Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-17-2005, 09:30 PM   #1
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Anybody want to buy a 7 second car?

because I am SOOOO FED UP WITH MINE!!!

Last week we found a crack in the frame, it was near the 4 link bars, so we pulled the trans out so it could be welded all around, (2 1/2 hrs to pull), got it welded up, put the trans back in (another 2 1/2 hrs).

I run yesterday, 1st round, it feels like the converters shot, car doesnt 'pop' into gear, it just kinda rolls into gear, so my trans guy thought the clutches mighta been shot from not having the shift linkage perfectly lined up. Pull it again. I follow the trans guy home to pick up one of his spare's because we had a big race today, and get a call that the clutches were fine, but it looks like the converters shot, so i borrow one of his converters too. Come to find out not only is the converter shot, so is the pump. So we put his trans and converter in, we're up doing this at the track til 3am, everything looks great.

I drive it around the pits this morning, feels good so i'm figuring i'll have no problems today. We go to top off the fluid, look underneath and theres a big puddle under it. ARGG!!! So now, either the brand new front seal on the guys brand new trans is shot from trying to put my converter in (before we knew it was bad) because there was a burr on it, OR the bellhousing didnt exactly seal with the trans so its dropping from there.

Either way, 5 hours of work, 2 hours of driving, and at least $1000 down the drain and i couldnt even run the damn thing to try and make up the cost! OOOOH somtimes i hate racing.

/rant

(sorry guys, just had to let it out)
Old 07-17-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

trade ya for my SEXY neon.... it also goes 7's (in the 60 ft)
Old 07-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

hmmm, might be an even trade....

me right now ~>
Old 07-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #4
jims69camaro

stop griping. you have the best job in the world. remind me to get your autograph, though, 'cause when you hit the big time i can say, "i knew her when her biggest problem was a faulty torque converter..."

chin up.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #5
Koll
14 Second Club

I, The King of Lowball, offer you $1500.
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:33 AM   #6
Batman
11 Second Club

If you want to play ya gotta pay, but still sorry to hear that. Hopefully next race goes better for you.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
badzracing

Join the club of the seemingly never ending problems. I assume you are running a glide? If you are, the front pump is fairly easy to replace ( except for the whole pulling out of the tranny). Anyhow, if you need any parts ( or a new tranny builder), let me know.
badzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:55 PM   #8
79CamaroDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by badzracing
Join the club of the seemingly never ending problems. I assume you are running a glide? If you are, the front pump is fairly easy to replace ( except for the whole pulling out of the tranny). Anyhow, if you need any parts ( or a new tranny builder), let me know.
Yeah, its a chrysler 440 running to a glide with a Ford 9" (hybrid anyone?), the front pump is like 400 bucks, the converter is a $1200 converter, i dunno how much it'll cost to overhaul. To be honest, its not the money that even bothers me. Money's money, its the time spent working on it. All of the work has been done outside, next to my trailer at the track, mostly in the afternoon. It's hot as hell out there! Ah well, the trans was pulled again today, this time I had 80% of it done before my dad (aka my mechanic ) was done with his work for the morning. It was hot and time consuming, but at least its outta the way for now. Just waiting on parts.......
Old 07-18-2005, 10:07 PM   #9
badzracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva
Quote:
Yeah, its a chrysler 440 running to a glide with a Ford 9" (hybrid anyone?), the front pump is like 400 bucks, the converter is a $1200 converter, i dunno how much it'll cost to overhaul. To be honest, its not the money that even bothers me. Money's money, its the time spent working on it. All of the work has been done outside, next to my trailer at the track, mostly in the afternoon. It's hot as hell out there! Ah well, the trans was pulled again today, this time I had 80% of it done before my dad (aka my mechanic ) was done with his work for the morning. It was hot and time consuming, but at least its outta the way for now. Just waiting on parts.......
I found your problem.....chevy trannies do not like to be fondled by chrysler crap......j/k
badzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:18 PM   #10
79CamaroDiva

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I found your problem.....chevy trannies do not like to be fondled by chrysler crap......j/k
haha, as much as i love my camaro, I'm quickly falling in love with mopar stuff, my camaro constantly has problems... its funny how the only thing that goes wrong on my chrysler powered car is the only GM part on it.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 AM   #11
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
haha, as much as i love my camaro, I'm quickly falling in love with mopar stuff, my camaro constantly has problems... its funny how the only thing that goes wrong on my chrysler powered car is the only GM part on it.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:43 AM   #12
79dizZy28

mopar b-bodies
79dizZy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:09 AM   #13
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

So.... MOPAR = COOL

NEON = SEXY

MOPAR = NEON

Therefore

MOPAR = SEXY = NEON = COOL!!!!

Nuff said! 8)
Old 07-19-2005, 08:25 AM   #14
SteveR
I <3 sheep

That sux, especially fixing stuff in this humidity. Hopefully it's an easy fix and you'll be back in business soon.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:18 PM   #15
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secondv6
So.... MOPAR = COOL

NEON = KOLL

KOLL = CRAP

MOPAR != NEON

Therefore

MOPAR = SEXY COOL

NEON = CRAP!!!!
i fixed it for you.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:25 PM   #16
Untamed

Higher Math + Heat Wave = Melted Brain.

I think its easier just remembering KOLL = CRAP
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge