Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #51
BonzoHansen
Admin.

you lt1 guys cry about optisparks too much.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #52
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
I replaced 3 in 40k miles that I owned that car. All were "OEM"....

Edit* Scratch that, two were, one wasn't. The one that wasn't lived the longest.

Last edited by Tsar; 01-24-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #53
BonzoHansen
Admin.

obviously installer error, lol

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 01-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #54
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Non LT1 owners and or idiots who do own LT1s whine about them.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #55
Tsar
MIR

Obvisouly, 3 window motors were probably too!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #56
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Oh no, they suck.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #57
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
You mad?

Way to not address what I said, and just go blab around about something else. I can toss all of those things aside due to a "bad design" just like you tossed aside the optispark and window motor deal. After all they weren't "safety" enough for you.

Take a deep breath next time
You just like to bring up GM stuff so you think you get me upset.
You ar ethe one that is avoiding the issue of this thread, and that is that Toyota is not coming clean about the true problems.

I said yes, GM made mistakes. The saddle gas tanks were a problem in the trucks, no doubt.
What else is there to address? Optisparks? Not everyone's opti goes out, and not everyone has problems.
The fix on GM's part was the vented unit, and that seems to have fixed the majority of the problems.
As for the window motors, its more of a lack of quality issue then a saftey issue, or a recall issue. Quality problems plagued GM over the 80's and 90's, and thats a fact.
If you want to talk about major engine problems by GM, why not bring in the Spider injector systems of the Vortec 4.3 and 5.7?
You could seroiusly pull out the thousands and even millions of cars that should be recalled.
You just like to bring up the GM stuff because you drive a low-quality 90's GM vehicle. Sorry for you, but at least you arent going to go flying into a bus full of nuns, killing everyone with your bad window motor.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #58
BonzoHansen
Admin.

We replaced a lot of those spider setups in the trail blazers, lol

Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #59
BigAls87Z28

trailblazers? I think you mean s10 blazers.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #60
BonzoHansen
Admin.

whatever they were called, matters not

Old 01-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #61
BigAls87Z28

The new systems that GP Sorensen makes the spider into 6 or 8 injectors. Its a much better design then one injector and 6/8 tubes. Much better.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #62
BonzoHansen
Admin.

nice. at the time all we had was dealer parts.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #63
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
You just like to bring up GM stuff so you think you get me upset.
Sometimes, but not this time. This time I was just not happy that I shelled out all that money.

Quote:
You ar ethe one that is avoiding the issue of this thread, and that is that Toyota is not coming clean about the true problems.
I'll be the first one to admit, that I have no Idea what a TRUE problem is with the accelerator issue. I heard about it on TV, read some stuff on the internet, but no one that I know drives a toyota so I kind of don't really care, to be honest.

I saw tech's using zip ties in brand new Lexus's and I thought it was hilarious, and piss poor quality, at that. The zip ties didn't even match the interior. (white on black )

Quite frankly, I might dislike Toyota even more than you do, just not for the same reasons. I can't stand them for the fact that all their product is so... AVERAGE... buttery butter, so to speak. None of their cars are great, they are just "ehh". I can't stand mediocrity, therefor I can't stand Toyota.

Quote:
Optisparks? Not everyone's opti goes out, and not everyone has problems.
Hey, that's like saying that not every gas pedal gets stuck, and fatalities are not at 100%. Bad argument, imo.

Quote:
You just like to bring up the GM stuff because you drive a low-quality 90's GM vehicle. Sorry for you, but at least you arent going to go flying into a bus full of nuns, killing everyone with your bad window motor.
I used to drive it, I sold it for a pair of wheels Now I have a German car with a rattling sunroof... At least BMW is not being stingy about replacing the whole moon roof. I wonder if I brought my old car back to the dealer with a rattle, would they give me a new car? <--- That was a joke.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #64
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

This happened back in the summer of '09. I remember a thread on another forum of a family that died in a lexus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ippnz...layer_embedded

What's amusing is that I saw a commercial tonight during the NFC Championship game boasting Toyota reliability.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #65
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Off of the top of my head- wasn't the 2000 Cobra engine issue a recall that was not a safety issue?

Granted, most are safety related, but not all of them.
IIRC it was the 99 Cobra engine, it didnt make the power it claimed to, and i think thats the reason there were no 00 Cobras made, svt was to busy fixing the 99's
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #66
NastyEllEssWon

lol @ al getting all uppity over gm. big deal toyota screws up a few times in like 40 years....tsar's point is that Gm has been continuously and knowingly screwing over the American public FOR the last 40 years.

cant turn a whore into a housewife, which is why its hard for so many to believe that the ''new gm'' will do anything but what theyve done for so many years.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #67
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
lol @ al getting all uppity over gm. big deal toyota screws up a few times in like 40 years....tsar's point is that Gm has been continuously and knowingly screwing over the American public FOR the last 40 years.

cant turn a whore into a housewife, which is why its hard for so many to believe that the ''new gm'' will do anything but what theyve done for so many years.
Wow. Just wow. That's a hell of a claim.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #68
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
thats the problem here though... toyota has been around over 40 years... last i checked, accelerator pedals have been around that entire time... how is it, that you can randomly decide to redesign the wheel and **** up on your ENTIRE product line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #69
Frosty

What does GM have to do with any of this? I definitely see the comparison between window motors and gas pedals...definitely /sarcasm

The fact is Toyota, the self-proclaimed kings of reliability, has ****ed up ROYALLY and should be hammered for this. What GM, Ford, Nissan, Kia or any other company does or has done in the past is completely irrelevant.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #70
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
What does GM have to do with any of this? I definitely see the comparison between window motors and gas pedals...definitely /sarcasm

The fact is Toyota, the self-proclaimed kings of reliability, has ****ed up ROYALLY and should be hammered for this. What GM, Ford, Nissan, Kia or any other company does or has done in the past is completely irrelevant.
about as much as the gto has to do with "why the mustang succeeds" this is njfboa, you cant expect anyone here to stay on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #71
BigAls87Z28

Untill you look at quality scores. No one could belive 30 years ago that GM would make a mistake. Now that's all people think.
toyotas track record is not as squeeky clean as people think.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #72
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
about as much as the gto has to do with "why the mustang succeeds" this is njfboa, you cant expect anyone here to stay on topic...
Good point, lol
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #73
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i'm pretty sure people have died indirectly due to opti's
Old 01-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #74
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

<captain obvious>
People on here like to pick fights and start ****. It doesn't have to make sense.
</captain obvious>
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #75
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

I feel like you guys are starting with an incorrect notion that these car companies care about us. They care about profits. Of course a car company would rather cover something up then come clean about it. I don't think this accelerator nonsense is Toyota's fault or even because of it being unreliable. It is simply a lawyer saying, it will not be cheaper to admit fault. I find it difficult to believe any car maker acts with our interests in mind, and not profits. Even if they did, it probably is PR motivated.

And another thing, I am a car guy well before I am a GM fan or any other auto maker. I admit I am GM biased, but it will never be more than an influence on my car buying decision. I will always buy whatever car I feel is best for me for the money. Yeah, my next car probably won't be GM, but maybe it will. Who knows.

That's just my opinions and what I think of all this.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge