Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #26
townsend

rikens smoke if you spin em fast enough lol

go to dave and have him do a tune, or if you want something to hold you over in the meantime talk to nate (sweet-94z28) on ltxtech. he did both tunes on both our cars and they are on point for driveability. fyi, i have my idle with the hotcam set at 800 and 850 on the le2 car. i think yours is a little low.

2021 Charger Scat

Wrench/driver 94 Camaro Ellwein 385/D1SC/CPT 4l60e/9" slow pile
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #27
The_Bishop
Power Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraffz View Post
Wheels are 17" replicas and they look brand new but I am not interested in trading. It's got those stupid Riken Raptor 275/40/17 tires on it that last forever and don't smoke lol.

Ah, well, it was worth a shot.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #28
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Fun little LT1 fact that I never knew. Even though I had replaced that sensor, I did it on the cheap through my Napa Commercial account and they don't carry ACDelco O2 sensors. With the key forward and the motor off the resistance is 9mv. I chased the wires on that side to ensure nothing was broken. Seems a lot of newer vehicles had a resistance reading in that ballpark but this O2 sensor must not be LT1 compatible or defective.

I have true plug and play O2 extensions coming on the 18th (instead of having them spliced since it makes me uncomfortable since it already caused an issue once). Tomorrow I'll switch the sensors around and my issue will most likely switch banks.
Resistance should be in ohms or milliohms, not millivolts. Is that what you meant?

As far as splicing into the O2 circuit itself, that can be tricky. Since the circuit itself runs from 0-1000mv any extra resistance from a funky solder joint will mess up the readings. I'd bet that the extensions will make a difference in your case.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #29
zraffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsend View Post
rikens smoke if you spin em fast enough lol

go to dave and have him do a tune, or if you want something to hold you over in the meantime talk to nate (sweet-94z28) on ltxtech. he did both tunes on both our cars and they are on point for driveability. fyi, i have my idle with the hotcam set at 800 and 850 on the le2 car. i think yours is a little low.
Your cars are automatic. I think my madz28 tune is as good as anybody else will do mail order wise.

Besides ironing out the minor problem left, I am parking the car in my shop for the winter and not spending any more money on it. Just purchased a plow truck today and won't be driving the car until spring.
zraffz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #30
zraffz

O2 harnesses arrived, switched to ACDelco o2 sensors, noticed the PO had the throttle stop screwed out so the car was idling at 1,000 rpms... Sounds way better at 750 now!
Took it for a spin, drives much better without surging. Runs pretty strong.
Coming down a nice strait road it loses throttle response, I keep downshifting and tapping the pedal and I come to a stop and it stalls lol. Think the ICM is now getting heat soaked because after it sat for half an hour it fired right up perfectly fine. Pulled that BS where the SES flashed while holding steady at 3,500 but it defiantly wasn't missing and the live data scan wasn't catching any misfires.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #31
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

ICM won't effect throttle response if that is what you are inferring.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #32
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
O2 harnesses arrived, switched to ACDelco o2 sensors, noticed the PO had the throttle stop screwed out so the car was idling at 1,000 rpms... Sounds way better at 750 now!
Took it for a spin, drives much better without surging. Runs pretty strong.
Coming down a nice strait road it loses throttle response, I keep downshifting and tapping the pedal and I come to a stop and it stalls lol. Think the ICM is now getting heat soaked because after it sat for half an hour it fired right up perfectly fine. Pulled that BS where the SES flashed while holding steady at 3,500 but it defiantly wasn't missing and the live data scan wasn't catching any misfires.
Is the IAC valve pretty new? Not gunked up? What are the counts?
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #33
zraffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
ICM won't effect throttle response if that is what you are inferring.
I'm not certain what was going on when I had no throttle response. It seemed to be running perfectly fine while it was coasting minus the throttle not doing anything (don't forget this is a M6 car though). I can't see the TPS, IAC or ECM being the cause on its own. Even with a bad TPS it should bog or affect the idle when the butterflies in the throttle body open up. I feel like the ICM is getting heat soaked because it fired up after I left it alone for about half an hour. I need a few parts that are in questionable shape before I bother trying to diagnose this any more.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #34
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

It continued to run when you depressed the clutch while downshifting, right?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #35
zraffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
It continued to run when you depressed the clutch while downshifting, right?
I'm not 100% certain what was happening. It sounded like it was running but I'm not sure if it was really running or if it was due to the motor still turning over in gear. Happened kinda fast and I was more focused on finding a safe spot to stop.

Regardless, if it was still running would that have something to due with the TPS? Most vehicles still do something even with it unplugged but I'm not certain about these cars. Haven't started to diagnose the car yet, kinda sucks pulling the car into the shop and jacking it up to get the lift arms under it.

Last edited by zraffz; 12-23-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #36
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Well if you are depressing the clutch, the tires are no longer driving the motor. That's why I asked. The tps can be funny. Should be about .67 volts 0% throttle and above 4.5 100% throttle (I believe, might be a tad under that) with a smooth gain in voltage throughout the pedal travel. The closed loop warm IAC counts should be around 30-35. It sees the most action when coming to a stop. 160 is max open.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #37
zraffz

Just a quick update... haven't had much time for the car in the past few weeks. It's running again and I decided to spoil myself with a few goodies for it. Waiting on a set of LS1 coils/brackets/custom wires, LTCC unit & window switch and an $802 bill from Nitrous Outlet (which will be damn near doubling very soon).
Old 01-24-2014, 06:38 AM   #38
donnj

saw it on CL forsale, whats the plan with it?
donnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #39
zraffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnj View Post
saw it on CL forsale, whats the plan with it?
Not really sure what I'm doing with it lol. Part of me wants to send it down the road and part of me wants to dump a few more grand into a 9" and drag radials and shoot for high 10's/low 11's on the 150 shot.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge