Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

RIP Doug Warren, President of the WMCC

I was saddened to hear Doug Warren, the president of the Western Michigan Camaro Club. He was known on many Camaro sites as WMCC Doug, passed away suddenly Wednesday night. I had spoken to him online numerous times and always found him to be an upbeat, helpful, and a just a real nice guy.

Here is the link to his '74 that he owned since new. He also had an 85 IROC a 96 SS and an 02 Hot Rod Edition Camaro all owned since new. And he worked for Chevrolet. A real Camaro guy. http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113430

Godspeed Doug. Good vibes out to all his family and friends ~~~~

WARREN - Doug Warren, aged 57, of Wyoming, passed away on Wednesday, December 22, 2010. He is preceded in death by, his mother, Joan; son, Daniel; grandparents, Mont and Ruby Warren. He will be greatly missed by his loving wife of 27 years, Anita; children, Derek, Teriana, and Tim; granddaughter, Breanna Boss; father and stepmother, Bud and Ethel; mother-in-law, Carol Baker; and many wonderful friends at the Camaro Club. He was employed by General Motors where he worked for thirty years. Funeral services for Doug will be held Monday at 1:00 p.m. at Berkley Hills Wesleyan Church (Grand Rapids), 1670 Ball Ave. with Pastor Kyle Brown officiating. Interment in Restlawn Memorial Park. Relatives and friends may meet the family at Matthysse-Kuiper-DeGraaf Funeral Home (Kentwood), 4646 Kalamazoo Ave. on Sunday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. The family requests that memorial contributions be made to the Ronald McDonald House. Condolences may be sent online at Condolences may be sent online at www.mkdfuneralhome.com.

So why did I post this here? Well, first Doug was a member of the Camaro community just like we are, so he's one of us. But really, if you find you have a few extra dollars on hand, consider making a donation in memory of Doug Warren. Maybe a little bit of good can come from such a sad thing. This is the web address for the Ronald McDonald House. RMH is a great organization that helps families of sick kids.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
maroman88
12 Second Club

wow that sucks... i looked thru the pics of that build of his 74 that his club did for him.. pretty sweet
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
12 Second Club

Hey Bonzo no need to explain why you posted here. In fact thanks for doing so. he's one of us. May he rest in peace and I'll pray for his family. I hope his passion lives on through his cars and the F-body community.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Never talked with him, but I do remember seeing his name pop up on a few different forums from time to time.

RIP Doug.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge