Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2005 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 05-08-2005, 12:10 AM   #26
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

because the rules are based on a "street" vehicle.
if we had more lanes/time it would be nice to make space for cars that are completely tinned inside. since time/space is an issue we decided to create a rules package that applied to teh greatest number of our members.
if we get a good turn out this year we can try to expand next years program.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 05-09-2005, 09:36 AM   #27
Clutch Master

ok so its the rules, but if we have carpet all around the inside i still see no need for the passenger seat.....its not a car show its a race. and what if people drive around without a passenger seat on the street.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:24 AM   #28
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

We understand how some people feel about the seat rule, but it was put in place to enforce the "street car" idea. We know that some people don't use a passenger seat on a daily basis, however the majority do. A street-legal passenger seat will be required to pass tech if you are racing in one of the classes at this event, although it does not have to match the driver's seat.

- Justin

Old 05-09-2005, 04:18 PM   #29
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Master
ok so its the rules, but if we have carpet all around the inside i still see no need for the passenger seat.....its not a car show its a race. and what if people drive around without a passenger seat on the street.
the "what if..." game only leads to the cars having tin interiors. that is why the line was drawn where it was.
since everyone is being required to run the passenger seat it is not to anyones advantage or disadvantage to have it in there.
as justin stated, it does not have to match teh drivers seat or even be an original f-body seat. it just has to be a full size seat capable of holding an adult. no kiddie/baby seats and no dragster chairs, just a normal car seat.

later
tim

Old 06-04-2005, 06:14 PM   #30
89 Trans Am WS6

Just read this post today, couldnt beleive I missed it, yet i cant say I understand it. Why do you have to run a pass seat? The rules setup seems to contradict each other..you dont need a center console or rear seats..as long as it has carpet..but you have to have a passanger seat. I think i know more guys that take out there seats and stuff before they do their console! Thats like saying you can gut your car and cover it in carpet, but you need a passanger seat because your car has to be a "street car". Tons of people drive their cars on the street with no pass seat..to my knowledge its not against the law in the state of nj...

Besides you told some guy from a few posts back that it didnt matter if they even trailered their car in and it didnt need to be registered...yeah thats a real street car..

I mean for the distance fact i can understand the trailer i suppose but not even registered? Really makes it seem like a street car there..lol.

Perhaps we should take a 5 gas analyzer to the tech line too?;x

No offence intended here guys but to me it seems kind of silly..

just my 02

joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
we decided to drop the registration thing cause there are so many people in teh same situation as you that would be caught on the other side of only that rule. trailering the car in is fine.

later
tim
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
Old 06-05-2005, 12:48 AM   #31
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

the registration rules were dropped because it would have prevented about half of teh guys who wanted to participate from even bothering to come out. basically it was a rules sacrifice made in teh name of car count.
the console thing is based on teh fact that first and second gen cars were available without a center console and it is not something that detracts from teh general concept of a "street" car racing class.

the passenger seat thing is also based on the "street" concept. although a lot fo street cars do not come with a console, they do come with two front seats. the whole "it's legal to not have a seat" and "i know a lot of guys" thing is not a basis for any argument. i know a lot of guys with back halved cars with full tin interiors that drive on the street, that does not make them comply to the "street" concept any more than warren johnson's pro stock car.

with any set of rules there have to be limits and sacrifices made to allow for a package that is fair to everyone. as future events are planned based on teh results of this year we will make every effort to expand or add classes to allow for even greater participation.

these rules were researched to death before they were put out for debate. the seat rule only met 2 or 3 protests, the single type of power adder rule met with 1 protest, and the registration rule met with about 20 protests. there was also some debate about teh tire rules and the allowing of back halved cars, DOT cheater slicks were allowed a 11.5inch section and back halved cars were disallowed as a result of the feedback i received.

later
tim

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2005 East Coast F-Body Nationals