Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
alamantia

How come I havent seen any NJ Devils threads lately?

Oh, thats why...

alamantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Blacdout96

so they're in a small slump.....okay, they flat out suck

All I got to say is... LET"S GO FLYERS!!!!

oh and that I made my wife a Flyers fan...she's jumping up and down shouting at the tv just like me. Why? cause the flyers are just that damn exciting to watch lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 01-20-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

What sport is this?
Curling?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
What sport is this?
Curling?
No no, this is hockey, it's a continuous-play type of sport where you keep moving, not a slow play-by-play game like baseball, or hand egg.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
What sport is this?
Curling?
think of it as the men's version of soccer
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
afclubkid21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
so they're in a small slump.....okay, they flat out suck

All I got to say is... LET"S GO FLYERS!!!!

oh and that I made my wife a Flyers fan...she's jumping up and down shouting at the tv just like me. Why? cause the flyers are just that damn exciting to watch lol.
If the Flyers keep going on this streak and win the Presidents Trophy they are doomed. Only 7 teams that have won the Presidents Trophy ended up winning the Stanley Cup.

GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

Red 98 Z28
TGMS A4, 224 Cammed LQ9, Borla Catback, MSD wires, Summit 3.73 gears
12.06 @ 113.04 mph 1.66 60 ft
afclubkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
BurninrubberGT

when was the last time the rangers won a cup?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn
BurninrubberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #8
Frosty

Dubinksy getting hurt screwed up my fantasy team...why'd he have to go and fracture his leg.

Let Vancouver have the Presidents Trophy, I would want that curse if I was a team lol.

The Flyers look good, their scoring depth is just sick. D is solid, goaltending as usual will be the only question mark. They've given up a few leads in the last few games which can't happen come playoff time. It should be an interesting run. Pens/Flyers in the Conf Finals for the East.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #9
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
think of it as the men's version of soccer
But much, much more exciting.

Quote:
No no, this is hockey, it's a continuous-play type of sport where you keep moving, not a slow play-by-play game like baseball, or hand egg.
Don't forget they don't have ridiculous ghetto celebrations after each score too. No pointing up to God like he somehow had something to do with scoring.

That'd be cool though right? Every time Crosby scores he should do some type of drunken shuffle while falling back past the red line while thanking God...it would keep things fresh and interesting.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 01-21-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #10
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

Don't forget they don't have ridiculous ghetto celebrations after each score too. No pointing up to God like he somehow had something to do with scoring.

That'd be cool though right? Every time Crosby scores he should do some type of drunken shuffle while falling back past the red line while thanking God...it would keep things fresh and interesting.
1. Crosby is a bitch. Don't care how good he is, he's as bad as soccor players when they get tapped, they go right down and act as though their career is over from that contact.

2. Fighting is encouraged in hockey, and of all the sports I ever played, ice hockey took the most training for since you're off the ice for just a couple minutes, then back on and have to skate up and down the ice.

3. I thought stupid touch down celebrations were a penalty, yet today I see people three moves away from the doing the super bowl shuffle.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #11
Frosty

Crosby is a bitch but arguably top 3 players in the league...can't deny that.

I'm curious to see what the NHL does with hits to the head. They're toying with the idea of a no tolerance policy like the NFL....I'm sure it's a big coincidence they're talking about this right after Crosby got nailed. I hope they leave things as is, maybe stiffen the punishment a little more but that's it.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
alamantia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Crosby is a bitch but arguably top 3 players in the league...can't deny that.

I'm curious to see what the NHL does with hits to the head. They're toying with the idea of a no tolerance policy like the NFL....I'm sure it's a big coincidence they're talking about this right after Crosby got nailed. I hope they leave things as is, maybe stiffen the punishment a little more but that's it.
NHL has to consider that 90% of hits to the head were accidental. This sport is too fast to control accidents like this. Almost every game a high sticking penalty is called when all a player tries to do is lift the opposing players stick and accidently hits them in the face. They slap you with an extra 2min if you draw blood like thats intentional and the extra 2 is actualy stopping players from lifting an opposing players stick. Heres another one, you trip a guy and you get 2 for tripping and they get 2 for diving. Well, is it a trip or a dive? There can only be one. And crosby is a crying little bitch. He forgets hes on camara dishing out cheap shots but doesnt STFU when he gets hit cleanly. Bettmans little poster boy could tary and be a little tougher.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #13
Frosty

I agree with the 90% comment. It's not like football, most hockey hits to the head are accidental.

I get the trip/dive concept. The initial action was the trip and the other player embellished it....I still would like to see more dive only calls made.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

they seem to be turning around a bit...we'll see what happens today against the flyers. not a playoff-bound team this year though...first time in what, 13 years? ill take that

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #15
Frosty

That's a good way to look at it, at least they won't be able to lose in the first round for 4 straight years.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
Blacdout96

Ouch, just ouch with that one frosty

Quote:
Old 01-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #17
Frosty

I feel their pain, the Flyers haven't won anything in what, 35yrs? I honestly think that changes this year but there is still a lot of hockey left to be played.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #18
Blacdout96

All I have to say is, ask a player from the Super series of 1976 what team they fear, and long for revenge the most, he will utter the words Philadelphia Flyers.

Our team is the ONLY team to strike fear across the world, and we still do today. Meanwhile the Kansas City Scouts (New Jersey Devils) were having a suckfest on ice for a few years, and many years to come, even after moving to Colorado.

The Devils wish they hand a handful of the history, and accomplishments we have made, and would do anything to have devoted fans like us.

People complain Philadelphia fans are crazy, rude, and ignorant, we say you aren't serious enough of a fan for your team.

Quote:

Last edited by Blacdout96; 01-22-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #19
Frosty

Quote:
People complain Philadelphia fans are crazy, rude, and ignorant, we say you aren't serious enough of a fan for your team.
Ding ding ding, you have won today's prize. Agreed 100%. Though, a lot of Philly fans are strictly homers...they don't follow their respective sports, just the teams and it makes them extremely biased.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
alamantia

I went to a rangers flyers game in philly on 2/9/08 and did not wear my rangers jersey. Turns out the rangers won 2-0 and I regretted not wearing it. Last year when the schedule was announced I saw that the last regular season game was in philly, so in September I bought tickets to that game because I figured it may be an interesting game, that prediction was an understatement. So like an idiot I wore my rangers jersey to that game. My car could have been parked in Deleware thats how long of a walk it was thru the parking lot. Being a Rangers and Vikings fan I have learned to be used to the abuse though.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
All I have to say is, ask a player from the Super series of 1976 what team they fear, and long for revenge the most, he will utter the words Philadelphia Flyers.

Our team is the ONLY team to strike fear across the world, and we still do today. Meanwhile the Kansas City Scouts (New Jersey Devils) were having a suckfest on ice for a few years, and many years to come, even after moving to Colorado.

The Devils wish they hand a handful of the history, and accomplishments we have made, and would do anything to have devoted fans like us.

i agree with that. the flyers devils game i went to i heard more flyers chants then devils and the devils were on home ice. devils fans need to step it up. they are really the only true new jersey team to bring home a championship. flyers fans are great i wish new jersey was like that too
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge

Last edited by redsoxsstink; 01-25-2011 at 07:14 PM.
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #22
WayFast84

Adam Larson is the reason you don't see any Devil's threads....

Last edited by WayFast84; 02-02-2011 at 01:53 PM.
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #23
Knipps

Bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #24
afclubkid21

I cant believe the rangers lost to the worst team in the NHL last night. Phuking Devils

EDIT: guess they arent the worst team anymore. just looked at the standings.

Red 98 Z28
TGMS A4, 224 Cammed LQ9, Borla Catback, MSD wires, Summit 3.73 gears
12.06 @ 113.04 mph 1.66 60 ft

Last edited by afclubkid21; 02-04-2011 at 06:03 AM.
afclubkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #25
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by afclubkid21 View Post
EDIT: guess they arent the worst team anymore. just looked at the standings.
Nope, that win lifted them out of the NHL basement.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge