Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-23-2004, 10:53 AM   #1
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Trouble on the way to Island 8/22

Well, I'm sure that some of you heard about the trouble that Will (crazy77C3) had on the way to Island yesterday. For those of you that haven't heard, lets just say that his car is no longer known as just Trinity. She is now Trinity: The Harley Hunter. I'll leave it to Will and Tim to tell the story, since they were there, but I grabbed some pics with the digi:

http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette1.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette2.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette3.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette4.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette5.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette6.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette7.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette8.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette9.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette10.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette11.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette12.jpg
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/vette13.jpg

Basically, the rubber marks on the front corner marker is from initial impact, and the windshield damage is from the handlebars. The rest of the damage is from a new Harley Softail bouncing down the side of a '77 Corvette

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #2
BigAls87Z28

****e! That sucks big time. Everyone car is getting wrecked...
Old 08-23-2004, 11:35 AM   #3
Little G
Lifetime Power Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
They say these things come in threes
Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827
Beater: 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Little G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:37 AM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little G
Quote:
Yup, first Matt's truck, then Bill's Z, and now Will's 'vette. No one else is allowed to wreck their cars now.

- Justin

Old 08-23-2004, 11:37 AM   #5
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Quote:
Quote:
im thinkin matt, bill, will....so its over...yes matt counts....i dont want it to be me
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #6
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

does my accident count for anything? haha

uh... maybe i shouldn't say that.

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
PBodyGT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #7
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBodyGT87
does my accident count for anything? haha

uh... maybe i shouldn't say that.
No, we're only counting the ones that end up at FM, where Matt is the head painter.

- Justin

Old 08-23-2004, 12:25 PM   #8
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Quote:
Quote:
im thinkin matt, bill, will....so its over...yes matt counts....i dont want it to be me
well from the way matt told the story it was stupidity(no offense matt) & i dont think he actually hit another car or anything...just the car rolled and nearly took the door off as well as crushed him beneith(sp?) it...so his doesnt count I dont think...dont worry though, craig said these things come in threes first so maybe his car would be next? lol JK knock on wood and all that hehe.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #9
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
well from the way matt told the story it was stupidity(no offense matt) & i dont think he actually hit another car or anything...just the car rolled and nearly took the door off as well as crushed him beneith(sp?) it...so his doesnt count I dont think...dont worry though, craig said these things come in threes first so maybe his car would be next? lol JK knock on wood and all that hehe.
Look who's talking about stupidity..... :P

- Justin

Old 08-23-2004, 12:38 PM   #10
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Quote:

- Justin
ouch, that really hurt justin i already feel bad enough...why dont ya just put bamboo shoots under my fingernails while your at it.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:42 PM   #11
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

- Justin
ouch, that really hurt justin i already feel bad enough...why dont ya just put bamboo shoots under my fingernails while your at it.
Aww....it's ok Bill, I've done plenty of stupid things behind the wheel of a car too. I've just been lucky enough ( ::knocks on desk:: ) to not wreck one too badly...

- Justin

Old 08-23-2004, 12:57 PM   #12
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

- Justin

Aww....it's ok Bill, I've done plenty of stupid things behind the wheel of a car too. I've just been lucky enough ( ::knocks on desk:: ) to not wreck one too badly...

- Justin
shhh...dont tell anyone but when i had my beretta i did the same thing as matt...i was like cleaning the inside of the car or something from the pass. side...somehow i mustve thrown the car into N and it started rolling backwards, door hit the extension on my house(no damage to the house thank god) but extensive damage to my door as it was turned inside out...think tommy boy
Old 08-23-2004, 02:41 PM   #13
89CamaroRS

Re: Trouble on the way to Island 8/22

Quote:
Well, I'm sure that some of you heard about the trouble that Will (crazy77C3) had on the way to Island yesterday. For those of you that haven't heard, lets just say that his car is no longer known as just Trinity. She is now Trinity: The Harley Hunter. I'll leave it to Will and Tim to tell the story, since they were there, but I grabbed some pics with the digi:

Basically, the rubber marks on the front corner marker is from initial impact, and the windshield damage is from the handlebars. The rest of the damage is from a new Harley Softail bouncing down the side of a '77 Corvette

- Justin

the story:

i was following kelly's saturn (drivin by tim) bout 40 yards back. we were coming down a hill around a left hand turn (where 625 crosses 31), there was a 6 or 8 bikers (mostly custom harleys) sittin at the stop sign at a side street 50 feet past 625 on the right. when i looked at them they were all staying put at the stop sign. as i passed them i looked forward again and as soon as i did that heard one of the bike's launch and bang, glass shower. i cut left as soon as he hit me to try to get away from the bike and for all i knew, the rider from gettin under my car. i corrected back before the car settled and the rear end stepped out a bit. by the time i recovered that i was prolly 80 yards down the road. tim and i ran back up the hill. the dude had picked himself up and out of the road. i told him i was an athletic trainer and looked at his knee for him cuz he was limpin around. he probably tore a medial meniscus and/or his MCL. other than that his nuckles were scrapped to the bone and he was rashed up pretty bad but otherwise ok. with the way he hit he was lucky as hell he didn't get dragged under my rear wheel. tim can fill in the holes about how the bike and the guy landed. i couldn't see ****. the best part is that this ****tard had a "helmet laws suck" sticker on his helmet right where the impact mark from the road was.

still gotta see about insurance and all that, but if they total it and dont give me enough to fix it properly i'll do a buy back, yank the whole drivetrain, possibly sell it to de tyler (malibu79) and goin for a WS6.
89CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #14
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

it was a very strange event to say teh least. i saw teh bikes when we went past and didn't really think anythign of it, beautiful day and country roads and all.
we were doing about 40-45ish(40 zone) cause i know that is an area that the cops are always sitting. after we pasted teh bikers i heard teh rev's come up hard and a launch adn a huge cracking thud kinda noise, it was so loud tht it was clear as day in our car about 40 yards in front of will.
as i looked up in the rear view will was collecting teh car and the rider bounced into the middle fo the street, i mean middle, like laying face down on the yellow line. bike bounced a few times adn landed on its side proly 15 yards down teh hill from where they made contact.
i got kelly's car stopped and bailed up the hill as fast as i could(which ain't much, but the others seemed impressed ). will and i immediately went over to the guy to make sure he was ok. will was up and running with me so i figured he was all right.
he was shakin up, but obviously nothign life threatening.
this all does suck, but we all noticed a lot fo lucky little breaks that prevented this being much worse. we were in a large break in traffic, the rider had time to get up and over to teh side of the road before any car went by in either direction, which is very unusual on rt31 in the middle of the day. also, we had originally planeed to have at least 5 more cars with us for the trip, had another vehicle been behind will things certainly could have been much worse.
freak thing, but everyone will be fine. cars/bikes are replaceable even if we don't like to think about it.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #15
jims69camaro

helmets suck:

eh, would i have been one of those cars behind you? i hate to even think about it... they say fate is mysterious (among other things).

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:57 PM   #16
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro

helmets suck:

eh, would i have been one of those cars behind you? i hate to even think about it... they say fate is mysterious (among other things).
funny, i was thinking of that whole"god protects idiots and drunks" train of thought someone was smart enough to make this idiot wear a helmet he didn't like and somehow there were no other cars coming.
god did a good job on that one i guess

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:59 AM   #17
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro
eh, would i have been one of those cars behind you? i hate to even think about it...
Yea, it's really scary to think like that. I'm almost glad now that I wasn't able to go. And I guess we're lucky that Matt (Evil90SS) couldn't take his truck. And Phil (dieselkickyourass4sure) couldn't take his truck either. Phil is also lucky, because 10 minutes before the wreck, he was sitting in the passenger seat of the vette. As you can see, he would have had a face full of glass.

:shakes head:

Just one of those things that makes you wonder.....

- Justin

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge