Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-25-2004, 05:24 AM   #1
jims69camaro

drunk driver checkpoints

have you guys been through one of these recently? i have, several years ago, and got waved through (probably because of the car i was driving - very non-threatening, to say the least).

the other night, coming back from rt 37, i saw what i thought were a coupla cop cars and an ambulance at the entrance to my street from rt 9. there are a coupla ways to get to my house off of rt 9, and one of them is the street before what i thought was an accident. rather than try to go around them to get into my street, i decided to take the street at the light at the Foodtown. no sooner had i made the turn, there was the familiar red and blue flashing lights filling the interior of my car. he must've been sitting in the Foodtown parking lot and saw me turn off before the checkpoint... suspicious behavior as far as he was concerned.

so he gets my info and stuff, finds out i'm clean and hadn't been drinking, and asks me why i turned off before the checkpoint. i explained the whole "though it was an accident" thing to him. he let me go, obviously, without even a warning, seeing as my address is on my license he bought the bit about not wanting to go around them to get into my street. oh, yeah, and i don't see as well at night, so i guess i missed the big "DRUNK DRIVER CHECKPOINT" sign...

so, without having been through the checkpoint, i guess i went through it anyway - trying to avoid it.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:37 AM   #2
BigAls87Z28

They ALWAYS set up around the Asbury Park Circle aka my house just about every other saturday night, grabbing people coming out of Belmar. I also try to avoid it.
One time I went out for a cruse on rt.35, went all the way up to middletown, and back. All of sudden there are these road flares...then cops...then cop cars. Now I had just done about 100+ up 35 (late at night), and I thought that this was there attemt to arrest me?
So the cops point to this open parking lot, and there is a cop pointing at me, and waving me in...Im sweating bullets. Lower the window, and he asks he "have you been drinking?" questions. He asked me what I was doing so far away from home and all that. Told him I was just out for a drive. He let me go, told me I had a nice car. 8)
Old 08-25-2004, 08:24 AM   #3
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
They ALWAYS set up around the Asbury Park Circle aka my house just about every other saturday night, grabbing people coming out of Belmar. I also try to avoid it.
One time I went out for a cruse on rt.35, went all the way up to middletown, and back. All of sudden there are these road flares...then cops...then cop cars. Now I had just done about 100+ up 35 (late at night), and I thought that this was there attemt to arrest me?
So the cops point to this open parking lot, and there is a cop pointing at me, and waving me in...Im sweating bullets. Lower the window, and he asks he "have you been drinking?" questions. He asked me what I was doing so far away from home and all that. Told him I was just out for a drive. He let me go, told me I had a nice car. 8)
yea, that maxx sure has a lot of trunk space

Sold: 1998 Trans Am
SLP Lid, Magnaflow Catback, Stock Hurst w/ JSS, BMR APHR, Chrome ZR1's

Currently Driving: 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88
Parents bought it from my neighbor's father for $500
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:35 AM   #4
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I went through on of those last year, in my lumina, nothing suspicious at all, but a guy and his girlfriend driving around.

I avoided one on total accident too, went to a party, and took the highway home instead of the norma route, which had a stop.

I almost go tagged in a DMV Spot inspection once, I ovoid those like the pluage
Old 08-25-2004, 11:43 AM   #5
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
I was rolling around in my camaro once and I almost went through an inspection checkpoint . My car has a valid inspection, but I don't have any cats. I did have cats, but a week or so after inspection, I got a new exhaust and I never put any back on.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
I was rolling around in my camaro once and I almost went through an inspection checkpoint . My car has a valid inspection, but I don't have any cats. I did have cats, but a week or so after inspection, I got a new exhaust and I never put any back on.
every once in a while Pine Beach sets up on route 9 grabbing overdue and failed inspection stickers. i hate it, because it always slows traffic down. not to mention that the stickers on my cars aren't the least bit legal. oh, they pass the cursory glance... just don't look too hard at them.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:59 PM   #7
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Mine is a legit sticker, althought I didnt go to the state inspection, but by not having heat the moisture build up on my windows is causing the stupid sticker to peel away.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:51 PM   #8
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTransAm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
yea, that maxx sure has a lot of trunk space
it wasnt in the Maxx. :finger:

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge