Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
68pont455
10 Second Club

trans leak from breather tube?

i seem to have a small leak in my turbo 400 trans when is sits. it apears the oil is coming from the trans breather tube on top of the case. the tube has a drop of oil on the end. it does not blow out when running the car. it seems to leak a small puddle when it sits for a few weeks. no matter how small its still a leak that i have to address. anyone want to throw out some suggestions. i do have the correct amount of fluid in it according to the stick. first year i noticed it and nothing has been done to the trans other than new oil this year.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
johnjzjz

unfortunately the problem is in the volume of oil in the trans < your trans dip stick must be incorrect and you have to much oil in the trans - as far as the pump goes it does not have a converter drain back valve BUT the convertor drain return is into the rear of the middle gear set sooo maybe MAYBE a sealing ring is worn out but i would guess its overfull -- jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline