Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 01:49 AM   #126
S.J.SLEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzLT1 View Post
yeah the problem is that they arent putting enough pressure down at that point. theres a video somewhere around here where you can see my tires jump into the wheel wells because the shocks are so blown
WELL.......I never said "blown shocks" I said high mileage. being that the springs & shocks are soft from the mileage. it is obvoius that a blown shock will cause the suspension to bounce/wheel hop etc... but if shocks are decent the soft/worn out springs will allow it to squat and with enuff power the car will keep it squatted.....

Squatting is good.... thats weight transfer which plants the tires to the pavement = traction

anyway it was just a comment, i make enough $ i can buy drag shocks & springs new out of the catalog. a matter of fact i could probably buy everyone on this forum shocks/springs.

Vin good luck on the 29th and pm me if you need anything in a pinch.
South Jersey Racecraft
S.J.SLEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #127
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J.SLEEPER View Post

Squatting is good.... thats weight transfer which plants the tires to the pavement = traction
Again, squatting is BAD. Weight transfer is good but the rear suspension should actually push away from the body or rise.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #128
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
a matter of fact i could probably buy everyone on this forum shocks/springs.
qa1 24 ways please! (springs for a heavy ass lt1 )
Old 11-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #129
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

Cool Video of build. I think the numbers are pretty good for untouched LS6 heads and that cam. Compare it to guys running the Torquer series cams if you need some reference numbers.

Do you have a dyno graph you could post up? What head gaskets did you go with?
KirkEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #130
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
WELL.......I never said "blown shocks" I said high mileage. being that the springs & shocks are soft from the mileage. it is obvoius that a blown shock will cause the suspension to bounce/wheel hop etc... but if shocks are decent the soft/worn out springs will allow it to squat and with enuff power the car will keep it squatted.....

anyway it was just a comment, i make enough $ i can buy drag shocks & springs new out of the catalog. a matter of fact i could probably buy everyone on this forum shocks/springs.

Comp Eng 3 ways please.

Nice video Vin, hopefully get to race ya and your 110% injectors this weekend.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #131
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkEvil View Post
Cool Video of build. I think the numbers are pretty good for untouched LS6 heads and that cam. Compare it to guys running the Torquer series cams if you need some reference numbers.

Do you have a dyno graph you could post up? What head gaskets did you go with?
I haven't had a chance to scan the dyno graph yet. The power band comes on nicely. It has over 300 tq at the wheels by 2800 rpm..peak power at 6200. I went with Felpro perma-blues for the head gaskets. The whole motor has felpro gaskets on it since I felt they were superior to anything else, and this motor will get a beating like anything else I drive.

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
NJ346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #132
JerzLT1

Quote:

the rear axle should be a pivot point, it should not squat. i have 12 way adjustables with it set almost as firm as it will go, i understand that you mean weight transfer when you say squat, but squating means the back tires tucking up in the wheel wells, and its NEVER GOOD. you want the front to lift and the rear to stay firm.

btw no one cares how much money you make.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #133
MattysTA

not bad vin, not bad at all...guess ill throw my heads on during the trans rebuild

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia