Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
S.J.SLEEPER

HeLp ! U.S. POST OFFICE Reeeeaalllyyyyy PISSIN me oFF

Okay,
I get certified mail to my house every couple weeks, most are checks, and almost evrytime they come to deliver them on monday or tuesday. My wife is always home on monday & tuesday butttttttttttttt......
My postal carrier is a lazy piece of s&*# and refuses to come to the door to have some one sign for the certified. he/she just writes on the lil pink card and chucks it in our mailbox.

Given this is a small thing to bitch about. But I have to take time out of my day from my Business and go to post office to track this F'n mail down. Sometimes its too early and its back on the carriers truck.... then guess what another F'n PINK "sorry we missed you" CARD

So the check I should have recieved on monday, usually don't get it in my hands til tuesday or wednesday.

what are my next steps?I have complained to the post office numerous times and nothing has changed.

1. where do I file an official complaint
2. do I leave a "love" note in mailbox for carrier
3. do I set fire to my local post office

To top it all off, they have lost numerous amounts of packages and letters that I was supposed to recieve in the past.

I am about to Lose it on these retards!!!
South Jersey Racecraft

Last edited by S.J.SLEEPER; 12-06-2010 at 05:58 PM.
S.J.SLEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

find you mail carrier and go postal on their ass!
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
BigRocsFirebird

rig your mailbox with some sort of thing to shoot paint out or something. maybe a crazy wild rabies infested animal with huge claws to jump in his truck when he opens the mailbox.

1988 Mustang - supercharged, heads/cam etc...

2012 Mustang - 5.0 6spd / 437rwhp 420trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Verts are gay and stalkers ride in them.
BigRocsFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Whiplash Performance

I got the same crap happen to me with Fedex, the fedex terminal is about 30 miles away from here. I was waiting on an important package to get my car running for the bracket race one weekend, so I took Friday off work to wait for this package. Never rang the bell but there was a damn slip on my door.

I had a problem with my carrier though my business closed up, because I left some mail in my mailbox for a few weeks. So they returned everything to sender. I went to the branch and talked to the manager and it got all straightened out.
www.intensewhiplash.com
Whiplash Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
wretched73

Maybe see how much a PO box is? You'd still have to go to the post office but at least it would be there when you got there
1988 TRX 250R- Ported w/ high compression on 110 octane- Out 60' your LT1

Jersey Shore Street Car Takeover (JSSCT) Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
and once i get PHB, what do i ajust it too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Seven.
wretched73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Throw LS1 parts at him, they are useless anyway.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J.SLEEPER View Post
Okay,
I get certified mail to my house every couple weeks, most are checks, and almost evrytime they come to deliver them on monday or tuesday. My wife is always home on monday & tuesday butttttttttttttt......
My postal carrier is a lazy piece of s&*# and refuses to come to the door to have some one sign for the certified. he/she just writes on the lil pink card and chucks it in our mailbox.

Given this is a small thing to bitch about. But I have to take time out of my day from my Business and go to post office to track this F'n mail down. Sometimes its too early and its back on the carriers truck.... then guess what another F'n PINK "sorry we missed you" CARD

So the check I should have recieved on monday, usually don't get it in my hands til tuesday or wednesday.

what are my next steps?I have complained to the post office numerous times and nothing has changed.

1. where do I file an official complaint
2. do I leave a "love" note in mailbox for carrier
3. do I set fire to my local post office

To top it all off, they have lost numerous amounts of packages and letters that I was supposed to recieve in the past.

I am about to Lose it on these retards!!!
Talk to your postmaster. I did that because my mail carrier would "miss" the mail that's in our mailbox on a regular basis. I felt like **** blowing up his spot, but I'd mentioned it to him before and even went out of my way to make it obvious. Apparently my neighbors were not as cool-headed as I, and now I have a new carrier.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
S.J.SLEEPER

went down to post office, complained, our generously paid and underworked postal employees told me it wasn't there problem, call this # and speak to the postmaster.

I asked if postmaster was in, they said yes but we can't disturb her right now. You'll have to call.

Called, left message, 2 days still no return call.

the U.S. Post Office can SUCK MY BLANKIN BLANK!!!
South Jersey Racecraft
Old 12-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
S.J.SLEEPER

Did I mention that my mailbox is on the other side of the road?
I or my wife have to cross the street to get our mail while everyone one elses is on their yard.

$12,200 in taxes a year in this town and this is just one of the ******** things I have to deal with !!!
South Jersey Racecraft
Old 12-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
S.J.SLEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Throw Lt1 & Saturn parts at him, they are useless anyway.
fixed it for ya numbnuts !!!
South Jersey Racecraft
Old 12-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #11
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
I or my wife have to cross the street to get our mail while everyone one elses is on their yard.

$12,200 in taxes a year in this town and this is just one of the ******** things I have to deal with !!!
BS for sure, man. I'd still try to hit up the postmaster.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #12
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

I would call the postmaster and leave messages every 48 hours. Eventually he/she will realize that you aren't going to go away and they will have to let you speak your piece. Be respectful when you call, but make sure that the message conveys that you have a serious issue with how your mail is being handled.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #13
91chevywt

Quote:
Welcome to New Jersey!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
my mail carrier would "miss" the mail that's in our mailbox on a regular basis.
I have this problem all the time. I have never had my mail taken out of my mailbox if there isn't a corner hanging out. I have even left the same non-time-sensitive piece of mail there for 4-5 days in a row. I just leave part of it hanging out, or put it in my mom's mailbox when dropping my kids off there during the day.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #15
Blacdout96

Quote:
went down to post office, complained, our generously paid and underworked postal employees told me it wasn't there problem, call this # and speak to the postmaster.

I asked if postmaster was in, they said yes but we can't disturb her right now. You'll have to call.

Called, left message, 2 days still no return call.

the U.S. Post Office can SUCK MY BLANKIN BLANK!!!
First off, Not all postal workers are lazy, my mother works in the postal system, and it's not a cushy job by any means. She busts her ass everyday to stay open since post offices are competative, and she fights for her office to be open everyday since it's part of the township. They continually try to shut things down/layoff workers to save money and attempted a few times before, but the public protested on both occasions and so far has stayed open.

Secondly, speak with the postmaster like WBT said. If they are in, they can be disturbed, that is their job. You are the public, you are what they make a profit from. Though it is government backed, they are open not to be a convenience, but to make a profit for the government, and has especially been hurting since Email is a more popular and faster way to send messeges, so now they are basically running off of package shipment ( or letters and bills for poor people with no internet lol.) So I'm sure the post master will be more then willing to assist you so they don't lose your business.

Quote:
That driver is being lazy, let the post master know personally, she will address this. Can you move your mailbox to your side of the road, or does your curb prevent that from being moved? You can also leave a note in/on the mailbox letting them know they have to come to the door and knock, that you have contacted their post master, and if continuing, you will file further complaints. if the note doesnt help, telling the post master will light a fire under their ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 12-07-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
jts98z28

wait at your mail box for the driver and deliver a nice roundhouse to the face, thats the best solution imo
jts98z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #17
usp55

I read only the first post and can assume there are some unfavorable thoughts about the postoffice in the rest. Hell im not even a fan and both my parents are postmaster in New Jersey.

Some workers are a waste of life and some are the hardest working people you'll find - go to your office and ask to speak to the postmaster, they are people just like you and I and if you give them your addy chances are they will know exactly who is working you street.

Its nothing more than a 5min conversation with that carrier to fix the problem.

Id go as far as to have on of my parents call you postmaster if you cant solve the problem yourself. I would only need your addy. The post office takes those checkes very seriously. Also your the customer - you getting that mail means they have a job and in todays world of Fedex/UPS/DHL's the postoffice needs every customer it can get. My parents sit just a few feet from the front counter and go out of there way to make a customer happy everyday.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #18
maroman88
12 Second Club

my mailman rocks.... hes got an 08 Viper SRT-10 blue with white stripes and i always run into him at car shows... apparently his wife has a really good job
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #19
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

I don't get it either. My mailman will pull into the driveway and hand us the mail if he sees me out there. Even non-certified stuff he will ring the doorbell for if it is fragile. Most of the boxes is car parts for me, so he always makes a comment about how my Camaro is the product of his labor. He's actually a really funny guy.

Curt- instead of leaving him a "love" note, maybe try throwing him a gift for the holidays and see if he/she changes their ways. Sometimes ya just gotta play the game, ya know?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts98z28 View Post
wait at your mail box for the driver and deliver a nice roundhouse to the face, thats the best solution imo
I can only imagine the scene from "Funny Farm", when Chevy Chase was going to hit the mailman's truck with the rock!

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #21
S.J.SLEEPER

To all the posts above:
1. I know all post office people aren't lazy
2. my uncle in virginia works for the post office ( i know his crappy hours and yada yada)
3. my comment of underworked,generously paid meaning get every friggin holiday off closed for this day and that day and furlow day on this day blah blah blah
(I also know of some postmasters that aren't even @ p.o. they are out playin golf during the day and drinking @ the bar)FACT
4. I plan to go visit the postmaster 1st. thing in the morning. I have another certified which I have to play musical mailbox to go get (this cert. mail contains a $7500 check !!!)
5. Can't move my mailbox, they refuse to circle back to give me my mail on my side!!!

LOng story Short:
year 2005:
Built my house
installed mailbox on my property
Post Office refused to deliver my mail until I moved box on to other side of street
Went to P.O. to pick up Mail, Refused to give me my mail, Said I would have to pay a NON-Corrieur FEE of $600.00/yr. to pick my mail up @ P.O. After a month of disputing and no mail I gave in and moved my mailbox

GUYS UNDERSTAND WHY I AM SO F'N PISSED @ this point????????
South Jersey Racecraft
Old 12-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #22
V
Stalker

can you get a mailbox at a place like UPS store? they are about 90 a year and can sign for stuff and accept packages etc, also they have a physical address so no issues with people not sending to a P.O Box.

i looked into this because mail here on base is a joke, i dont even give out my address up here cuz id never get anything.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #23
r0nin89

Quote:
To all the posts above:
1. I know all post office people aren't lazy
2. my uncle in virginia works for the post office ( i know his crappy hours and yada yada)
3. my comment of underworked,generously paid meaning get every friggin holiday off closed for this day and that day and furlow day on this day blah blah blah
(I also know of some postmasters that aren't even @ p.o. they are out playin golf during the day and drinking @ the bar)FACT
4. I plan to go visit the postmaster 1st. thing in the morning. I have another certified which I have to play musical mailbox to go get (this cert. mail contains a $7500 check !!!)
5. Can't move my mailbox, they refuse to circle back to give me my mail on my side!!!

LOng story Short:
year 2005:
Built my house
installed mailbox on my property
Post Office refused to deliver my mail until I moved box on to other side of street
Went to P.O. to pick up Mail, Refused to give me my mail, Said I would have to pay a NON-Corrieur FEE of $600.00/yr. to pick my mail up @ P.O. After a month of disputing and no mail I gave in and moved my mailbox

GUYS UNDERSTAND WHY I AM SO F'N PISSED @ this point????????
How have you not gone to that post office with a ****ing gun yet?

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
r0nin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #24
S.J.SLEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nin89 View Post
How have you not gone to that post office with a ****ing gun yet?
I don't know man.....

It really baffles me, everywhere else I have never had a problem w/ post office or carriers, Have allways had freindly carriers in the past where I have lived. I guess They just have it out for me here.

Maybe my carrier is a Ford Fan and dispises the 3 chevy trucks and 3 camaros in the driveway.[/
South Jersey Racecraft

Last edited by S.J.SLEEPER; 12-08-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:23 AM   #25
Raist103

my mail man sucks balls too. he leaves my out going mail in the box all the time.
Raist103 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge