Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2006 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 08-19-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Basic Ideas For '06

hey gang,
i wanted to get some feedback on a few things. we are not looking to make radical changes to the event, pretty much just tweak what we have going on and concentrate on sponsorship and promotion for the event.

General:
we are looking to hold the meet the same time of year next year. one thing we will definately do is make sure that we have a very clearly defined schedule as that seems to have been a point of confusion this year.

we also will do our best to get a chassis dyno into the meet since the feedback on that was so strong.

another suggestion that will be looked into is some sort of a mist tent/cooling off station for everyone
look for '06 event flyers to be available in january/february to allow more time for distribution/promotion as well.

Car Show:
car show classes will be seperated by gen again, and each gen will be split into Â*a camaro and a firebird catagory.

we woudl also like to expand the number of special awards to be given out. we have a good list going so far: best camaro, best firebird, best engine/engine compartment, best wheels, best paint, best interior, best in car entertainment, best conversion/engineering, and best chrome.

one big addition that we are looking to persue next year is teh addition of a "show and go" class. this will allow everyone to see everything that the really well rounded cars have to offer.

the expansion of the classes and the addition of more special awards is completely dependant upon sponsorship.

voting will once again be done by the spectators and participants of the event. there will also be a line on teh ballot added so that each person can vote for best of show specifically.

Drag Racing:
seems like the response and participation in teh 4 brakcet classes this year was about equal. they will likely remain unchanged. we are looking into the possibility of adding an additional bracket class for those running electronics.

heads up is a class that we are really looking to tweak a little. the existing class received good feedback and was rather well participated. one possibilty that we are looking at is to maybe add the "registered and insured" rule back into the existing heads up class and then offering a second heads up class that is restricted only by tire size and stock type suspension.

we will also persue sponsorship for some special awards for the racers. things like: best 60ft, best et, highest trap speed, closest to dial, best package, best wheel stand, and best/most glorious failure.

let me know what you guys think of these ideas. the sooner we get a solid plan in place the sooner we can start chasing sponsors, vendors, dynos, and everything else to make this a great show.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 08-19-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
j0n

there were too many drag classes to begin with...dont add any...same goes for the show classes...wayy too many...there was a bunch of awards that couldnt even be presented due to a lack of participation...i say cut down on classes if you must but do not add any
Old 08-19-2005, 03:16 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

there really isn't anything to cut. all teh drag classes had at least 4 cars sign up for them. the only show class that didn't have any cars in it was the 1st gens. we plan to fix that with better promotion.
also remember, this is all based on sponsorship. classes will only be added is we have prizes or specific sponsors for the class/special award.

later
tim

Old 08-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
j0n

there were 4 people in the street radial bracket's 2nd round...all the eliminations were over in less than an hour..cmon now
Old 08-19-2005, 03:21 PM   #5
j0n

also...there were people taking home 3 or more prizes in the show classes...obviously there were too many awards and not enough participation
Old 08-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #6
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

tim i def liek the idea of hte show and go class. i personally have a show/race car more or less and would enjoy that. i think the better advertisement/head start on things would be a bigger help. also i need flyers this year so i can start papering every freaking f body at car shows!!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:57 PM   #7
Squirrel
13 Second Club

how many people actually wanted to braket race opposed to just runnin their friends/enemies?
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Old 08-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #8
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

j0n, we plan to have a lot better attendance next year. the early start on promotion and sponsor hunting gives us a leg up to attracting a lot more cars for '06.
people taking home multiple awards just means that their car received votes in multiple catagories. that has little/nothing to do with the number of cars, just points to the extremely high quality of cars that participated in teh show to earn multiple awards.

later
tim

Old 08-19-2005, 06:07 PM   #9
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

I'll play nice, I'd like one rule changed, you know what it is. Thanks
Old 08-19-2005, 09:59 PM   #10
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secondv6
I'll play nice, I'd like one rule changed, you know what it is. Â*Thanks
The way your going, you probably wont even have the car!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:07 PM   #11
9secfirebird

allow an open test and tune, a radial bracket, a slick bracket, and if need be, add a drag radial bracket, however, id just put them with the regular radial tires. if ya dont have a set, better learn how to long on street tread, thats all. its a competition let em go.
but for sure have an open test and tune.
allow unmuffled cars, like i said before, its a competition. and its bracket racing, so i dont see why an unmuffled car with ET streets cant race an 02 ss with regular street tires on it anyway.
if ya want to, run a gamblers race after first round or second round eliminations.
then maybe with 2 extra lanes, run your grudge matches

oh yeah, and def better advertising, on all sorts of websites and papers, national dragster maybe....and dont make anymroe fliers like the ones that were made this year...not nearly enough info on em, didnt look all that appealing, and the use of screen names on the pictures of the cars in my opinion was kind of lame.

these are all just my opinions though, so nobody go gettin fired up round this hizzle
Old 08-19-2005, 10:09 PM   #12
j0n

i gotta agree with mike...keep the race classes to a minimum and advertise an unmuffled test and tune lane
Old 08-19-2005, 10:15 PM   #13
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

eliminating the seperation of classes by tire would lower participation. the vast majority of people on regular street radials will not bother to go into a bracket against cars on drag rubber.
having t'n't/grudge lanes will definately be a part of next years program.

later
tim

Old 08-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #14
9secfirebird

if people dont want to bracket race agains someone with another radial tire (drag radial) then they should go in the test and tune lanes, because that isnt a competition, a radial is a radial, weather it be an et street or a kumho.

oh yeah, possibly a cash payout if the numbers become big enough...or a donated prize or something for the winner of each bracket that way with a prize its still all in good fun.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:21 PM   #15
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

we will definately be working on prizes for all classes of racing.
the street radial class will remain in place. it is a fair place to allow people who have not spent the money on racing specific tires to compete on a fair and equal playing field.
test and tune/grudge lanes are intended for those who do not wish to compete, not those who don't have a fair chance to compete.

later
tim

Old 08-21-2005, 06:57 PM   #16
jaysz2893

i got a high quality show car, and got no awards.. LOL I think some better marketing will help alot. the show was structured well. The heat was Mother Natures problem, not any fault of tims. I hope to get some more cars fo you guys next year. Tim and I will be talking about roos promotion with area clubs. The only drawback for us DE and South guys is the ride. Oh and the 60 bucks in gas too... we need to get a Fuel sponsor.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #17
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I think the idea of a "registered and insured" but that may cause issues depending on where you come from. What is legal for a pre- emissions car vs. a new car or in PA isn't the same as in NJ!

Maybe some type of "street car" and "Race Car" heads-up classes could be done based on tires, electronics and mufflers?
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 05:44 AM   #18
Batman
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
. the vast majority of people on regular street radials will not bother to go into a bracket against cars on drag rubber.

I disagree with that, I think bracket racing is bracket racing, you race the clock not the other car. If you run your time it doesn't matter what tires you have. However I don't think that a 17 Second car should have JR barreling up behind him at 140+MPH while he is going 75,I think having that big a split is flat out dangerous for both drivers. if you are going to split brackets I say make an 11.99 and below and 12.00 and above bracket. That way you can keep the track safer and still have a longer set of eliminations.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Old 08-23-2005, 03:58 PM   #19
kazman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
. the vast majority of people on regular street radials will not bother to go into a bracket against cars on drag rubber.

I disagree with that, I think bracket racing is bracket racing, you race the clock not the other car. If you run your time it doesn't matter what tires you have. However I don't think that a 17 Second car should have JR barreling up behind him at 140+MPH while he is going 75,I think having that big a split is flat out dangerous for both drivers. if you are going to split brackets I say make an 11.99 and below and 12.00 and above bracket. Â*That way you can keep the track safer and still have a longer set of eliminations.
There a huge difference in racing on street tires, drag radials, and et streets. Its a huge advantage for me running QTP's going against a LS1 on street tires. Classes broken down by tire types are very fair. I agree that its very dangerous (especially for rookie racers) to go against much fast cars. But then the faster cars are in the slick tire or heads up class (no flames from all the very fast power adder LS1 that prowl the streets). I ran my 15 second ragtop in the last half of heavy last season against 9 and 10 second cars. They do fly past on the top end. You might want to make the street tire and drag radial classes limited to 12.0 and slower. 11.99 and faster must go into the slick tire class. I think that a pre race meeting should be manditory for new racers.

I would love to have an any tire 12.0 and slower class.

'07 Ford Mustang GT Alloy Metallic
4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:11 PM   #20
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

I woulda been branekt racing the v6 class if I had heard anouncements for starting

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:13 PM   #21
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah
I woulda been branekt racing the v6 class if I had heard anouncements for Â*starting
that si something we are gonna work on for next year. planning to write up a gate sheet with the basics of all the classes on one side and the time table for the day on the other. that should eliminate a lot of the miscommunications.

later
tim

Old 08-24-2005, 12:12 AM   #22
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

nice

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:30 PM   #23
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

how about a north vs central vs south grudge match with a points standing to see once and for all which part of the state really does own...

points can bet tallied up by each win against another part of the state equals 1 point and so forth.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:30 PM   #24
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

how about a north vs central vs south grudge match with a points standing to see once and for all which part of the state really does own...

points can bet tallied up by each win against another part of the state equals 1 point and so forth.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:02 PM   #25
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

that is an interesting idea. have to see if we can figure out a way to work it into the program. since the footbrake eliminations are pretty much random who you line up with it may make for an uneven number of match ups.
i will work on it and see if i can come up with anything.

later
tim

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2006 East Coast F-Body Nationals