Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #51
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Matt likes to pick on me for fun. When you talk to him, he is very much like me, split down the middle. He says stuff that just gets on people's nerves. Hard to imagine...

They attacked our Ideas, what we stand for. They attack our way of life. if you want to make it about religion, then it would be materialisim. They also dont like us backing a small little country that we planted in the middle east either...

Its obvious that we cannot be isolated from the world, as we depend on it as much as it depends on us. We have become too important to ourselves, and why we left blue collar jobs behind for more money.
This country is in rough shape, and we have torn at the strongest pillars that have gotten this country through the toughest times.
Industry and Education are now on the bottom rung, as we pour nearly 1 trillion dollars into military spending EVERY year. For what? For putting a 1/4 million 18-25 year olds in harms way. Yes, they signed up for it, and they are there to protect us, but I dont see going into Iraq as protection. We had Iraq wrapped up, having total control over everything that goes in and out of that hell hole.
Surrounded by its enemies on 3 sides, and the UN flying and driving all over that sandbox, there was no way anything was getting done.
Peace sells, but whose buying.

And, as far as it being a war over material etc... idk man, you need to open your eyes, extremists HATE us for what we as Americans are. Lazy, free to do whatever, practice whatever religion, and other wise "insult" the ways of Islam. So while to us, they may have attached our ideas of being free from harm of hatred etc... sure, but they still will continue to despise and loath Americans for what we are.

And what do you mean I pick on you? You be straight trippin.

Lay off the kool aid guy.

As far as military budget, as much as I begrudgingly will say, there is more sense in preparing for a large scale economic war versus a land war involving more than three large armies. Cold war era style war is dead.. a few idiots with an RPG can wreck havoc on a slower moving heavy frontal army.

But, I like the peace and comfort of having the worlds best military so I feel no pain at paying to stay that way. And I think as said world superpower, we need to take the gloves off and stop giving a F about what countries think about us. Don't like us? Tough. Stay out of our way.

/angry simpleton.

Last edited by LTb1ow; 12-14-2010 at 09:11 PM.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #52
BigAls87Z28

I think that 850 billion dollars a year is excessive, especially when we have everyone talking about reducing spending, and up in arms about a 700 billion dollar stimulius that was designed to stop the out of control spiral.

250 billion could be shaved from budget, and put towards education, roads, industry, electrical grid, anything else that is in dire need of support.

Open my eyes? You are saying exactly the same thing I am. They hate us for how we live, our life, and what we want. They hate the way we do things, and they attack that. They dont hate our religion, they just hate us. They dont like the west for a host of reasons. We support and promote everything they stand against.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #53
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
I think that 850 billion dollars a year is excessive, especially when we have everyone talking about reducing spending, and up in arms about a 700 billion dollar stimulius that was designed to stop the out of control spiral.

250 billion could be shaved from budget, and put towards education, roads, industry, electrical grid, anything else that is in dire need of support.

Open my eyes? You are saying exactly the same thing I am. They hate us for how we live, our life, and what we want. They hate the way we do things, and they attack that. They dont hate our religion, they just hate us. They dont like the west for a host of reasons. We support and promote everything they stand against.
"pal drinks strawberry coolatas not kool aid" - Underground decalz

LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge