Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Racer's Lounge

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

The ambulance in question is always running.....even during our lame track rentals. I think we should leave that bs for another thread or split this thing up and argue over nothing!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Agreed.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #28
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
The ambulance in question is always running.....even during our lame track rentals. I think we should leave that bs for another thread or split this thing up and argue over nothing!
Just cause the engine is running doesn't mean it can shift gears.

LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
Slow-V6

I am not arguing or what not. Just thought that this might have an effect on the track especially if the person wins..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #30
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Just cause the engine is running doesn't mean it can shift gears.

Our cars may not shift but the lawsuit is

Quote:
While an ambulance was on-site with a crew capable of dousing fires, the vehicle wouldn't start when Cruz crashed, forcing Cruz's son, the Atco owner and other Atco staffers to run to Cruz to help put out the flames, according to the lawsuit.

Cruz suffered second- and third-degree burns, according to the lawsuit. He died about a year after the crash.

"Atco charged patrons a fee and held itself out as a safe environment for experienced drag car racers to engage in a highly dangerous activity," attorney Jennie Shatynsky wrote in the lawsuit.

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 01-22-2013 at 07:23 AM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #31
Slow-V6

Well crap. That doesnt sound to good.
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #32
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

I guess I have my foot in my mouth here cause I keep going on about it but as I said earlier, the ambulance is always running. Even at our silly little rentals, its always idling and they yell at you to stay clear of it.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #33
Dudbird113

They should have a quad ready to go too with a fire extiguisher and first aid kit straped to it
Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #34
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudbird113 View Post
They should have a quad ready to go too with a fire extiguisher and first aid kit straped to it
Why. They have an ambulance and pick up trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC

Last edited by Mike; 01-23-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #35
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Why. They have an ambulance and pick up trucks
Its cheaper to have an atv idle or putz around all day than it is to leave a truck/ambulance running. At least then they have a guaranteed quick way to get some help to a wreck.

But, I am sure there is some NHRA ruling that mandates what safety equipment is required and if it needs to be idling the whole day etc.

They really need a high idle mod on their ambulance though.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #36
Mike
BadMod

From everything I have heard the car wasn't legal for the times it was running. No extinguisher or fire safety gear inside the car or on the driver.

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #37
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
From everything I have heard the car wasn't legal for the times it was running. No extinguisher or fire safety gear inside the car or on the driver.
Then wouldnt that also fall on the track as well? They tech the car. I compare going through tech At Atco to MIR or VMP. At VMP they have you open up every door, compartment in the car and spend a good 10 mins looking around your car. They check your battery, your overflow, ect on every single car.

If that happened on the drivers 1st pass then the track should be okay as they can say we didnt know how fast it was but if it was the drivers 2nd or 3rd pass the car already went faster then what is allowed for the safty equipment and didnt get kicked off the track then that will probably fall on the track. I know in my Vette last year which is a Convertible If it ran a 13.49 or faster It needs to have a roll bar. My self and my wife made 6 passes in the vette and the slowest pass was a 13.3 and I have no roll bar.

Last edited by Slow-V6; 01-25-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #38
Mike
BadMod

Apparently the guy said it was much slower than it was capable of, and at rentals they don't looks as hard unless the car looks like poo... I don't know if it was the first run or if he had been taking it easy prior to the crash...

Also, he was OUT of the car sitting on the wall when his son/friends and the track employees got down there.

I don't have first hand information, but honestly it sounds like most of the injuries were sustained while the car was sliding to a stop, then adrenaline got him to release the belts and get out of the car before he felt the brunt of it....

Proper safety equipment and clothing probably would have saved this man, I just hope the truth comes out either way it leans

Quote:
Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #39
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Who knows if he was even going fast enough or had a power adder that required fire clothing.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #40
Dudbird113

Gonna say i dont think u can park an ambulance inside the burnout box. If they have a quad it be alot quicker then running and getting the ambulance then have people move outta the staging area behind the wall etc. at least in a quad they can get down to the wreck maybe start to put a fire out then the slow abulance can arrive. Doesnt any power adder u have to wear atleast a fire proof jacket?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #41
WildBillyT

Quote:
Gonna say i dont think u can park an ambulance inside the burnout box. If they have a quad it be alot quicker then running and getting the ambulance then have people move outta the staging area behind the wall etc. at least in a quad they can get down to the wreck maybe start to put a fire out then the slow abulance can arrive. Doesnt any power adder u have to wear atleast a fire proof jacket?
Maybe a Gator. That way they can carry more to the scene.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #42
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think you are familiar with Atco's layout.

The ambulances, yeah look two at our 10 car track rental, are parked next to the track and have an unobstructed path to the lane. The lane is wide enough that the ambulance can pull past any staged car if there ever was a need. They don't have to come through the burnout wall, they have their own special parking. The ambulance is always idling, even at our 10 car track rental. There is someone always in said ambulance, even at our 10 car track rental. There is nothing wrong with atco's layout and how their emergency services respond. As stated, the driver was out of the car before a first responder arrived. Also, you can see two fire extinguishers on either side of the wall where the tree operator stands. They also have extinguishers at the end of the track outside the wall. They also have extinguishers along the return road. And yes, a power adder requires protective clothing. I guess I worded that a little funny.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #43
Slow-V6

Does other tracks have actual firetrucks there? I was reading the Widows lawsuit and she is claiming that other tracks have firetrucks also. I really could care less. You sign that paper to race knowing that there is a chance this could happen.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #44
Dudbird113

Never seen that part haha, always in the right lane when i go there. Eith the dude that burnt himself didnt it not start?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #45
WildBillyT

Quote:
Never seen that part haha, always in the right lane when i go there. Eith the dude that burnt himself didnt it not start?
It is he-said she-said in this case. If it goes to court we will see.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #46
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
Does other tracks have actual firetrucks there? I was reading the Widows lawsuit and she is claiming that other tracks have firetrucks also. I really could care less. You sign that paper to race knowing that there is a chance this could happen.
true, but there is some reasonable expectation of safety. VT courts have upheld your theory at ski resorts - lift tickets have disclaimers on them. But there have been successful suits when proper protocols were not followed.

anyway I think there are NJ state laws in play about what equipment they have on site, state of readiness, required staffing like EMTs on duty on site, etc.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #47
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
Haven't seen one there and can't recall seeing one anywhere else except maybe a big night at etown.

Quote:
Holy **** how many times have I said its always idling? Like Bill said, its a he said she said.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #48
Dudbird113

Coulda sworn i read an article saying the wambulance was off. Problem was it took it awhile to start. They could have recently done it where it idles all the time due to the incident
Old 01-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #49
Mike
BadMod

Yes the article said that. That is one side of the story. The article was based off an interview with the wife.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #50
LTb1ow

Atco has a pickup truck with a foam tank fire setup in the bed, parked right next to the ambulance.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Racer's Lounge