Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-08-2004, 01:18 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Sept Club Gathering Planning

hey gang,
i wanted to get started plannign our first "official" club get together. i was thinking a little trip to the track before it gets too cold woudl be a lot of fun. nothing too fancy, just get a few lanes and have fun runs and a bracket race. i woudl want to set it up so that if you lose in the brackets you can just go right into the fun run lanes.
i am going to give atco a call monday to see what it woudl take to get this done. i am looking at a mid to late september date.
i will edit this post with more date and fee information after i talk to the track. i woudl like to try to keep the gate fee for racing $25 or less and spectating around $10.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #2
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

just make sure its after i get my a/c pulled but im down either way
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:46 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

hey man, no promises on that. hehe
i will be talking with teh track tomorrow hopefully. as soon as i can get together with them i will get a date and we can get to work on this.

later
tim

Old 08-10-2004, 12:19 AM   #4
Malibu79

sweet that sounds cool hopefully we will get a good turn out to keep the cost's down and we can have some fun maybe justin will run his camaro if he ever get's it out of the driveway
Malibu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:43 PM   #5
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

well, atco and e-towns schedules are pretty packed up for the next 2 months on weekends. i left a message with island dragway about trying to get involved with a sunday test and tune day. they open t&t's all month, so i think this is our best shot for now.
hopefully i will hear a bit more from them tomorrow.

later
tim

Old 08-11-2004, 12:11 AM   #6
Malibu79

did you accually call and talk to anyone
another idea for later on meets would be getting a dyno that would be cool
Malibu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:01 PM   #7
twiztidz28

could always do a BBQ again. Lets just hope we dont get any killer bees this time.

Chuck

Someone help me fix the rattles in my car Please.
twiztidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #8
ShitOnWheels

Hell, I'd host a bbq. Plenty of lawn space for admiration of cars, and plenty of hot tub, pool table, and drinking space to go around
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:10 PM   #9
twiztidz28

pool table? im there even if there is no bbq. Could we get a little low stakes game going . what size table is it who made the table? But when we had the BBQ 2 years ago we had a great time. lets see if we can set something up.

Chuck

Old 08-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #10
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidz28
pool table? im there even if there is no bbq. Could we get a little low stakes game going . what size table is it who made the table? But when we had the BBQ 2 years ago we had a great time. lets see if we can set something up.
Yep, pool table. Dunno who made it. All I really know is that it's all slate surface under the felt. It needs to be refelted and the bumpers (whatever they're really called) need to be redone. Oh, and where it's at it's hard to hit a shot right against the sides...have to switch to the midget stick...but it's still fun to play anyways

I was originally going to hide who I was from those who know me, but I just about gave myself away in 3 posts...how the hell does that happen?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #11
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

if everyoen is down for the bbq idea we can do that too. what weekend is best for you ****OnWheels? also, where do you live?
easiest thing to do would prolly be everyone brings their own food. unless someone wants to support the whole clubs meals

later
tim

Old 08-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #12
ShitOnWheels

Since Tim obviously didn't catch on to who I was...I live by Fort Dix...about 8 miles past Great Adventure.

For those who know me by name, this is Genie. Like I said, I was gonna mess with people's heads and all, but screwed that idea up. Oh well.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:32 PM   #13
twiztidz28

well last time we had a big BBQ everyone bought their own food and it worked out good some people bought more which was cool to. could make for a good time.

Chuck

Old 08-12-2004, 03:50 PM   #14
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****OnWheels
Since Tim obviously didn't catch on to who I was...I live by Fort Dix...about 8 miles past Great Adventure.

For those who know me by name, this is Genie. Like I said, I was gonna mess with people's heads and all, but screwed that idea up. Oh well.
can mike wear sunscreen in your hot tub again? so i didn't expect you to register, blah to you

later
tim

Old 08-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #15
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
Quote:

can mike wear sunscreen in your hot tub again? so i didn't expect you to register, blah to you

later
tim
I know you didn't expect me to register, hence why I did and why I was gonna mess with people's heads. I figured you'd look at my profile and realize who it was...or even just by seeing Horse Country...oh well.

No, Mike CANNOT wear sunscreen in the hot tub. You know how long it's been since we've been able to get in that damn thing? I just finally got it cleared today, after about 8 drain and refills, numerous arguments with dad about how I don't know wtf I'm doing, numerous trips to pool and spa places with water samples, and a good $150 spent on chemicals and new filter. It started because of Mike.

Everyone will shower before entering hot tub. By the time this takes place, if it does, my dad should have installed an outside shower, kinda like the ones you see at beach houses and such. We'll see if he gets to that this year
Old 08-12-2004, 07:21 PM   #16
j0n

whenever we set up this bbq al WILL NOT BE WRITING DIRECTIONS DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:28 AM   #17
twiztidz28

yea al cant give or read directions. but we really need to have a big meet again and have a turnout like toms river in 02. where we had half of the parking lot full. I went down with at least 12 fbodies from saddlebrook met most of them on the parkway. it was a great time we need to do it again. if anyone needs help with anything im always full of ideas.

Chuck

Old 08-13-2004, 11:25 AM   #18
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidz28
yea al cant give or read directions. but we really need to have a big meet again and have a turnout like toms river in 02. where we had half of the parking lot full. I went down with at least 12 fbodies from saddlebrook met most of them on the parkway. it was a great time we need to do it again. if anyone needs help with anything im always full of ideas.
just an idea...if we get a big turnout what does everyone think of a 50/50 drawing...half 2 the winner and the other half towards the site?
Old 08-13-2004, 11:36 AM   #19
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
Hell, I'd host a bbq. Plenty of lawn space for admiration of cars, and plenty of hot tub, pool table, and drinking space to go around
i think that sounds like a good idea. might be cooler to get a BBQ goin in the last days of summer anyway.

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
PBodyGT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:39 AM   #20
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Not to mention, if we are poor, a BBQ might even be a cheaper option.

And of course, we could bring food for genie to be able to throw it.

however the racetrack is always enticing. but everyone loves a BBQ. We should do both.

99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:48 AM   #21
ShitOnWheels

Hell, I don't live all that far from atco. We make it a Sat lunch bbq, then head down at night to the track...or to the track first, then a dinner bbq...

better yet, we bring the bbq to the track
Old 08-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #22
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
Hell, I don't live all that far from atco. We make it a Sat lunch bbq, then head down at night to the track...or to the track first, then a dinner bbq...

better yet, we bring the bbq to the track
I say we get some of our truck buddies, like, Phil and Matt, and we'll have a tailgate party at the track.

Old 08-13-2004, 02:07 PM   #23
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n
just an idea...if we get a big turnout what does everyone think of a 50/50 drawing...half 2 the winner and the other half towards the site?
interesting idea and i would be willing to see who is interested in tryin it. we are still waiting for our incorporation stuff to go through and get us a TIN number so we can get a club bank account adn stuff. if you guys don't mind us holding the money or paying off some of the money that was fronted to get this going it is all good though.
i will include it once we have a better idea oif what the gathering is going to be. for now we can list it as a maybe.

later
tim

Old 08-13-2004, 03:33 PM   #24
twiztidz28

id be willing to donate some money to help the site. dont know how much was fronted but im willing to do my part. a 50/50 is a good idea to raise some money.

Chuck

Old 08-13-2004, 03:35 PM   #25
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n
interesting idea and i would be willing to see who is interested in tryin it. we are still waiting for our incorporation stuff to go through and get us a TIN number so we can get a club bank account adn stuff. if you guys don't mind us holding the money or paying off some of the money that was fronted to get this going it is all good though.
i will include it once we have a better idea oif what the gathering is going to be. for now we can list it as a maybe.

later
tim
im more than willing to take care of purchasing the tickets if this idea comes through

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge