Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
Blacdout96

Weither they are a small team or not, when your a ****** team like the Kansas City Royals, you think people want to root for a team that can't win ****? Im sure they sell merchandise, but look world wide, just like Ferrari, The Yankees are the house hold name. You go to any country and ask about baseball, they instantly say Yankees ( ask me how I know) Worldwide they sell more merchandise then any other team.

As for the owners, thats a poor decision on the owners part too if they line their pockets with money, but I'm pretty sure the the Yankees owners aren't recieving less then what the Texas Rangers owners are. I'm sure the owners of the smaller teams also have a sense of not wanting to lose the team, and lose sponsers, and fans, who bring all the income for them, so I'm sure they try to get good players, but how many teams would say they would lay down half a billion on 1 player? It's hard to compete to aquire players in a market when there is no cap, no limitaion on how much to spend on a player. Other teams try to work with numbers to get the player, NYY say give him what he wants.

Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 08-25-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #27
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Weither they are a small team or not, when your a ****** team like the Kansas City Royals, you think people want to root for a team that can't win ****? Im sure they sell merchandise, but look world wide, just like Ferrari, The Yankees are the house hold name. You go to any country and ask about baseball, they instantly say Yankees ( ask me how I know) Worldwide they sell more merchandise then any other team.

As for the owners, thats a poor decision on the owners part too if they line their pockets with money, but I'm pretty sure the the Yankees owners aren't recieving less then what the Texas Rangers owners are. I'm sure the owners of the smaller teams also have a sense of not wanting to lose the team, and lose sponsers, and fans, who bring all the income for them, so I'm sure they try to get good players, but how many teams would say they would lay down half a billion on 1 player? It's hard to compete to aquire players in a market when there is no cap, no limitaion on how much to spend on a player. Other teams try to work with numbers to get the player, NYY say give him what he wants.

Just my opinion.

your right, but your also proving my point. a long time ago the yankees decided to spend a ****load on their players. and to get the best players. by doing that they started winning, and by winning they became the most popular team in the world, once that happened they started making a ton of profit.

they didnt just make more money than anyone else all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #28
CJDZ24_Z28

Baseball sucks but go White Sox!..
CJDZ24_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #29
Czop418

Went to the Game in NY on Monday hilarious game . Lee is going to be the next cy young in my opinion, amazing young pitcher. Chase's double error in the 1st was very entertaining too. But On the subject of Teams buying there Wins , who cares let them do what they want , its just better that teams like the phils with no name kids they take from farm teams turn out to be great all stars and beat the ***** out of guys like the yankees.
Czop418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #30
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czop418 View Post
Went to the Game in NY on Monday hilarious game . Lee is going to be the next cy young in my opinion, amazing young pitcher. Chase's double error in the 1st was very entertaining too. But On the subject of Teams buying there Wins , who cares let them do what they want , its just better that teams like the phils with no name kids they take from farm teams turn out to be great all stars and beat the ***** out of guys like the yankees.
he turns 31 next week... and if he is the "next" cy young it will be a repeat, he was the cy young winner in the al last year

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 AM   #31
Czop418

ohh geez i thought he was only like mid 20's. And i know he won the cya already im just saying his consistancy is amazing. I mean not trying to knock hamels with this comparison , hes a great pictcher but his consistancy isnt there i mean last year he did wonders but this year he's really in a slump. 7-8 with a ERA of like 4.7 somthing.

Last edited by Czop418; 08-26-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Czop418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #32
cdacda13

Quote:
Its almost a fact at this point: Going from the AL to the NL makes you a better player. A few examples from this year, John Smoltz(Was great the other day for the cards) , Cliff Lee, and Juilo Lugo.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #33
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
ohh geez i thought he was only like mid 20's. And i know he won the cya already im just saying his consistancy is amazing. I mean not trying to knock hamels with this comparison , hes a great pictcher but his consistancy isnt there i mean last year he did wonders but this year he's really in a slump. 7-8 with a ERA of like 4.7 somthing.
yeah they keep blaming hamels year on the innings he threw last year, now that they have 6 starting pitchers they need to skip hamels a few times and let him get some good rest in to see if they can fix him for the playoffs.

i think cliffs slow start and league change mid season will keep him from winning the award, pretty much the same thing that happened to cc last year when he went from Cleveland to Milwaukee

Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #34
Frosty

Lee won't win the Cy Young even though his start here in Philly has been nothing short of amazing.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #35
Bcozzi71

GO PHILLIES

METS SUCKKk
Old 08-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #36
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
GO PHILLIES

METS SUCKKk
Damn right...but Lidge better get his act together or a repeat is impossible.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 08-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #37
Bcozzi71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Damn right...but Lidge better get his act together or a repeat is impossible.
yeaa i wouldn't mind sending him down well there is some minor league season left. Would do him some good.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #38
Frosty

Back to the top....if it wasn't for a bullpen meltdown it would've been a 4 game sweep....Mets fans...should we put you on suicide watch?

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge