Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Your 2008 ECN Review - The good, the bad & the ugly

Hey all.

Now that we are past our big event for the year, let’s hear your comments. What are your thoughts? Organization, venue, car show classes, race classes, whatever is on your mind. This way when we start planning 2009 (soon) we have additional thoughts & comments to consider and we can see what we can and cannot accommodate.

One thing I don’t want to change - the great bunch of people that came out this year and made the best of it all. The number of people that hung out despite the rain was tremendous. You are the people that make all the work involved worth it. Thanks-

I’ll start – I hate rain. We can’t fix that but maybe a rain date can be planned as well.

The bracket guys asked if we could kill the T&T guys and maybe do this after points season. I don’t know if we can do anything about it, but we will do the research.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 08-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Now this is nothing against the car show winners, they all had beautiful cars that deserved their awards but limiting previous year winners.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

I agree with pro90rs, there is no reason to change anything, I go to many larger events such as carlisle, super chevy, etc. I know for a fact there are cars that are receiving the same awards year after year and that is because of the quality of the car they own. 2 yrs in a row I have been beat out at Super Chevy by a $100g IROC camaro with a $12g leather white interior and you know what, that guy deserves it becuase of the quality, I dont cry about things like that, but then again that is on a points judged system.
Personally, if people are sick of losing to the same car, then dump cash into the cars, I have had my car 9 years and when I started I lost many times at shows/racing, that part of me not winning is what compelled me to build the nastiest/nicest thing that I could afford.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro90rscam View Post
Oh and another thing is not one person from the show field came up to Joe or I with any compliments to our camaros at all. It seems people are not happy that we bring our cars to show them off and compete. Why does everyone have to be hatin? We are there for a good time just like everyone else.
who's hating? just because people didn't come talk????? they weren't hating too much to vote for you for EVERYTHING. i don't agree with some of the votes, but that does not take away from the fact you have a nice car.

when i got out of my car after a run, i walked up to Melissa as she was finding out that they were gonna push up the judging because of the rain...so i had to run around looking at all the cars.....im sorry i couldn't stop by and hang from your balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 08-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Yeah, we're all just thinking out loud here! No one is hatin'!

I disagree as well...raise the bar, don't lower it! But I understand the thought process.

Last year we talked about limiting multiple winners. Such as Best of show can't win best camaro. But IMO that cheapens best camaro, no?

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 08-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #6
Mike
BadMod

we talked opposite.....

best camaro MUST also be the winner of one of the generations, then best of show MUST be either the best camaro or best firebird.......how can somthing be the best of show if its not the best of its class

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
BonzoHansen
Admin.

That too. Many conversations with many people.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

On that note Mike.....first and second in best of show (both 3rd gen camaros) were also first and second for best Camaro. But neither won or was runner up for best 3rd gen (another Camaro won that)....

- Justin

Old 08-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
Mike
BadMod

see......that makes no sense, the 2 cars deserve it, but......it makes no sense

Quote:

Last edited by Mike; 08-20-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
Pro90rscam
'08 East Coast Nats Best of Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
who's hating? just because people didn't come talk????? they weren't hating too much to vote for you for EVERYTHING. i don't agree with some of the votes, but that does not take away from the fact you have a nice car.

when i got out of my car after a run, i walked up to Melissa as she was finding out that they were gonna push up the judging because of the rain...so i had to run around looking at all the cars.....im sorry i couldn't stop by and hang from your balls
I guess not so much with the hatin' comment, and you are right about the voting as to where they must not have been hating to vote for my car. I am trying to say that it seems it would have been cool to have someone come up and talk. I just did'nt know what to think if other car owners thought that if you bring in a pretty nice car they think possibly that you are stuck up and in this case I am not. Just nice to chat with someone about the car I built, and thats what shows are about.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #11
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
I guess not so much with the hatin' comment, and you are right about the voting as to where they must not have been hating to vote for my car. I am trying to say that it seems it would have been cool to have someone come up and talk. I just did'nt know what to think if other car owners thought that if you bring in a pretty nice car they think possibly that you are stuck up and in this case I am not. Just nice to chat with someone about the car I built, and thats what shows are about.
hopefully next time we will have either sun or umbrellas, and get a chance to do that

Quote:
Old 08-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #12
Pro90rscam
'08 East Coast Nats Best of Show

Quote:
hopefully next time we will have either sun or umbrellas, and get a chance to do that

That sounds good. I will be there again next year "weather permitting" and stop on by and we'll chat. I just would like to talk with people from the club and show or race participants and have a good time. Sorry to stir up controversy, I am not about that.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I barely talked to anyone! Damn being put to work! I did get to talk to the guy next to me with the great 80Z. That is why you guys need to come to the monthly meets - hang out BS & bench race!

Mike, it makes sense this way: The voters themselves decided tht BOS and the other awards coud be split up. Good enough for me.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #14
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

So by that logic the same 2 cars are going to win everything year & year again? Who else will want to go if everyone knows the outcome?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #15
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

some suggestions:

1. possible dash plaques for the racers/show contestants to say the first 50 or so people
2. possible to arrange cars by generation (I know its mentioned every year and its kinda hard to do).
3. maybe a possible swap meet/flea market for used parts??
4. a show and go class that runs 3 passes at the strip and points from the car show
5. burnout contest?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #16
BonzoHansen
Admin.

1. Actually on our list!
2. We tried this year. 1g/2g went to the left of the pole, 3/4 to the right. W/O advance reg we just don't know who is coming.
3. Also on the list. Are you looking over my shoulder, lol.
4. Cool idea - esp if we can unload the T&T guys
5. Awesome!

Old 08-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #17
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
So by that logic the same 2 cars are going to win everything year & year again? Who else will want to go if everyone knows the outcome?
guess ill stay home next year???

Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #18
BonzoHansen
Admin.

No way! Everyone else needs to step it up!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #19
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroracer1992 View Post
guess ill stay home next year???

You need to get that beast on the track....let Don fight with the rest of the show guys

- Justin

Old 08-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #20
Mike
BadMod

i think it has been stated in the past that the track could get in trouble for a swap meet if they let us set up with out tax id's or somthing along those lines

Quote:
Old 08-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #21
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
i think it has been stated in the past that the track could get in trouble for a swap meet if they let us set up with out tax id's or somthing along those lines
I don't think I heard anything about that before. We were trying to get it together (last minute) for this past year actually, and they didn't mention it....

- Justin

Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #22
EchoMirage
13 Second Club

Quote:
youre upset because no one came to talk to you? did you sit by the car the entire day wearing a sign saying "this is my car, talk to me"? i showed my car, and i didnt sit next to it all day. i walked around, i WENT to people and talked to THEM instead of sitting and waiting for it to happen. if you saw someone checking out the car, why didnt you go up to them and initiate? its a CAR show, not a PEOPLE show. not to mention there were alot of cars to look at, and not alot of time to sit and bullshyt with the rain coming.

i also find it interesting that the two people saying nothing should change about the rules are the two people who won best of show. so by your logic, we should ALL blow 70k into our cars before next year or not bother showing up, hmm?

you should also realize that people in this club, who arent in the inner cirlce or have been to EVERY meet for the past 5yrs, dont know anyone by their face. they know them by their car or username. so just because someone recognizes your car, doesnt mean they can recognize you. i saw you get your trophy. i couldnt pick you out from a lineup today if i had to. ive seen 'blownTA's car several times....have no idea what he looks like. i can pick out 'transamkid's car any day of the week, but after meeting and talking to him twice, i still wouldnt recognize him. i had the only gold 78 Trans Am there, parked maybe 5-7 cars down from you two. i was also there last year, been to monthly meets and seen some members at cruise nights, bought/sold parts, etc. do you know who i am? would you recognize me from anywhere?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #23
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

From the tracks standpoint:

Show/Swap is possible, but commercial vendors need commercial insurance. Regular average joes can come and set up and sell their garage. I dont think we worry about tax ID's, your business is your business and if you're making money and want to be legal, use your SSN.

As far as getting rid of the t/t guys, can't happen. I believe we ran this event 2 years as a solo event, and each year was promised a turnout in the 300+ range and wasn't delivered. Test and tune is our bread and butter, so if we can't have one for the day, we have to make up for it somewhere, and that would be raising the f-body nats price. This year worked out well with having the classes a few dollars more than the gate fee, so the club could actually try to make some money to pay out its own classes.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #24
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

echo, i personally could care less who looks, or votes for my car or let alone who talks to me at those things, i am there to look at racing and other cars. i have won alot of awards 2 yrs in a row yes ill admit that, but its still a competition.

on a side note though, i see how your logic is with saying about how the rules of not changing things are more our perceptions since we win and i can totally appreciate that, but if you were to change the rules of a show then youre just as well off assigning a number to a car and pulling it out of a hat to pick a random winner.

Last edited by camaroracer1992; 08-20-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:32 PM   #25
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

well maybe making the awards set up so someone who wins one isn't necessarily entitled to another. more diversity in the awards rather than the basic best overall this and such. its more work but you might get some more happy faces. disclaimer: i have never been to a car show so i could be totally wrong!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals