Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-25-2005, 09:52 AM   #26
ryanfx
King of Free

Quote:
sound automotive on quakerbridge road in hamilton does good work and uses 3m tape with a lifetime warrenty

I called htem and they wanted 275 dollars for all three windows - sheesh!
ryanfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:23 AM   #27
V
Stalker

tri state in north haledon does awesome work, he does it out of his own house, he did my 95 STS years bakc and he did a bunch of my friends cars, all came out great, i'd only get my tints done there from now on. He even garuntees his work(at leats he did back then) there were no bubbles and no untinted strips to the edge of the glass, it looked stock.

the eye doctor thing will only work for so long, i had my eye doctor write on a perscription paper "please tint car windows due to photo sensitivity" it was with my 95 caddy and it got me out of at least 10 tickets but then one town gave me 2 in one week and told me to settle it in court and they didnt care, after that i said screw it and i pulled the fronts. That car was 5% all around.

With my SS i had 5% all around with a large black vinyl banner on the front, i got pulled over about 20 times for tints, got 1 ticket only, but those other 19 i talked my way out of it or my GF was with me with her family member pba card.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #28
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Re: Tinting my windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfx
I've decided on getting 5% all around and I need to find a reputable shop around Princeton.

I am by no means trying to save money (I want it done RIGHT). Anyone have any pleasurable experiences with shops around there??
Old 10-25-2005, 01:08 PM   #29
ryanfx
King of Free

Just a legal question for those of you getting multiple tickets.. shouldn't you be allowed 30 days to fix the problem before getting another ticket????
Old 10-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #30
V
Stalker

as far as i know, no. you have basically that day until midnight, after that they can issue another ticket for the same violation. its basically one ticket a day for an offense like that(considered unapproved equipment(lights, exhaust...), obstruction of veiw(tints...), etc.). Moving violations/parking violations obviously have no limit per day.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:32 PM   #31
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
or my GF was with me with her family member pba card.

how many times has that damn thing saved you, lol

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:36 PM   #32
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Spray paint the windows!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:29 PM   #33
ryanfx
King of Free

reading this thread is discouraging me... but luckily i'm stubborn
Old 10-25-2005, 04:16 PM   #34
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

A cop "next town over" like i stated above, handed my buddy a razor blade and told him to remove it right then and there......

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #35
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
or my GF was with me with her family member pba card.

how many times has that damn thing saved you, lol
haha you have no idea how those little things come in handy. damn Rutgers policeman who took mine...
Old 10-25-2005, 05:15 PM   #36
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtrend1
A cop "next town over" like i stated above, handed my buddy a razor blade and told him to remove it right then and there......
now if your buddy had been suicidal and used that razor to try and hurt himself, then that cop coulda been in deep ****..

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 10-25-2005, 06:20 PM   #37
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
now if your buddy had been suicidal and used that razor to try and hurt himself, then that cop coulda been in deep ****..
Ah, very very true

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #38
BlueFBird

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtrend1
lol who thinks of that...but u are correct
Old 10-25-2005, 07:42 PM   #39
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

I do

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 10-25-2005, 11:10 PM   #40
ryanfx
King of Free

omg if I cop ever does that i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "slipping" and knacking my hand

Old 10-25-2005, 11:13 PM   #41
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Carefull, I knew someone who pulled that and ended up spending the night at the local psych ward under watch...

The way I think about my tint, is that my car spends more time parked then it is driven, and they cant give you a ticket for being parked.

And as a good argument for it, it acts as extra security from people who may want something inside your car. Or if your not breaking the law while driving, you shouldnt have any reasons for cops to pull you over & Add it to any lists.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 PM   #42
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
The way I think about my tint, is that my car spends more time parked then it is driven, and they cant give you a ticket for being parked.
I know some cops who would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
Or if your not breaking the law while driving, you shouldnt have any reasons for cops to pull you over & Add it to any lists.
Again I know cops who would, and peopel who have been pulled over doing NOTHING wrong except for having tints and getting tickets for the tints. Plus in my experiance a loud camaro gives them reason enugh to be suspicious

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 10-26-2005, 12:02 AM   #43
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

i'm not a fan of cops who give out tickets for stuff like that. i think they are all bitter and have a severe power trip. my father brought up a good point about this. (disclaimer: i by no means support this, nor do i deny being 100% in agreement) america is the one of the very few countries that treats our law enforcement with respect and in high reguard. all other countries believe that the more educated (doctors, lawyers, rutgers students) are the ones to be treated with respect, not the person with a metal ornament on his/her chest.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:13 AM   #44
BlueFBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28
i'm not a fan of cops who give out tickets for stuff like that. i think they are all bitter and have a severe power trip. my father brought up a good point about this. (disclaimer: i by no means support this, nor do i deny being 100% in agreement) america is the one of the very few countries that treats our law enforcement with respect and in high reguard. all other countries believe that the more educated (doctors, lawyers, rutgers students) are the ones to be treated with respect, not the person with a metal ornament on his/her chest.
lol i could argue that but im tired of arguin the "cop threads" lol everyone has their opinion about law enforcing officers...so be it but laywers are crap... some lays i hate their the reson y this country is soo sue happy an everyone gets suied for the littlest things... my brother got rear ended by a "forgiener" well put it an to make a long story short a lawer came to him an tried to sure my brother for his so called mental anguish an it affected his relationship..which happned years ago..that makes me sick. There are not many jobs that carry the honer or intergrity like bein a law enforcing officer does. Not arguing that there are bad apples in every basket
Old 10-26-2005, 12:15 AM   #45
ryanfx
King of Free

*detects thread will have expontentially grown by morning this this new topic*
Old 10-26-2005, 12:35 AM   #46
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFBird
Quote:
lol i could argue that but im tired of arguin the "cop threads" lol everyone has their opinion about law enforcing officers...so be it but laywers are crap... some lays i hate their the reson y this country is soo sue happy an everyone gets suied for the littlest things... my brother got rear ended by a "forgiener" well put it an to make a long story short a lawer came to him an tried to sure my brother for his so called mental anguish an it affected his relationship..which happned years ago..that makes me sick. Â*There are not many jobs that carry the honer or intergrity like bein a law enforcing officer does. Not arguing that there are bad apples in every basket
true, i'm just bitter towards a certain cop who targetted me last week in NY. just had to vent a little. cop told me he was giving me for something i didn't do wrong. thats just immature. if you wanna be bitter towards a teenager in a fast car, do something a little less harsh. thats all.

ryan- do the tints. i never got hassled for it, just remember to roll your windows down if you see a potential problem. and go into this prepared to get a ticket or two. if you are willing to drive up to NY i will take you to a place that does excellent work. its about 100 miles from trenton. thats the only place i have experience with. it sounds ridiculous but if you cant find anywhere else then why the hell not?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 AM   #47
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
the more educated (..., rutgers students) are

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 10-26-2005, 12:42 AM   #48
Squirrel
13 Second Club

ry, youre uber leet detector picks up cops from 3 and half miles away, you can roll down your windows and say a couple prayers by the time they get near you
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:10 AM   #49
BlueFBird

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFBird
Quote:
lol i could argue that but im tired of arguin the "cop threads" lol everyone has their opinion about law enforcing officers...so be it but laywers are crap... some lays i hate their the reson y this country is soo sue happy an everyone gets suied for the littlest things... my brother got rear ended by a "forgiener" well put it an to make a long story short a lawer came to him an tried to sure my brother for his so called mental anguish an it affected his relationship..which happned years ago..that makes me sick. Â*There are not many jobs that carry the honer or intergrity like bein a law enforcing officer does. Not arguing that there are bad apples in every basket
true, i'm just bitter towards a certain cop who targetted me last week in NY. just had to vent a little. cop told me he was giving me for something i didn't do wrong. thats just immature. if you wanna be bitter towards a teenager in a fast car, do something a little less harsh. thats all.
ya i understand, like i said not every does the job right. Theres always gona be a few bad ones unfortinatly
Old 10-26-2005, 03:13 AM   #50
BlueFBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfx
*detects thread will have expontentially grown by morning this this new topic*
lol im sorry to kinda hijack ya....but if i were u id do the tint. my camaro is tinted i have yet to get pulled over for it...but a tint ticket is no point violation an i think its a 30-$40 ticket i believe someone correct me if im wrong.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge