Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 12-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

2007 Heads Up Classes

As with the bracket racing and car show classes we are keeping the heads up classes to a pretty simple and easy to follow rules set. We will be featuring three heads up racing categories this year. This should leave open space for everyone who is interested to participate.

Pure Street: This is intended to be an entry level heads up category for the true streeter.

General Specs: All cars must have current registration, inspection, and insurance along with functioning street running gear(headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horn, windshield wipers) and a "full interior"(factory appearing dash, two front automotive seats large enough to seat an adult, console if factory equipped, full interior plastics/trim, carpet, and headliner)
All cars in Pure Street will launch from a foot brake. No transbrakes or two steps allowed.
Racing will be on a .400 Pro-Tree and eliminations will be done on a ladder developed from your qualifying passes.
All vehicles must be GM F-Body based and pass an NHRA style safety and tech inspection.
Tires: Max Drag Radial: 275/50-XX
Max Slick/Cheater Slick: 26x9.5/XX
All tires must have size stamped clearly on sidewall to be legal
Any size of front tire acceptable
Suspension: Suspension is limited to bolt on type components that retain the function of the factory components.
Base Weights: All cars must weigh a minimum of 3400lbs
Engine: All engines are to be small block V8 based and no power adders allowed.
Drivetrain: Any factory style, automotive type transmission. No planetary, clutchless shift, or Lenco style transmissions accepted.

Hot Street: This class is intended for the car that is a bit further along in it's development, but may still be streetable.

General Specs: All racing will be from a .400 Pro-Tree and eliminations will be ladder style as determined by qualifying times. All vehicles must be GM F-Body based and pass an NHRA style safety and tech inspection.
Vehicles may have options and interior deleted or altered to help make weight. Street running equipment and street legal documentation not required. Ballast must be attached in a manner consistent with NHRA safety rules.
Tires: Maximum full slick as stamped on the side wall 10.5 (non-w), cheater/DOT slicks maximum of 11.5 as stamped on the sidewall. Any style or size of front tire is acceptable.
Suspension: Suspension is limited to bolt on type components that retain the function of the factory components.
Base Weights: Small block based engine must maintain a minimum weight of 3000lbs, any big block equipped vehicle must weigh at minimum of 3400lbs
Engine: Any platform or displacement is acceptable, engine platform will determine vehicle weight under the rules (see above).
Any single installation of any single type of power adder may be used(single turbo, single stage of nitrous, single supercharger).
Nitrous equipped limited to a single plate or single nozzle system with one solenoid for fuel and one solenoid for nitrous. No fogger or multistage systems will be accepted.
Turbo/Supercharged vehicles are limited to a single boost device and a single intake charge cooler.
Drivetrain: Any factory style, automotive type transmission. No planetary, clutchless shift, or Lenco style transmissions accepted. Transbrake and two-step launch devices are acceptable.

Outlaw:

General Specs: This class is intended for the machine that has been taken from teh street to an all out race car.
Racing will be on a .400 Pro-Tree and eliminations will be done on a ladder developed from your qualifying passes.
All vehicles must be GM F-Body based and pass an NHRA style safety and tech inspection.
Tires: Open, no limitations.
Suspension and Chassis No limitations on rear suspension style, back halved, ladder bar, 4-links all acceptable. Chassis will be limited to stock wheel base +/- 1inch. Vehicle must have started as a production street car, no full tube frame vehicles allowed.
Base weight: Minimum weight for all participants in Outlaw will be 2750lbs
Engine: Run-wutcha-brung
Drivetrain: Any factory style, automotive type transmission. No planetary, clutchless shift, or Lenco style transmissions accepted. Transbrake and two-step launch devices are acceptable.

Prizes: The winner of each heads up category will win a $250 cash prize plus a really cool trophy. We will add prizes for other finishers and expand the winners prize fund as sponsorship is added to the event.

These are the rules, we do not yet consider them final and absolute. Please give feedback for the next two weeks or so and we will make them official on Christmas weekend.
Anyone planning to build up their car over the winter, please retain the receipts from any parts or work that went into the car. We are working on a contingency program that may make your mods worth more money if you place towards the top in your competitive class.

Thanks, let's hear some feedback.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 12-11-2006, 04:14 AM   #2
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
As with the bracket racing and car show classes we are keeping the heads up classes to a pretty simple and easy to follow rules set. We will be featuring three heads up racing catagories this year. This should leave open space for everyone who is intrested to participate.

Pure Street: This is intended to be an entry level heads up catagory for the true streeter.

General Specs: All cars must have current registration, inspection, and insurance along with functioning street running gear(headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horn, windshield wipers) and a "full interior"(factory appearing dash, two front automotive seats large enough to seat an adult, console if factory equiped, full interior plastics/trim, carpet, and headliner)
All cars in Pure Street will launch from a foot brake. No transbrakes or two steps allowed.
Tires: Max Drag Radial: 275/50-XX
Max Slick/Cheater Slick: 26x9.5/XX
All tires must have size stamped clearly on sidewall to be legal
Any size of front tire acceptable
Base Weights: All cars must weigh a minimum of 3400lbs
Drivetrain: Any factory style, automotive type transmission. No planetary, clutchless shift, or Lenco style transmissions accepted.

Hot Street: This class is intended for the car that is a bit further along in it's development, but may still be streetable.

General Specs: All racing will be from a .400 Pro-Tree and eliminations will be ladder style as determined by qualifying times. All vehicles must be GM F-Body based and pass an NHRA style safety and tech inspection.
Vehicles may have options and interior deleted or altered to help make weight. Street runnign equipment and street legal documentation not required. Ballast must be attached in a manner consistant with NHRA safety rules.
Tires: Maximum full slick as stamped on the side wall 10.5 (non-w), cheater/DOT slicks maximum of 11.5 as stamped on the sidewall. Any style or size of front tire is acceptable.
Base Weights: Small block based engine must maintain a minimum weight of 3050lbs, any big block equiped vehicle must weigh at minimum of 3300lbs
Engine: Any platform or displacement is acceptable, engine platform will determine vehicle weight under the rules (see above).
Any single installation of any single type of power adder may be used(single turbo, single stage of nitrous, single supercharger).
Nitrous equiped limited to a single plate or single nozzle system with one solenoid for fuel and one solenoid for nitrous. No fogger or multistage systems will be accepted.
Turbo/Supercharged vehicles are limited to a single boost device and a single intake charge cooler.

Outlaw:

General Specs: This class is intended for the machine that has been taken from teh street to an all out race car.
Tires: Open, no limitations.
Suspension and Chassis No limitations on rear suspension style, back halved, ladder bar, 4-links all acceptable. Chassis will be limited to stock wheel base +/- 1inch. Vehicle must have started as a production street car, no full tube frame vehicles allowed.
Base weight: Minimum weight for all participants in Outlaw will be 2750lbs
Engine: Run-wutcha-brung

[b]Prizes:[/i] The winner of each heads up catagory will win a $250 cash prize plus a really cool trophy. We will add prizes for other finishers and expand the winners prize fund as sponsorship is added to the event.

These are the rules, we do not yet consider them final and absolute. Please give feedback for the next two weeks or so and we will make them official on christmas weekend.
Anyone planning to build up their car over the winter, please retain the receipts from any parts or work that went into the car. We are working on a contingency program that may make your mods worth more moeny if you place towards the top in your competitve class.

Thanks, let's hear some feedback.
...bracket it is

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
cdubbzz
11 Second Club

In regard to Pure Street, what kind of ET's do you think this class will bring?(upper half of the ladder)
Old 12-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

not really sure. looking around the web it seems most of the faster cars that fit the bill are in the 11's. who knows what weather they ran their numbers at though, the nats are a summer thing. so everyone will be a little slower.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
SPRYN4LOWETS
9 Second Club

im in for hot street! yeah baby!!!!!
Scott Shafiroff built 434 Motown block,Dart intake, Callies crank, JE pistons,Crower lifters, Comp cam solid roller, 12:1 comp AFR 227 heads, Lunati Pro Mod rods,1095 Race Demon,Stahl 2" stepped headers,PA tubular k-member and a-arms, ATI powerglide w/ati supercase,1.87 Straight cut gear set,ATI 5000 stall, moser 9" 4:11's w/spool 40 spline axles, Denny's DS
Old 12-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Hot Street: several people have brought it to my attention that the weight split between big and small blocks in hot street should prolly be a little wider(both big and small block owners have suggested this). what does everyone thing of bumping the big block weight to 3400lbs?

we are looking for suggestions still gang. next weekend we will be considering the rules as final. so if anyone has anything to say, now is the time

Old 12-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #7
vegaken
9 Second Club

I know this going to sound bad but I think maybe leave the big block weight where it is and lower the small block weight. It is just safer to have the cars lighter. But what ever the decision is I support it. I also think small block N/A cars need a weight break say 300lbs lighter than a regular small block with power adder, and give a big block maybe 150lbs lighter being N/A. Just a few ideas that's all.
Ken
Old 12-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #8
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i have been looking around at different rule spackages and talking to a lot of my racer friends about the weights in hot street.
the best balanced answer i can see for now is to make small block cars weigh in at 3000lbs and big block powered vehicles weigh in at 3400 with no breaks for running N/A against the power adder racers.
the reasoning behind not giving out weight breaks is that i cna not find any consistant formula or amount that is discounted for running on motor. some sources only drop 50lbs while i found others that allow dropping up to 300lbs from the other basse weights. without a clearly fair solution i think we are better off keeping it simple and sticking to only two base weights for the class this year.
i already have it written in my notes to research further for the 2008 nats, by then we will have a solution that is fair to everyone.
a huge thanks to everyone for the feedback and i hope to see you all out there for the east coast nats.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
vegaken
9 Second Club

Guess I better sharpen my knife for the gunfight. I should be there to support this deal. I better start practicing on the tree. No crying here just going to have to get better that's all. Never been to Island so that will be fun. How are the pits there, I hate working in the grass. Looking forward to having some fun already. Come on summer time get here.
Ken(where is my knife)Sensi
Old 12-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #10
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

pits are paved.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
TTPMatt
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

WHere is the NA heads up class no power adder? Booo !

- TTP Race Car Fabrication: Custom fabrication completed in-house. Taking orders for winter; Pro-Mod, Pro-Stock, Top Sportsman, Outlaw.
- Full custom alignments completed in-house
- Full Custom Exhaust Setups. All bending done in-house.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #12
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTPMatt View Post
The reading mod pwns you Matt.....see Pure Street.

Quote:
- Justin

Old 02-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #13
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTPMatt View Post
do i smell kerminator coming out to play? hehe

Old 02-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #14
MagicRatt

Are those weights with or without driver??
Old 02-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #15
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

all weights are with driver and according to what island dragways scales, you will be alowed to reweigh(back off, zero the scale, and pull back on) if there is a discrepency

Old 02-20-2007, 01:30 PM   #16
bubba428

well what about the v6 top end swap and cam and all the other goodies i'm putting on my car...and my headliner fell out...i didn't take it out...
Old 02-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #17
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

if you wanna enter heads up, go for it. i doubt you need to be warned how bad you will get stomped with an N/A V6 in any of the heads up classes

Old 03-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #18
TTPMatt

Tru2Chevy: No you guys pwned me with the rules... FOCKERS !!!

Quote:
General Specs: All cars must have current registration, inspection, and insurance
My trailer and truck will have current registration, inspection and insurance.. Does that count?

Kermi--- what who where.. What car?

- TTP Race Car Fabrication: Custom fabrication completed in-house. Taking orders for winter; Pro-Mod, Pro-Stock, Top Sportsman, Outlaw.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #19
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Toss some collectors plates on it and cough up the $300ish/year it will cost you to insure it.

Then you could enjoy it more than just on the track too

- Justin

Old 03-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #20
TTPMatt

Quote:
Toss some collectors plates on it and cough up the $300ish/year it will cost you to insure it.

Then you could enjoy it more than just on the track too

- Justin
Ain't that simple. I dont feel like swapping tires and playing with everything just to go on the street. No a/c or heat.

Come on guys let me run I will meet the ballast weight.

Also with the restrictions on the tires I will probably have to leave half throttle. 26x9.5 EEP

Last edited by TTPMatt; 03-02-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #21
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

do you have a shot available for it? hot street is an easy step up with a single stage.
we set the rules and promised everyone that we wouldn't change them. as things go well this year we will be working on more class expansions for next year. for now though, the rules have to stick.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #22
TTPMatt

Im not changing my car for one event. It's ok if the rules are set they are set. I won't be attending with my car then.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #23
nosfedgta

Hey I am thinking of making the trip up from GA to race in this event. I used to run at island all the time before I moved to ga.. I have a few questions though.

Why limit the hot street class to a plate only? and only one stage? A single turbo can create much more power than a single plate system and do it much easier. I mean lets face it on a plate you are limited on how much you can spray safely. After 250-300 shot on a plate the a/f gets pretty fugly on a wideband reading. With a turbo sky is the limit we all know this.

Also if their is no exception made on the nos rules how would people feel about a fogger that was on a car and disconnected at the noids? and the person only used a plate?

My next question is what kind of cars show up for outlaw? and what kind of times are they running? I just dont want to bring a knife to a gun fight thats all. My car has 2 stages a fogger and a plate, but its insured, has plates, and is street legal with 10.5 tires. I just dont want to run a crowd of big tired 4 link cars and get smoked all day

thanks

Drew
Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #24
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

the classes this year are new, so we are not sure what kinds of times each class will be running. i am sure the outlaw guys will be well into the single digits though.

as far as disconnecting the solenoids for the fogger, i think that would be fair. one thing we would do is allow anyone in the class to ask that your hood be opened before each round just to prove they are still off(you know how paranoid racers can be). as long as your car meets the rest of the Hot Street class rules i am ok with it.

the one plate = one turbo/blower thing is borrowed from other racing rules. it is a common theme in a lot of regional racing series to call a plate equal to a single boost item.
that is something that is already on the list to review after this years event so we can improve the rules for next year. we also expect to see a lot mroe bottle cars than blower cars, so i don't think it will be too muchfo an issue.
thanks for your interest in the event. talk it up with your buddies and get a convoy up here. it is gonna be a great time, looking forward to seeing you there.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #25
nosfedgta

one more question. I race at a bunch of local stock suspension 10.5 races and they have no prob with my susp because it is non adjustable. i run whats called the southside machine bar setup. you still use the panhard, factory location shocks, springs, and control arms. the only thing is that instead of a torque arm it has 2 bars from the rearend to a pivot bar. Their is no adjustment at all. once it is in, its in.. So far I have not met any resistance at any other tracks so are you guys ok with this?? its a long ride "17-18 hours" I just dont want to make the drive for nothing.

Thanks

Drew

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals