade for the cargo area a very different color than the carpet?
I think I remember him saying the carpet is aftermarket... rings a bell, a la butchering.
__________________

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #1503
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake
 
LS1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Meadowlands
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (15)
Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
Looks like the hatch plastic and door panels need some of that spray paint loving. Seats look fun. Is it just the light or is that shade for the cargo area a very different color than the carpet?
trims on the hatch itself will prob meet their demise since ill be going pin on hatch shortly. And yes, the shade is a dark grey from one of my previous cars, only thing i had lying around. If i spot a black one for cheap, ill grab it. But till then, yolo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
You ordered coat hanger shens? If not, I have a spare set left over from the V6 car you're welcome to.
Also, I don't think any of the cargo area fasteners are the push-pin style...
I believe they're all the same jankety T-shaped lock/unclock nonsense.


I think I remember him saying the carpet is aftermarket... rings a bell, a la butchering.
Yeah i grabbed em on ebay for $7 shipped so i cant complain really. Id pay the $7 just to not have you peer pressure me into buying a amazon alexa again.

Driver side panel is pushpin since it doesnt have to be removed "ever" unlike the passenger side which houses the spare.
__________________
-2018 Ram 1500
-1999 Chevy Camaro Z28
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #1504
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake
 
LS1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Meadowlands
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (15)
Social Networks:

As for the shifter issue, i stuffed myself under the car again to find the shift linkage popped out of the bracket that bolts to the trans pan. Popped it back in and ran threw the gears 1 time perfect, tried to do it again to no success. Crawled under again and it’s popped out again. Is there’s supposed to be something to hold it in? Right now it just slides in and pops out with little force.
__________________
-2018 Ram 1500
-1999 Chevy Camaro Z28
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:19 AM   #1505
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake
 
LS1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Meadowlands
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (15)
Social Networks:

Update on shifter issue, pretty sure my shift cable is just negged. Upon looking at some pics, it looks like there should be some form of "collar" that expands and locks the cable into the bracket. Mine is MIA. I doubt that piece is available separate, so looks like im on the hunt for a shift cable.



__________________
-2018 Ram 1500
-1999 Chevy Camaro Z28
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #1506
wretched73
 
wretched73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jackson, NJ
Posts: 1,470
iTrader: (2)
Can't you just rig something up? Put something like a screw type clamp on it and call it a day?

The e-brake on my camaro was kept into the drum with a "crown" style keeper like that. Maybe that would work
__________________
1983 camaro- Scrap
1988 camaro- Current mistake
DD- '05 Silverado
1988 TRX 250R- Ported w/ high compression on 110 octane- Out 60' your LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
and once i get PHB, what do i ajust it too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Seven.
wretched73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #1507
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake
 
LS1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Meadowlands
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (15)
Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched73 View Post
Can't you just rig something up? Put something like a screw type clamp on it and call it a day?

The e-brake on my camaro was kept into the drum with a "crown" style keeper like that. Maybe that would work
I guess i could run some sort of tiny clamp to hold it from popping out, im pretty sure the cable assembly is only like $30.
__________________
-2018 Ram 1500
-1999 Chevy Camaro Z28
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:11 AM   #1508
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips
 
PolarBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamilton, Mercer county
Posts: 4,043
iTrader: (15)
Just wrap it with copious amounts of duct tape, or duck tape if you prefer.

Or a tie wrap around that, or put a tek screw right through the cable
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:40 AM   #1509
MDSheds_SS
11 sec club
 
MDSheds_SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 816
iTrader: (1)
Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
Just wrap it with copious amounts of duct tape, or duck tape if you prefer.

Or a tie wrap around that, or put a tek screw right through the cable
This only works if you flex seal over it when your done.
__________________
99 Z28 Trick Flow 215s milled to 61cc 228/232 Cam Fast 102 built 4l65e trans 4000 converter 12 bolt 410s Electric WP deleted PS/AC Dyno & Track tuned
2015 ATS Coupe. AWD 2.0 Turbo
2012 2500hd Silverado with LTZ 20s on 35x12.5x20
86 Buick GN Lesabre 1 of 117 (4-Sale)
MDSheds_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #1510
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake
 
LS1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Meadowlands
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (15)
Social Networks:

What if i just eliminate the cable system completely and just cut a hole in the floor and shift it by hand ?
__________________
-2018 Ram 1500
-1999 Chevy Camaro Z28
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #1511
wretched73
 
wretched73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jackson, NJ
Posts: 1,470
iTrader: (2)
This is the trouble with posting an entire build on a forum. Its a shifter cable, who cares, and if you take a short cut you're going to have 100+ people tell you that you rigged it when in reality they would all do the same thing or worse.
__________________
1983 camaro- Scrap
1988 camaro- Current mistake
DD- '05 Silverado
1988 TRX 250R- Ported w/ high compression on 110 octane- Out 60' your LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
and once i get PHB, what do i ajust it too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Seven.
wretched73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:31 PM   #1512
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips
 
PolarBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamilton, Mercer county
Posts: 4,043
iTrader: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS View Post
This only works if you flex seal over it when your done.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
What if i just eliminate the cable system completely and just cut a hole in the floor and shift it by hand ?
YES! like twin sticking a transfer case. Weld a lever right to the actuator arm and just count the detents as you shift it out of park
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #1513
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake
 
LS1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Meadowlands
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (15)
Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched73 View Post
This is the trouble with posting an entire build on a forum. Its a shifter cable, who cares, and if you take a short cut you're going to have 100+ people tell you that you rigged it when in reality they would all do the same thing or worse.

You think im not used to jersey mike crying about every little thing?
__________________
-2018 Ram 1500
-1999 Chevy Camaro Z28
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #1514
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator
 
LTb1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 16,438
iTrader: (8)
Meh, my shift linkage is pretty hacked up. Its an auto, as long as you can get into drive, you are good to go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkEvil View Post
repo bigals turd gen and part it out to a loving home
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #1515
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake
 
LS1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Meadowlands
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (15)
Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Meh, my shift linkage is pretty hacked up. Its an auto, as long as you can get into drive, you are good to go.
I can get in into, i just cant get it out of.
__________________
-2018 Ram 1500
-1999 Chevy Camaro Z28
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #1516
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator
 
LTb1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 16,438
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
I can get in into, i just cant get it out of.
Problem?

Just kill it and wheel chock it.

Ain't no one gonna steal it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkEvil View Post
repo bigals turd gen and part it out to a loving home
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #1517
Featherburner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arm pit of the world... NJ
Posts: 2,666
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
Just wrap it with copious amounts of duct tape, or duck tape if you prefer.
I think he should go with this Duck tape and add some bling while he's at it! https://www.walmart.com/ip/Duck-Bran...3=2068&veh=sem
__________________
John
Featherburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #1518
deadtrend1
11 second club/ Moderator
 
deadtrend1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: West Berlin, NJ
Posts: 7,137
iTrader: (11)
Hes right, it wont start when its stuck in drive.
__________________
2001 Trans Am WS6 •SLP Loudmouth II •UMI Suspension •12.857 @ 109.57

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #1519
deadtrend1
11 second club/ Moderator
 
deadtrend1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: West Berlin, NJ
Posts: 7,137
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
I think he should go with this Duck tape and add some bling while he's at it! https://www.walmart.com/ip/Duck-Bran...3=2068&veh=sem
Im a big fan of the pink leopard print ...
__________________
2001 Trans Am WS6 •SLP Loudmouth II •UMI Suspension •12.857 @ 109.57

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #1520
Featherburner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arm pit of the world... NJ
Posts: 2,666
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtrend1 View Post
Im a big fan of the pink leopard print ...
BG suits you for a reason!
__________________
John
Featherburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #1521
V
Stalker
 
V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,902
iTrader: (11)
Tomorrow ill see if the cable is still on either of the two transmissions laying on the floor of my garage, both are f-body 4l60Es
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #1522
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator
 
Jersey Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Jersey = Best Jersey.
Posts: 4,434
iTrader: (12)
Social Networks:

Check with Adam/BLS
__________________

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #1523
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake
 
LS1ow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Meadowlands
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (15)
Social Networks:

New cable from gm has arrived.
__________________
-2018 Ram 1500
-1999 Chevy Camaro Z28
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:58 PM   #1524
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy
 
ar0ck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 10,958
iTrader: (2)
__________________
ar0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #1525
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips
 
PolarBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamilton, Mercer county
Posts: 4,043
iTrader: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Sponsor List
















All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.