Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2010 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Thanks.

Today was our 6th annual NJFBOA East Coast F-Body Nationals. In our opinion it was easily the best one ever. Moving to October was great. Moving to Saturday was terrific. Our sponsors were very supportive, thanks to them again. The crew at Island was top shelf, kudos to them again as well. All that is spectacular.

But the reason it went so well today was the people involved and we just wanted to take one more opportunity to thank everyone. Every person that helped us had one thing in common. When asked for help with something, the only answer we ever heard was 'Yes'.

Bill T (WildBillyT), Jen (bandit88): Jen and Bill helped man the front table for us, and that freed Justin and I up to do other event tasks. As things slowed down, Jen continued to man the 'front desk' on her own while Bill moved on to help elsewhere. Both were tireless and extremely helpful. Thanks

Nick (Anti_Rice_Guy): Nick helped with what ever we needed and was especially helpful in the early hours making sure we had the racers going the right way. And he even called ahead to Applebee's for a table for 28. Thanks.

Jeff (JL8Jeff), Chris (CHRIS67), Mark (Mark68): The car show crew. These guys got everybody parked and made sure everything was as it needed to be. They also made sure we collected all the car show participant info. That made preparing for the awards at the end that much easier, despite my butchering of some names. Justin & I had nearly zero direct involvement with the car show this year. Every time I walked through and asked if they needed anything or if there were any issues, all I got were smiles and 'nope, everything is great'. Thanks

Phil (//<86TA\\), James (PolarBear), and Rich (Rich189): These guys were generally our floaters for the day helping where needed. James ended up helping with racing all day. Phil & Rich pitched in with whatever we asked. And Rich had the night shift last night and was up for way too many hours straight. Thanks.

Joe (novajoec74) and Bill (BTK79): The media team . They took like 1000 pictures and video for us, which I will sort through and post once I get back from a work trip next week. Their work will be used to help the event grow as we solicit both sponsors and attendees/racers. Despite being a Nova owner we still like Joe. Thanks.

John B (Pampered-Z): John ran the racing side for us. Without John I really don't know how we'd pull off everything we did. I kid him all the time calling him slide rule (aka the old useless tool), but without question he had everything to do with making the racing better. From tweaking rules to simplify things (and we will tweak more to make it better), helping with event day planning, and bringing in buy backs and bogey which got the runner ups some prize $$ too, everything he did worked. Thanks x2.

Last, but in no way least....

To all the racers, car show folks and spectators that came out today: You guys came to our club's event, many not really knowing what to expect. Folks from Delaware, central PA and all over NJ came to Island on a cool, sunny fall day, and by all accounts every one had a great day. Because of all the previously mentioned help, I was able to walk around a bit and talk to people and get some feedback. Everyone I talked to was in great and moods were glad they came. That made the countless hours of work that it took to pull this off worth it. If you folks don't come, we fail. But you came and we succeeded. Thanks.

See you next year.

Scott & Justin.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 10-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Thanks again to everyone but especially you and Justin, everyone is still talking about how awesome it was.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 10-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Frosty

Thanks guys
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 10-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
JSPERFORMANCE
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Social Networks:

Thanks!!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #5
Kat
11 Second Club

Thanks!! Was a good day!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
btownws6

thanks was an awesome awesome day
Old 10-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

We had a great time too.....so glad that you all enjoyed yourselves.

- Justin

Old 10-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #8
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

It was so nice to have perfect weather for the car show and the racing! And no ricer's oiling down the track was another bonus! Thanks to everyone that came out for the show and the racing. There were a lot of great looking cars that came out and a bunch we haven't seen before. I can't wait to look through all the pictures from today's event.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:41 AM   #9
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

had a great time, well worth the money. couldnt have run it any better. saturday events are the best, it easier for me to get off of work.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
Old 10-24-2010, 05:45 AM   #10
bandit88
Power Member / Load Driver

Thanks to everyone who showed up, and thanks to Island Dragway for giving us a place to have it!
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

2011 Regal CXL TO2
Old 10-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #11
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Thanks for putting all of this together. The date change was also a really smart move. The weather was so much better than the blazing August heat. Def. had a great time (besides the trophies) and will be there next year.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Old 10-24-2010, 07:56 AM   #12
tjd24

Thanks Scott & Justin for all your work on this event and all the volunteers for a such great day. The date move to October was clearly the right call - the weather couldn't have been more perfect. We enjoyed the drag racing and car show as well as the door prize "entertainment".

Thanks to all who voted for my 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro 2LT RS (Car #20) - great to win a trophy !
2010 Camaro 2LT RS #03434 Born 4/15/09 - CAI, cat-back, Pfadt coil-overs/sway bars
American Camaro Association http://www.americancamaro.org
http://www.fquick.com/tjd24 http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/tjd24

Last edited by tjd24; 10-24-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
kazman

Thanks to everyone for putting on a great event. I know it takes a ton of work to make this happen. I can't remember the last time I saw so many f-bodies in the staging lanes. I didn't drive that well and rightlyfully so got sent on my way early in eliminations. Congrats to the winners. Despite my racing fubars I had a really great day. Thanks again especially to Pampered Z. For some unknown reason I keep handing that guy $$$ in the staging lanes.

'07 Ford Mustang GT Alloy Metallic
4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?
Old 10-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #14
Mark68

Thanks go out to Scott and Justin for all their hard work in making this years show the best yet. I think that everyone had a great time from all the responses I received parking the show cars. I really enjoyed myself and can't wait for next year! Thanks again guys..You're the best!!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #15
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Thanks to everyone who helped or showed up. I'm really impressed with how this event is growing in quantity and quality. I didn't get a chance to go through the car show, but the racing was GREAT!
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 10-25-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #16
jaysz2893

Us DE guys had a great time! was nice to meet back up with you guys. Much better weather than the last 2 times I came up. Turnout was great and the competition was stiff. I am glad to see NJFBOA is still going strong!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #17
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

couldn't have done a better job guys, thanks.

well except for trying to pin jsfboa on your applebee's bill thats not the hospitality we expect!
Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #18
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post

well except for trying to pin jsfboa on your applebee's bill thats not the hospitality we expect!
Yea, what pals. Waitresses were ftw ya'all

By far best year IMO so far at Nats! Can't wait for next year.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #19
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post

When your bill is $75+ short it sure seems like a whole table didn't pay...
Old 10-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #20
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Yea, what pals. Waitresses were ftw ya'all

By far best year IMO so far at Nats! Can't wait for next year.
That's how we roll out here. Why do you think I can get people to come to Applebees from all over? It ain't my pretty face!
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 10-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #21
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

thanks again to justin and scott. I have been at EVERY nats since the first one and I agree every year is better and better.

this year moving it to oct / a sat was an awesome decision.

granted i am a PA guy i definitely will be there for you guys in the future for support, etc.

Joe

Procharged/intercooled 406 Shafirorff with FAST XFI
Sponsors:
Boccellas Performance http://www.boccellasperformance.com/
Spohn suspension
http://www.spohn.net/
Old 10-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #22
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

Thanks to all the staff! This was the best Nats Ive been to, and an excellent turn out. I cant wait for next year!

A post show BBQ would be great for next year.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2010 East Coast F-Body Nationals