Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-25-2004, 02:27 AM   #1
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

one crazy 20 minutes!

I had to drive my friend home tonight from school. We head out on to RT 22(here in PA) and i decide to beat on the car a bit. Well, I guess the ol GTA doesn't like it when I go full throttle during a 90 degree turn and the back end swung WAY out. I am now facing the concrete divider in the highway, so I cut the wheel the other way. It catches and points me the other way towards a big ass curb, still not what I wanted to happen. Finally I get control over the car and hit the gas to get the hell out of there. Odd, my car got louder and kinda sounds like something is scraping. My buddy Dan looks behind us and tells me that sparks are all over the place. GREAT! I pull over and discover my muffler disconnected from the I pipe. Instead of putting it back on(mind you it is 2 in the morning and I'm on the shoulder of 22) I just yank it all the way off, throw it in my trunk and drive Dan home. As I am driving home, I go under a rail road underpass. It's kinda tunnel-like so I decide to find out how loud the GTA is without a muffler. So I goose it, I goose it HARD! As soon as the car quiets down a bit I look in my rearview mirror to discover a police officer following very close behind me . Luckily I wasn't speeding or anything, but the chief of police has talked to me before about my heavy right foot, so I figure I am pretty well screwed. The cop follows me for a little bit, I figure he is calling it in. Instead, he turns into a gas station and gets out and goes inside. I look over at him and it is the one cop in town that I am good friends with. Thank the lord!!!! Sorry this is so long, but I just couldn't believe how fast all this happened.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:28 AM   #2
BigAls87Z28

Double "whew"!
Guess its time for some exhaust eh? 8)
Old 08-25-2004, 07:12 AM   #3
Fastbird

Re: one crazy 20 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
I had to drive my friend home tonight from school. We head out on to RT 22(here in PA) and i decide to beat on the car a bit. Well, I guess the ol GTA doesn't like it when I go full throttle during a 90 degree turn and the back end swung WAY out. I am now facing the concrete divider in the highway, so I cut the wheel the other way. It catches and points me the other way towards a big ass curb, still not what I wanted to happen.
What did you think was going to happen if you stab the throttle to 100% in a 90* turn????

Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom Operator
Speed Density LT1 Forum -- 93 Service Manual DTC\'s and Diagnostic Charts
Fastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:14 AM   #4
Slow Z
11 Second Club

dont drive like an ass and you wont have to worry about that kinda stuff.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:35 AM   #5
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z
easier said than done
Old 08-25-2004, 11:42 AM   #6
Fastbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z
easier said than done
LMAO, good one.

Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom Operator
Speed Density LT1 Forum -- 93 Service Manual DTC\'s and Diagnostic Charts
Fastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:46 AM   #7
Ian

It's not like I stayed in the throtle during the turn, I just stabbed it in the middle really quick. My car, even though it's got limited slip, usually only spins one tire so I thought it was just gonna make some noise and some smoke. and giving it gas through the underpass was just curiosity as to how loud it was, but at the complete wrong moment.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge