Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X

Notices

Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #26
2MCHPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoMirage View Post
theres a rinky dink little club that runs in giants stadium on sudays....alot of yuppies and ricers, though.

damn bro. a bit harsh?

I'm part of that club and have been for many years. Its way better than SCCA NNJR (etown) because etown courses are so tight (suck for big fbodies) and the concrete/asphalt is getting ripped up, and their events are so crowded, you get like 6 runs all day.

Our courses are way bigger and faster, and you usually get 10 runs.

we have a diverse group of drivers. I won class A in my old firebird there for the season points 2 years back. We also merged with NASA and PDA, so we do open track events. I won Class A open track season for 2005.

My 2 friends from this board come to a bunch of our events:
198esp1 - kevin
1QWIKBIRD - chris

I don't know if i'm a yuppie and/or a ricer (I know I'm a car guy through and through) but why don't you come on down on March 18th to see if you can beat my rice?
2MCHPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 PM   #27
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR View Post
damn bro. a bit harsh?

I'm part of that club and have been for many years. Its way better than SCCA NNJR (etown) because etown courses are so tight (suck for big fbodies) and the concrete/asphalt is getting ripped up, and their events are so crowded, you get like 6 runs all day.

Our courses are way bigger and faster, and you usually get 10 runs.

we have a diverse group of drivers. I won class A in my old firebird there for the season points 2 years back. We also merged with NASA and PDA, so we do open track events. I won Class A open track season for 2005.

My 2 friends from this board come to a bunch of our events:
198esp1 - kevin
1QWIKBIRD - chris

I don't know if i'm a yuppie and/or a ricer (I know I'm a car guy through and through) but why don't you come on down on March 18th to see if you can beat my rice?
my buddy sherif says that all the time. he lives in manalapan which is a minute or two from e-town and he still prefers the giants stadium auto-xs better. he has a s2000 btw
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #28
EchoMirage
13 Second Club

shoehorning an LS1 into an rx7 (or other lightweight car) isnt rice. its something id think about doing if i didnt already have 3 vehicles and a house being built to worry about. i have been there before, i recognize your car. i was not personally attacking you, nor should you be thinking that i was. what you cant deny is the ratio of american V8s to jap 4cyls there. am i saying this is a particularly bad thing......no. i was commenting to the lack of V8s, particularly f-bodies there. hence the reason i suggested we get together and make a showing. you also cant deny that there ARE yuppies there. dont tell me that radomin in his GT3 isnt one. anyone who wears a lime green shirt with matching socks = yuppie.

and BTW, challenging a 400hp 3600lb car to an autox against a 400hp 2500lb car is hardly a race. thats why they have different classes for different cars.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #29
2MCHPWR

i don't really mind. just playing. but you did call my club dinky. i'm on the board and spend a lot of time making it better.

radomin is alright in my book. anyone who takes a $115k car and modifies it further AND beats the living crap out of it on the race track is cool by me.
when i had my F body up to 2 years back, i always invited other fbodies. they just don't dig the autocross as much as they like draggin. But i still brought a bunch of owners with me when i raced.

and kevin and chris (who bought my firebird) from this board, both attend our events. and rob in the red mustang always kicks major ass there, so v8's are represented.
and i didn't notice your car when i challenged you. i don't care what anyone drives. my goal this year is to have the fastest car there

Last edited by 2MCHPWR; 02-28-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #30
2MCHPWR

oh my car doesn't weigh 2500
it weighed 2730 before I added ABS and PS. So i guess its at about 2750 now. And I might add rollbar soon, so thats an add'l 50 min.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #31
198esp1

One reason there are not a lot of f bodys is that your are not going to be even remotely fast your first several times out. It takes a while to be fast. most f-bod guys cant handle getting spanked by a 90hp ricer so they take the easy road and go drag racing. but When you do go fast in a big v-8 you will get a lot of respect from your fellow racers. M-club has some of the fastest drivers you will find around the north east. same with nnjr and philly region. and Just when you think your fast go to a autocrosser inc. event in MD and race against Sam Stano and let me know how the humble pie taste. (been there) It would be great to get 10-15 f-body guys to a solo event but Im not holding my breath the most i have seen at an event was in MD at ripken stadium and that was 7. Two in f-stock and 5 in esp
198esp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #32
qwikz28

Social Networks:

f-body guys have a hard time believing that power won't win them a race. i understand that since my car is bigger then most imports that i will be at a disadvantage if anything. i think that makes it alot of fun. i have no problem getting beat up by a couple of little cars, its all for the experience.

i definately wanna try giants stadium track first. it sounds more like my cup-of-tea then the e-town ones. is there a club you have to join or something or is it just show up, pay, pass tech, and race?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #33
2MCHPWR

its $40 for non-members, $30 for members.
you should join if you think you'll do it a few times so it pays for itself.
$35 to join, and you get 1 yr subscription to grassroots motorsports magazine.
http://www.motorsportsne.com/
And besides saving 10 bux on each event, you will get member discounts for events from PDA and NASA since we are partners with them.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #34
Blacdout96

March 18th you say? hmm, i guess i might come down, check it out. what safety items do you need to attend it besides a helmet?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #35
EchoMirage
13 Second Club

just a helmet, and usual car saftey stuff. battery secure, nothing loose inside, usual ****. clean out your car and hatch. if you dont have a helmet, they have loaners. if you need, meet me there and ill let you use my older one. only worn a few times, so its not like youre putting on some sweaty thing a dozen others have used. lasts all day, so bring water, food if you want, and a folding chair is great.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #36
2MCHPWR

wear sneakers and fill gas tank up all the way.
if you have f-body, put about 40 psi in your front tires. 30-32 in the rears.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #37
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

to run anywhere in jersey you also need a hemet. if you don't have one, most of the clubs have loaners that you can share at the event.
i wish i was gonna be home that weekend. sounds like there is gonna be an NJFBOA invasion of an autocros sometime soon.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #38
EchoMirage
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
i wish i was gonna be home that weekend. sounds like there is gonna be an NJFBOA invasion of an autocros sometime soon.
we can hope. they also have runs on 3/18 and 3/25

Last edited by EchoMirage; 03-02-2007 at 07:22 PM.
EchoMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #39
GreatSave9

http://www.phillyscca.com
I do some photos for them and ran AutoX once. Couple other F-body guys ran too.

Upcoming event;
3/17 Solo: Winter Series Event #3 @Ripken Stadium

Warminster is the big event that draws like 200+ cars. Some say its more like a National type track, hence thats why they enjoy it so much.

Last edited by GreatSave9; 03-03-2007 at 11:34 AM.
GreatSave9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #40
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

So does anyone want to meet up and go to one at Giant Stadium? I'm down.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #41
qwikz28

Social Networks:

i'll go once summer starts with you alex
Old 03-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #42
ins0mnia24

I will be out there once it starts up it is only a mile away from my g/f's house.
Last year on fridays I used to drive right by there getting off the turnpike it looked like fun from what I could see driving right by it.
You can actually see the layout of the course on the parkinglot due to all the tire marks left behind.
Me and my g/f were out there messing around today just following the tire marks in the parking lot
seems like a lot of fun.
QTP Headers, Mufflex Stainless Y-pipe, Pypes Performance Exhaust, Moser 12-bolt w/ 33 spline axles,Truetrac & 3:73's., Spohn.
Cartek Tuned...
ins0mnia24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #43
Blacdout96

I think i might head there, gotta see whats the schedules like
Old 03-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #44
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

giants stadium, nice, 20 min drive (depending on traffic)

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #45
EchoMirage
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life View Post
So does anyone want to meet up and go to one at Giant Stadium? I'm down.
ill go. i live all of 5 minutes from it, so ill probably meet everyone there. their test&tune is 3/11, no points, and regular season is 3/18. what day is everyone looking at?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #46
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I don't think I'll have my fuel pump and tune done by the 11th unfortunately.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #47
V
Stalker

i'd definately be up for going, but not racing. id just enjoy watching an event like this at giants since its not far, and if a bunch of us f-body guys go, ill tag along. main reason i wont try to run is my car is not setup for handling, being as low as it is, and i havent even driven it for 1.5 years so ill just be getting used to it again as it is.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #48
bubba428

well...if you hade a mildly stiffend suspention...it would be good for road coarse or drag strip you could just change the suspention and tweak a few things...one car could perform both...
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #49
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
well...if you hade a mildly stiffend suspention...it would be good for road coarse or drag strip you could just change the suspention and tweak a few things...one car could perform both...
yeah its called stock. 4th gens are known for there off the factory handling capabilities. its better to stick to one choice so you can go in that direction then try to maintain both..

Last edited by Blacdout96; 03-08-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:22 AM   #50
alexm

i'm definately up for watching a few until i mod the car i used to autox in scotland
alexm is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X