Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 03-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
DaSkinnyGuy

CETA/Blackbird debate

thats awsome, it has the blackbird stripes and the blackbird rear bumper mod.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
DaSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy View Post
thats awsome, it has the blackbird stripes and the blackbird rear bumper mod.
umm yeah thats ceta, not blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
umm yeah thats ceta, not blackbird
wrong, 2001 was when the blackbird trans am came out, the 2002 CETA came out 2002 thus the blackbird had the rear bumper painted first, thus why people are wrong when they call it a CETA mod, thus berger panel on a camaro is wrong when camaros had it back in the 60's thus making it the chevy panel mod.

Either way looks great no matter what you want to call it.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
wrong, 2001 was when the blackbird trans am came out, the 2002 CETA came out 2002 thus the blackbird had the rear bumper painted first, thus why people are wrong when they call it a CETA mod, thus berger panel on a camaro is wrong when camaros had it back in the 60's thus making it the chevy panel mod.
Fact: No one cares...

Last edited by ar0ck; 03-15-2009 at 10:40 PM.
ar0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
Mike
BadMod

Quote:

the carl black cars, had metallic silver rear panels. ceta cars have black. the pictures above are black.

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
Mike
BadMod

"In February of 2001, Carl Black produced the first series of High Performance Pontiac Trans Ams in memory of the late Muscle Car Era. Our goal at Carl Black, was to produce a performance car that combines the nostalgic feel and sound of the Sixties with the technology, power, handling and style of today. The result was the Black Bird, the pinnacle of 35 years of muscle cars. Fifty of these specialty vehicles were sold to collectors and power enthusiasts across the Country.
Each Black Bird starts out as a stock Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Ram Air with LS1 5.7 liter V-8 engine, 6-speed manual transmission and Hurst shift linkage. Carl Black´s high performance modifications include a 380 horsepower / 400 ft lb torque engine package, short throw shifter, high flow air box lid, chambered cat back exhaust, front and rear Eibach 1.5" lowering springs, dimpled front and rear disc brake rotors and Torq-Thrust II 17" ARE wheels.
The Black Bird´s performance is very impressive, doing 0 to 60 mph in just 4.40 seconds, and turning the quarter mile in 12.87 seconds at 111 mph. The cat back 3 chambered exhaust system provides increased horsepower and an impressive note reminiscent of the late 1960´s muscle cars. The under-drive pulley system delivers 337 horsepower to the rear wheels. The dimpled rotors add additional cooling to the 4 wheel disc brakes, and the lowered suspension offers improved handling and control.
The Black Bird appearance package features dual 380 HP hood accent stripes, Black Bird Cloisonné hood and fender badging, Metallic Silver rear lower panel, all new silver face gauges on the instrument panel, nostalgic black shift ball, auto dimming rearview mirror with compass, Mobil 1 oil fill cap and decal, car cover and floormats with embroidered Black Bird logo.
Only 50 Black Birds were produced. Each car´s number is displayed on the windshield and rear view mirror, and is stamped on the engine and exhaust manifold. The Black Bird was only offered as a complete package, and only from Carl Black."

or direct from gmmg's site.........http://gmmginc.net/programs/Blackbird/

Quote:

Last edited by Mike; 03-15-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Carl Black GMMG "Black bird"

CETA Trans Am:
Old 03-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #8
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:

i have a berger panel so suck it. who gave the camaros the black panel in the 60's? berger chevy. YEAH SUCK IT!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
i have a berger panel so suck it. who gave the camaros the black panel in the 60's? berger chevy. YEAH SUCK IT!
gm did

Quote:
Old 03-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #10
NastyEllEssWon

thanks for splitting this off from my thread.

and as a matter of fact......it is nasty
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #11
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

Quote:

LS1tech calls it the CETA mod. If it's good enough for the hundreds of thousands of users over there, then it's good enough for me. Pretty sure 1<100,000+. Good luck on ur argument.

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
NJ346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #12
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Just cause a lot of people agree on something hardly makes it right.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #13
Mike
BadMod

dosent matter what you call it. if gmmg/carl black painted theirs silver, the only ones that could be called a "blackbird panel" would be silver ones

Quote:
Old 03-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #14
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
Just cause a lot of people agree on something hardly makes it right.
your so wrong. who agrees with me?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
NJ346

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
your so wrong. who agrees with me?
Agreed.

03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
Old 03-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #16
DaSkinnyGuy

Just because Everyone calls it on ls1tech the CETA mod doesnt mean that LS1tech is the offical 4thgen F-Body Webdsters dictionary. You end up getting alot of people who have no idea what a CETA is but they feel heck why not just follow what the other guy said and call it that.

About the color part- If my townhouse is beige and i paint it white is it now called an appartment. Nope its still a town house. so why would being if its painted silver we should only call it a blackbird and if its only black call it a ceta. What about all the other colors there are if you paint it orange then what do you call it. A Hugger rear bumper mod?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #17
Saitin
Banned

Quote:
J A Hugger rear bumper mod?
LOL the truth is they probably would.
Saitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #18
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Just because Everyone calls it on ls1tech the CETA mod doesnt mean that LS1tech is the offical 4thgen F-Body Webdsters dictionary. You end up getting alot of people who have no idea what a CETA is but they feel heck why not just follow what the other guy said and call it that.

About the color part- If my townhouse is beige and i paint it white is it now called an appartment. Nope its still a town house. so why would being if its painted silver we should only call it a blackbird and if its only black call it a ceta. What about all the other colors there are if you paint it orange then what do you call it. A Hugger rear bumper mod?
you're taking the internet wayyyy to seriously.

Quote:

Last edited by Mike; 03-16-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #19
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #20
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:

because blackbirds panels were all silver....and yup....ceta's panels were all black. the difference isnt that someone painted it. the difference is achieving the look of the car. painting the panel black doesnt achieve a blackbird look. it achieves the ceta look. if its silver its achieving the blackbird look.

the panel on my trans am has the ceta mod and the reason i call it that is because it is a ceta mod. i will be having my mirrors and sail panel painted black as well to achieve the ceta look ive always dreamed of. except instead of doing the side feathers id rather do the vinyl on the spoiler like my bb stripes on my hood.

a little mix of both
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #21
DaSkinnyGuy

This isnt about being tough its about getting people to realize that for the last 7 years they have been calling something by the wrong name and In my opinion if someone created something first then call it by who that was.This debate can go on about the berger panel for the camaros also, i know there people out there that do not call it the berger panel.

Heres food for thought: ford created the assembly line. We still call this mass production line the assembly line no matter what car manafacture you walk into, because they created it first.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #22
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
This isnt about being tough its about getting people to realize that for the last 7 years they have been calling something by the wrong name and In my opinion if someone created something first then call it by who that was.This debate can go on about the berger panel for the camaros also, i know there people out there that do not call it the berger panel.

Heres food for thought: ford created the assembly line. We still call this mass production line the assembly line no matter what car manafacture you walk into, because they created it first.
what does the assembly line have to do with anything? it is simply a description of the method of building somthing

Quote:
Old 03-17-2009, 05:25 AM   #23
NJ346

Quote:

Why do you even care so much? You can call it what you want and we can call it what we want. Your obviously not going to change the opinion on this site(or anywhere on the internet), so instead of continuing to add to this now pointless thread, just quit while your still somewhat ahead...

03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #24
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN View Post
Why do you even care so much? You can call it what you want and we can call it what we want. Your obviously not going to change the opinion on this site(or anywhere on the internet), so instead of continuing to add to this now pointless thread, just quit while your still somewhat ahead...
it did get pretty pointless. i mean, once i posted the information from carl blacks site, and from the gmmg site, and alex posted the pictures, it was pretty much over.....we use facts, and he uses his personal feelings.

daskinnyguy, you say everyone has been calling it the wrong thing for 7 years, well how can everyone be wrong, and one person be right? you are the only person i have ever seen in person or on any site that thinks it should be a blackbird panel........

remember, only 50 blackbirds were ever made in 01, so chances are most people never saw one, so the first car they ever saw with a painted panel was the ceta. so if the people that first did it back in 02 did it because they saw it on a ceta, than it is a ceta mod

Quote:
Old 03-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #25
DaSkinnyGuy

Correct, no way am i changing someones opinion. At the same time for anyone who had never thought about it, now has given them some info to see why it could have been called this from the begininng.

If you didnt notice my post had been made into a thread by an admin, never heard me complain about it, I just kept moving with it.

I knew someone would not know and i kept it quite until someone fell into the trap. Not all Blackbirds were painted the silver metallic. There is at least one color combition that was different if need be i can post up the pics.

Since its clear what happens when people lacked the full knowledge in the beginning of what car orginally had the lower panel painted and you get the most common car that was painted after using the name to call it that.

Im glad this debate was taken out of nastyelesones thread about his really nice new car he got and brought into this thread.

You cant say im wrong that the blackbird had the lower panel painted first, and thats why i used some random thought such as the ford assembly line into the debate, ford had created the assembly line first and we still call it by that, we never changed the name. So why call the panel by the second car that was painted by it, not the 1st.

The color of how the panel is being painted shouldnt change the name of it.

Nothing is pointless, There was a point.

Shownomercy did put a great point across but stayed quite for his sake.

At least cbrmike agreed that GM created the black panel on the camaros not berger. This is the same reason why for a long time my opinion was if someone paints it first call it by who painted it.

As for the answer its clear the forum likes Ceta and im the only one walking away calling it a blackbird.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia