Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2009 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #26
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

OK, so the official ruling is that deep staging is allowed, but it is up to the drivers to allow the courtesy so that someone can get in deep if they want.

Thanks for the feedback everybody!!!

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 04-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #27
NastyEllEssWon

does my line lock disqualify me from the 12.0 bracket?
Old 04-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #28
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Nope, line lock is for burn outs, not a bracket racing aid. Perfectly acceptable.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 04-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #29
NastyEllEssWon

yay
Old 04-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #30
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I think you have to allow deep staging for a pro tree/index, that's a real part of the class.

because there is a good chance we will have racers new to this class, I have a question and a few suggestions:

Q) Is autostart going to be used? or should it? We need to know this from the track. Some tracks manually throw the switch when running index where allot of the racers go deep, other just use Autostart. Autostart may determine how you want to proceed with staging? We need to let the racers know if they need to get in quickly or if the starter is going to give them time?

Sug 1) Enforce gentalmen racing:

Both cars set prestage bulb before moving in, no quick staging. Often the rules is that if someone double bulbs and they don't back out, they GET backed out. And that is their ONE warning. Do it again it's a DQ.

If you know the other car is going deep then you can DB and activate autostart, you could end with drivers wondering why the tree dropped or they got red lighted before they were staged?

sug 2) If cars are going deep, they should write it on the cars. I know this goes again Div I rules, but we are probably going to have some less experienced racer.

My suggestions are because you don't want racers sitting on the convertor while the other car stages or getting timed out or caught between going deep when the tree drops. Knowing the other car is going in deep will let drivers know if they need to wait to go up on the covertor or to get in quick. We don't want cars puking their trans because they overheated waiting for the other car. This is why Div I did away with DEEP, because racers could use that to hold I guy on the trans, but for this event I think it could actually be an aid to the new racers in this class and type of staging.

My .02

JB
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 04-16-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #31
kazman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z View Post
I think you have to allow deep staging for a pro tree/index, that's a real part of the class.

because there is a good chance we will have racers new to this class, I have a question and a few suggestions:

Q) Is autostart going to be used? or should it? We need to know this from the track. Some tracks manually throw the switch when running index where allot of the racers go deep, other just use Autostart. Autostart may determine how you want to proceed with staging? We need to let the racers know if they need to get in quickly or if the starter is going to give them time?

Sug 1) Enforce gentalmen racing:

Both cars set prestage bulb before moving in, no quick staging. Often the rules is that if someone double bulbs and they don't back out, they GET backed out. And that is their ONE warning. Do it again it's a DQ.

If you know the other car is going deep then you can DB and activate autostart, you could end with drivers wondering why the tree dropped or they got red lighted before they were staged?

sug 2) If cars are going deep, they should write it on the cars. I know this goes again Div I rules, but we are probably going to have some less experienced racer.

My suggestions are because you don't want racers sitting on the convertor while the other car stages or getting timed out or caught between going deep when the tree drops. Knowing the other car is going in deep will let drivers know if they need to wait to go up on the covertor or to get in quick. We don't want cars puking their trans because they overheated waiting for the other car. This is why Div I did away with DEEP, because racers could use that to hold I guy on the trans, but for this event I think it could actually be an aid to the new racers in this class and type of staging.

My .02

JB
It might be a good idea to have a pre-race drivers meeting and explaing the staging and how the tree works. Explain auto start and explain exactly what is meant by gentlemen racing. New drivers will DB and don't know they did something wrong.

John, I deep stage and could retire if I got a dollar everytime I was quick treeed.

'07 Ford Mustang GT Alloy Metallic
4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #32
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

The pre-race driver's meeting does sound like a good idea. Should benefit everyone, new or experienced.

- Justin

Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #33
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazman View Post
It might be a good idea to have a pre-race drivers meeting and explaing the staging and how the tree works. Explain auto start and explain exactly what is meant by gentlemen racing. New drivers will DB and don't know they did something wrong.

John, I deep stage and could retire if I got a dollar everytime I was quick treeed.
I know, same thing if they flicker the bulb and they don't backed (or get backed ) all the way out you can get timed out. Which is why I'm suggesting writing DEEP on the cars, let the starter hold the tree.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #34
JSPERFORMANCE
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Social Networks:

I guess I will run the 10.0 index since there is no Heads Up class..

Last edited by JSPERFORMANCE; 07-21-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #35
mc73nova

Can I put an NJFBOA decal on my car so I can participate!
2015 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
Old 07-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
kazman

12.0 index question. Are you allowing a car with a transbrake to run if they remove the switch from the car? It's pretty easy to spot when I leave off the button.

4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #37
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
12.0 index question. Are you allowing a car with a transbrake to run if they remove the switch from the car? It's pretty easy to spot when I leave off the button.
i would guess yes. Justin's on vacation and Tim is mia again so it might take a little while to get a definite answer. but as someone planning on running the class, i wouldn't have a problem with it as long as its not used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 07-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #38
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
i would guess yes. Justin's on vacation and Tim is mia again so it might take a little while to get a definite answer. but as someone planning on running the class, i wouldn't have a problem with it as long as its not used.
Yes, having the t-brake installed in the car is fine, as long as the switch is removed.

- Justin

Old 07-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #39
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
Yes, having the t-brake installed in the car is fine, as long as the switch is removed.

- Justin

I've seen people hide the switch in the horn. I say make them remove the switch and the steering wheel!

Kazman, do you know who I mean? I'm sure Melissa does.

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 07-30-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #40
kazman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z View Post
I've seen people hide the switch in the horn. I say make them remove the switch and the steering wheel!

Kazman, do you know who I mean? I'm sure Melissa does.
A well know racer got caught 2-3 years ago at Cecil. I guess you will make me pull the shifter handle off. I have a button there too. Off topic but I have been getting funny looks with the Mustang. I'm sure if I had the car out more I would get searched for a box. I'm shallow staging and going off the second amber from idle. Stock converter takes forever to flash. I hit my spot on the tree and there a .500 delay from when the car moves. I'm ready to demonstrate this next Friday night. Sadely I don't think I'll have the Formula ready for the Sunday event.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #41
GOLDENZ

Any limits on rear susp.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #42
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENZ View Post
Any limits on rear susp.
Nope, not in the index classes.

- Justin

Old 08-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #43
GOLDENZ

thank you is there any qualifing or an all run field
Old 08-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #44
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

It'll be all run, qualifying for bye run if there is one.

Since I don't run index classes, some who do can chime in. Do you generally qualify based on r/t or based on who ran closest to the index?

Next, at Island we use auto start in all classes. It was on last night for fbody vs. mustang and there were no problems at all. Autostart takes away the ability to blame the starter for quick treeing or "holding" the tree too long. If you want to go deep, do it first.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #45
JSPERFORMANCE

Social Networks:

Closest to index without going under.. In an all run anyone who goes under goes to the back of the field.. Qualifing order dictates lane choice throughout the day..

Last edited by JSPERFORMANCE; 08-08-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #46
JSPERFORMANCE

Social Networks:

And black 88 IROCs with silver ground effects get free ride to finals..
Old 08-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #47
BonzoHansen
Admin.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 08-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #48
kazman

Quote:
... at Island we use auto start in all classes. It was on last night for fbody vs. mustang and there were no problems at all. Autostart takes away the ability to blame the starter for quick treeing or "holding" the tree too long. If you want to go deep, do it first.
I didn't even realize autostart was on Friday night. I guess I should of paid more attention.

Last edited by kazman; 08-10-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #49
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPERFORMANCE View Post
And black 88 IROCs with silver ground effects get free ride to finals..
"would you like this to be your final or a timeshot?"

Quote:
I didn't even realize autostart was on Friday night. I guess I should of paid more attention.
if it's set up properly there's no noticeable difference. Other than taking any possible blame from the starter. There's still a variable time in place so you can't predict the countdown
Old 08-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #50
kazman

Quote:
if it's set up properly there's no noticeable difference. Other than taking any possible blame from the starter. There's still a variable time in place so you can't predict the countdown
Big difference if your a deep stager. 3 bulbs on the shallow stager has 10 seconds to put the staged light on. 3 bulbs on the deep stager has 10 seconds to put the staged light on and then about 2 seconds to finish deep staging. I prefer to deep stage and don't have any issues with deep staging last and going out first even with autostart. The Mustang isn't fast enought to deep stage so I worked it out to go shallow.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2009 East Coast F-Body Nationals