Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
Z28 Heritage

1972 Monte carlo

Helping a friend sell this car so all info you need, you have to contact him directly. Central Florida

Up for sale is my 72' Monte Carlo, it has been in family for 9+ years. A complete body on restoration was completed in 2005. The engine and transmission have roughly 8K miles since being rebuilt. This is a well-optioned car that runs and drives great. It does have some cosmetic defects and blemishes, but shows extremely well. The car is priced accordingly, and I am being upfront about it so there are no surprises or expectations of a Barret Jackson quality car for only $10,500. I get multiple people honking, waving, and giving a thumbs up whenever I drive it.

Factory options include: sport steering wheel, full gauges with tachometer, power steering, power disc brakes, bucket seats with console, deluexe seat belts, air conditioning, rear defroster, and rally wheels.

The engine is a non matching number 70' 350 4 bolt main. It sports a .030" overbore and flat top pistons. The crank was turned .010:, and the factory rods resized and treated to new bolts. A mild Competition Cams camshaft was installed with matching lifters and valve springs. ( I have the cam card with the exact specs) The factory heads were rebuilt and given a three angle valve job. Fel-Pro gaskets were used throughout, a dual roller timing chain, high volume oil pump, etc. On top is the factory intake manifold and Quadrajet carburetor. The exhaust system consists of ceramic coated mid length Patriot headers and a 2.5" mandrel bent dual exhaust system. It was built to last and provide many miles of trouble free cruising. The transmission is a rebuilt TH350 with a mild shift kit and new torque converter. Out back is a factory 12 bolt rear with 2.73 gears, great for cruising on the open road. It runs just fine on regular 87 octane gasoline, and provides decent mileage. I haven't clocked it recently, but I regularly got 16-18 MPG with the car driving mostly city and rural roads. I have the car insured through Grundy for an appraised $12,000 value, it costs me $123 per year. (Yes, per year.) This is not a costly vehicle to own and operate.

I have always maintained this car and given it anything it needs. Recently, I decided to go over the car and replace anything that I felt was sub par - and upgrade a few things.

New/rebuilt parts as follows: (everything listed here has been installed/replaced in the past 3-4 months)
* Exact Detail power brake booster and master cylinder
* Carter mechanical fuel pump
* Fine Lines fuel pump to carburetor line
*Quanta fuel tank and sending unit
*Pertronix electronic ignition conversion, coil, and plug wires
*ACC carpet set
*PUI sail panels
*The original Quadrajet was gone though by Ken @ Everyday Performance - it is spot on and works flawlessly
*New bushings installed in the rear axle housing
* New front sway bar mount bushings
*New seals, and fluids in the rear axle

Please feel free to research the parts and brands listed, I didn't skimp on anything. I have put nothing but good quality parts on this car.

I had stored this car for a while due to my busy life and work schedule. Things have settled down and I am driving it often now. I do not NEED to sell the car. There is some wiggle room in the price, however - car flippers & dealers please take your low ball offers elsewhere. There are plenty of $4500 - $6000 beaters out there in your price range. This is a great running and driving car, and a heck of a value for the money. Feel free to shop around and do your research before contacting me, take a look at what it costs to restore and rebuild an older vehicle like this. Again, I will stress this isn't a panic sale. I am putting the car out there to see what happens. ***Not interested in trades, just cash.*** If offering up a trade, I value my car at $14,500 trade value. That said, I want to sell the car out right. The only trade that could possibly sway me is a 1969 Chevelle, 2 door hard top or 2 door post. Not looking to trade up. Even trade, or trade plus cash on your end.

For the right price, I am willing to include my collection of spare parts for this car. I have hung onto these items because I am not a fan of the fit & finish of most aftermarket and reproduction parts. I have a pair of nice fenders, doors, headlight and taillight housings, etc, etc. Everything is first gen Monte Carlo specific.

I can be reached between noon and 9pm most days on my cell @ 3 eight 6 seven four 8 five 2 nine 7 - if I do not answer, leave a message with your name & number.

Last edited by Z28 Heritage; 06-19-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles