Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #26
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Hey Bonzo! Remember you were talking about how stupid GM was for not offereing a Bumble Bee Package?
Well for $995, you now can get one!
Wrong color, wrong hood; fail.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:21 AM   #27
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Were shocked cause the economy isn't in the best of shapes, dealerships are closing down, and begging for customers to buy....yet they have the balls to try and **** up a car people have waited years to come out with by slapping on prices that make it more sensible to just go get a Corvette and be done with. This is how the GTO died IMO, it was a good car, but the dealerships jacked the price up on them.

I love the new Camaro, but with prices like this, it makes it hard for me to imagine why anyone would be buying them right now, especially first year cars.
The GTO didn't die, it was a planned lifespan. There was only going to be so many made, they were only going to make them for so long, get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:24 AM   #28
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
1000 dollars for Badges, Embroidery and CENTER CAPS!!! ZOMG
Look at the SS packages for the last few years, the suspension upgrades were minimal

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:21 AM   #29
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
The GTO didn't die, it was a planned lifespan. There was only going to be so many made, they were only going to make them for so long, get it?
Nah, I don't get it, If you want to believe that by reading Wiki, and listening to other people say that because they hump the leg of GM and believe anything they say, sure, but I highly doubt that Pontiac would spend a couple million on a car, then rebadge it as one of the greatest namesakes from Pontiac, only to offer it for three years, especially the way they adapted things like LS2, dual exhaust, restyled hood, so rapidly. To me that looks like Pontiac tried to appease the buyers to try and help sales, but it was no use because the price didnt help selling it.

It's called testing the consumers, if its a hit, they will continue to build it. They werent going to import tons of them over, just to have them sit in lots, especially since it got mixed reviews. The magazines raved about it, but the consumer was wishy washy about it. I've seen a few cars that were only supposed to be built for a period of time, or a certain amount built, but since there was a demand, they continued to build for a little longer until they finally said they really had to stop producing. I've also seen cars taht were supposed to be a mainstay car, but the public didnt buy and was cut early. If you think GM really was only going to produce for three years and close the doors, specially since they were looking to fill that affordable sports car slot the Firebird/ Camaro had, then I got some magic beans for you to buy as well.

What I believe they ment to say was the initial build was to be for three years at a rate of 18,000 units per year, and if it was deemed profitable ( they sold well) they would recontract to continue to build after 2006. Get it?

Like I said, I highly doubt they would look into putting R&D money into a right hand drive car that needed to be converted into let hand drive and to make it legal for the U.S., which is actually not as easy as it may seem, and use the GTO namesake, the definition of the begining of the Musclecar age, change the car rapidly after the first year including the engine, and bodywork, just to shut the doors after three years.

Quote:
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 07-23-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #30
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
Nah, I don't get it, If you want to believe that by reading Wiki, and listening to other people say that because they hump the leg of GM and believe anything they say, sure, but I highly doubt that Pontiac would spend a couple million on a car, then rebadge it as one of the greatest namesakes from Pontiac, only to offer it for three years, especially the way they adapted things like LS2, dual exhaust, restyled hood, so rapidly. To me that looks like Pontiac tried to appease the buyers to try and help sales, but it was no use because the price didnt help selling it.

It's called testing the consumers, if its a hit, they will continue to build it. They werent going to import tons of them over, just to have them sit in lots, especially since it got mixed reviews. The magazines raved about it, but the consumer was wishy washy about it. I've seen a few cars that were only supposed to be built for a period of time, or a certain amount built, but since there was a demand, they continued to build for a little longer until they finally said they really had to stop producing. I've also seen cars taht were supposed to be a mainstay car, but the public didnt buy and was cut early. If you think GM really was only going to produce for three years and close the doors, specially since they were looking to fill that affordable sports car slot the Firebird/ Camaro had, then I got some magic beans for you to buy as well.

What I believe they ment to say was the initial build was to be for three years at a rate of 18,000 units per year, and if it was deemed profitable ( they sold well) they would recontract to continue to build after 2006. Get it?

Like I said, I highly doubt they would look into putting R&D money into a right hand drive car that needed to be converted into let hand drive and to make it legal for the U.S., which is actually not as easy as it may seem, and use the GTO namesake, the definition of the begining of the Musclecar age, change the car rapidly after the first year including the engine, and bodywork, just to shut the doors after three years.
lol someone doesnt take NO for an answer. the cars production was ended in australia as well, if it ended there, how would it be imported here?...
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #31
firebirdcrazy
13 Second Club

I am waiting for the Convertible. I will be definately purchasing that. Hopefully I will know soon when I could put in my order. I wont have to bother with the mark ups either since I will be ordering factory direct.
http://www.fquick.com/firebirdcrazy
firebirdcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #32
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Whoa there big fella.
Humping the leg of GM has nothing to do with the fact that the VZ platform, the one that the GTO was built on, was dead after 2006.
Pontiac didnt spend a DIME on the car outside of the updated crash standards.
They announced it AT THE BEGNINING that the GTO would only be a 3 year run model, at an expected 15k units ayear.
The LS2, dual exhaust, and restyled hood was all carried over from the Holden Monaro. Holden updates thier cars very regularly to make sure they are #1.
If you want to get technical, the 2004 GTO is on VY. The 2005 and 2006 are on VZ.
The G8 is on an all new from the ground up RWD platform and shares very little with the older VZ platform.
There is no more Monaro, so there was no more GTO.
You are wrong, you have been informed, now keep your mouth shut.

Quote:
The GTO was never supposed to really fill in the shoes of the Firebird, but give Firebird and other Pontiac owners a change to own a higher class car, offering a world class sports coupe with a powerplant that is a staple of GM Performance,.
The Public was wishy-washy because it had 3 letters on it. And by public, I mean 50 year old cry babies and 20 year old dbags who think/thought the GTO was some sort of mythical beast when it was in fact the equivalent to a Grand Am with hood scoops.

Quote:

IT WAS ALREADY PAID FOR!!
****s sake man, read something! Holden makes probably more LHD cars then RHD, and they sure as hell dont go to America!! Middle East, Mainland Europe, and other parts of the world that have LHD and worship these cars.
You could not be any farther from the truth.

There were talks of bringing back the Monaro on the VE platform, giving the Commodore a coupe variant, but with the economic fall out, and GM already pouring money into another coupe version, add on to the fact that Pontiac was going to die (it was supposed to be phased out by 2014, but Chap11 forced thier hand), they decided to no move foward with the Monaro.

The doors were never shut. It was built along the same line as every other Monaro and Monaro variant that was sold globally.
The VZ platform was dead. Holden was bringing thier new chassis in. There was no plans for a coupe. In fact, the VY/VZ chassis wasnt designed to be a coupe either till they displayed a coupe concept in 97 I belive.

And to tie it all together, the VY chassis, the one that sits under the GTO, was supposed to be the base for the 2003 Camaro and Firebird, but because of low sales and low demand, not to mention "not designed here" mentality, they canned the car.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #33
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman88 View Post
lol someone doesnt take NO for an answer. the cars production was ended in australia as well, if it ended there, how would it be imported here?...
Quote:
really long post

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #34
Blacdout96

Congrats Al, you are one of the finest examples of GM Humpers I've ever seen

Quote:
Old 07-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #35
BigAls87Z28

I don't know how when I present facts that it makes me a gm leg humper. Sorry if I like to pay attention to the industry as a hobby and as a part time job almost.
Don't be upset that you were wrong.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #36
Blacdout96

Hey everyone makes mistakes in their lives, I never said I was perfect...thus why in my original post where this flung off to it had the initials IMO, which in case you haven't heard, stand for In My Opinion, cause that's what I choose to believe, whether I'm wrong or not, just like religion, that's a belief whether they are wrong or not.

I like to pay attention too, but to me, ******** flies everywhere now a day's in this industry, too much for me to want to keep up. I like my Camaro, but I'm not a die hard Chevy fan, or GM fan for that matter. I like cars most of you don't care about, and like the type of racing our cars aren't primarily set up for, So I guess that makes me a different person, makes me think outside the blue box you all are in.

Al In the last thread, I didn't mean the leg humping in a bad way, just nudging ya there cause I know the plethora of knowledge you know about GM would soon leak out about the GTO in defense to my opinion of why the GTO left. I still think even after your long post that there is more to the reason for the GTO's early demise then meets the eyes, but for the most part the evidence shows that everything was set in place, but just some things to me seem odd.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #37
BigAls87Z28

An opinion is fine but the facts you were talking about are wrong. I will say that had the GTO flew off lots like the camaro is doing, then the would have gotten more funding for the Coupe 60 project.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
Blacdout96

They arent facts, the only facts I used were the changing of parts from 04 tothe 05-06 style, other then that, I express my opinion, wrong or not, thats all, I just think it's a douche thing for Knipps to say "get it" at the end of his comment after my opinion the first time, and as you know, it makes me pissed, theres no need for a snippy dick comment like that.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #39
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Like you've never made "a snippy dick comment".

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 07-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #40
Blacdout96

I have anger problems, and my snippy dick comments arent as snippy dick as others, mine are quite watered down if anything.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #41
BigAls87Z28

The aren't even snippy dick comments at all really. Evil snippy dick comments.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #42
Blacdout96

Is snippy dick the new thing to say? sweet, my foul mouth is a fashion statement.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #43
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Hey everyone makes mistakes in their lives, I never said I was perfect...thus why in my original post where this flung off to it had the initials IMO

IMO is an acronym

/snippy dick comment

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #44
NastyEllEssWon

stole this from tech. thought it fit

NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #45
Blacdout96

Great, now the fidget just snippy dicked me, I have just hit rock bottom people.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2009, 06:33 AM   #46
CJDZ24_Z28

Well I live about 10 min from Kerbeck. They are idiots because about 10 more minutes down the street you can buy one from Bennett Chevrolet for sticker!! My girl brought a Cobalt from there 3 weeks agos and the 2 they had just gotten in sold within hours. The Salesman said that they don't keep the ones they get for more than a day while Kerbeck has had about 5 in the past month. What crackheads

Last edited by CJDZ24_Z28; 07-26-2009 at 06:34 AM.
CJDZ24_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 AM   #47
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28 View Post
Well I live about 10 min from Kerbeck. They are idiots because about 10 more minutes down the street you can buy one from Bennett Chevrolet for sticker!!
I'd say with their inventory stock and their revenue they're far from idiots. Do you think they'll care if that car sits for a few months? Do you think it'll put a financial burden on them if the car sits? Certainly not. That thing will sell to a buyer 5 states away who saw it on the internet and "just has to have it now" because there are none in their area. An out of state person will have no idea who Bennett Chevy is....that car will eventually sell close to their asking price. If it does, who is the idiot? Kerbeck or the person that bought it at that price?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #48
CJDZ24_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I'd say with their inventory stock and their revenue they're far from idiots. Do you think they'll care if that car sits for a few months? Do you think it'll put a financial burden on them if the car sits? Certainly not. That thing will sell to a buyer 5 states away who saw it on the internet and "just has to have it now" because there are none in their area. An out of state person will have no idea who Bennett Chevy is....that car will eventually sell close to their asking price. If it does, who is the idiot? Kerbeck or the person that bought it at that price?

True but even though Kerbeck sells Ferraris and exotics and stuff their general inventory is low. They barely have 15 Vettes on the lot. I'm sure in this ecomony even if they got a couple grand over sticker it would help. I don't see people flocking there like i did 2 summers ago. Not to mention they had to lay off some workers

Last edited by CJDZ24_Z28; 07-26-2009 at 08:58 AM.
CJDZ24_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #49
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Yes, at some point the carry costs of the vehicles matters to the dealer.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #50
Frosty

Quote:
Yes, at some point the carry costs of the vehicles matters to the dealer.
No doubt, but a dealership like that will have more time than others.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge