Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation

Notices

Old 07-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

July 10, 2015 is “Collector Car Appreciation Day

SAN SECURES U.S. SENATE RESOLUTION DESIGNATING JULY 10th AS “COLLECTOR CAR APPRECIATION DAY”
Lawmakers Acknowledge Importance of Collection and Restoration of Collector Cars
The U.S. Senate passed Senate Resolution 196 (S. Res. 196) at the request of the SEMA Action Network (SAN) designating July 10, 2015 as “Collector Car Appreciation Day (CCAD).” S. Res. 196 was sponsored by Congressional Automotive Performance and Motorsports Caucus Co-Chairs Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) and Senator Jon Tester (D-MT). The date marks the sixth commemoration in what has become an annual event to celebrate and raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society.

A growing list of scheduled events, like car shows, cruise-ins and parades, will be held in support of this annual celebration. The SAN is maintaining the event list to commemorate the day at semaSAN.com/CCAD. Individuals, car clubs and business owners interested in publicizing events can submit the details using this link. Companies should consider hosting a “drive your collector car to work” day for staff members. More event ideas are available at this link. If you are unable to celebrate on July 10th, the SAN encourages events to be scheduled throughout the month of July to honor the classics of the past and the future. Event organizers will be sent a copy of the official Senate Resolution for display at each event.

States, cities and Canadian provinces joined the U.S. Senate last year by passing their own proclamations and resolutions. This year, the state of Louisiana and provinces of British Columbia and Nova Scotia have each made their own declarations in the spirit of this celebration. Several other jurisdictions are pursuing similar initiatives.

For questions, contact SAN Director Colby Martin at 909/978-6721 or san@sema.org. You may also download the official logo and flyer from the homepage and help promote this special day. As always, the SAN welcomes any level of participation and encourages everyone to spread the word about our hobby’s “holiday.”

With July’s Collector Car Appreciation Day celebration just around the corner, SEMA Action Network (SAN) members are sharing the video PSA about the “holiday.” Featuring Spike TV’s Powerblock host Courtney Hansen and her 1957 Ford Thunderbird, this video may be posted by everyone using the following link: https://youtu.be/j91KeBdli9g

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:16 AM   #2
KevinW

I'll ride shotgun!
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Sounds like Somerville was hopping last night . I posted a few pics from the Old Bridge cruise last night on our face book page & Instagram.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop

Last edited by BonzoHansen; 07-11-2015 at 10:21 AM.
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation