Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #51
Mike
BadMod

most carriers give you a price reduction at 23, but your not out of the category until 26. my rates went down a couple years ago, but its still a joke until november when they drop again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #52
DaSkinnyGuy

nice so you get a rank its like playing a video game and if you cant drive well you stay a noob is what should happen
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #53
Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy View Post
nice so you get a rank its like playing a video game and if you cant drive well you stay a noob is what should happen
Driver XP points ftw!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #54
91chevywt

Shouldn't the state be concentrating more on the budget than making NJ's strict GDL program more strict?? How much of my/our money are they going to spend on this?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #55
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91chevywt View Post
Shouldn't the state be concentrating more on the budget than making NJ's strict GDL program more strict?? How much of my/our money are they going to spend on this?
It's a high profile problem so it's getting addressed now. Not saying that it's an IMPORTANT problem, but it's high profile.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #56
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Yup, and again, its really a failure of parental responsibility and instilling some sense of responsiblitiy in teenagers.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #57
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
Yup, and again, its really a failure of parental responsibility and instilling some sense of responsiblitiy in teenagers.
Horsecrap! You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him responsible.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #58
LTb1ow

I beg to differ.

Making a kid pay for his car will make him respect it more than if mommy/daddy give him a set of wheels.

But, on the flip side, you put more than more teenager together in a car and all bets off.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #59
Featherburner

Quote:
I beg to differ.

Making a kid pay for his car will make him respect it more than if mommy/daddy give him a set of wheels.

But, on the flip side, you put more than more teenager together in a car and all bets off.
Begging wont make you right. I bought my car, paid my insurance, bought my gas and made all my repairs. My parents were the model of responsibility. Let's just say I was less than a responsible driver well into my 20's. It was a different time and atmosphere but still...
Old 04-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #60
LTb1ow

I know, I just refuse to accept that kids these days are worse drivers than earlier.

IDK, I mean how the hell do some of these kids manage to cause the accidents they get in? Like wtf where they doing?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #61
NastyEllEssWon

i was forced to buy my own car, wait till i was 18 to register and insure it myself and by that time all the work i put in doing all that it wasnt really worth it to me to go cruising around causing ruckus and that was in my first 86 camaro 305.

moral of the story.

if i didnt have to put in all the hard work to get the car i wouldnt have appreciated it as much and in turn wouldve probably beaten the living hell out of the car or worse....crashing
Old 04-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #62
baddest434
8 Second Club

Quote:
I know, I just refuse to accept that kids these days are worse drivers than earlier.

IDK, I mean how the hell do some of these kids manage to cause the accidents they get in? Like wtf where they doing?
kids are worse nowadays then they were years ago. why? years ago not everyone had a cell phone to talk or text while they were driving and the fast and the furious was'nt out yet. i blame it all on those F&F movies.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #63
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post
kids are worse nowadays then they were years ago. why? years ago not everyone had a cell phone to talk or text while they were driving and the fast and the furious was'nt out yet. i blame it all on those F&F movies.

Noooo, not every little kiddie drives a sweet civic.

But I see your point, lots of added things to mess with...
Old 04-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #64
Mike
BadMod

cd's, dvd's, cell phones, more congestion, less care given in drivers education, nicer/faster cars at more accessible prices. lots of factors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 04-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #65
LTb1ow

Well I hope this "sticker" idea helps out, tired of reading of teenage drivers killing car loads of kids.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #66
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
moral of the story.

if i didnt have to put in all the hard work to get the car i wouldnt have appreciated it as much and in turn wouldve probably beaten the living hell out of the car or worse....crashing
You know yourself better than anyone else, so if you think that its probably true. Not all kids are like that though. I'm not ashamed to admit that my parents bought my 1st two camaros, both were pretty cheap but amazing to me. I never disrespected the cars because they were bought for me, and I never have and never will drive like an ass. If anything, I treated those two cars with more care than the cars I have payments on, because I didn't want to disrespect my parents.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #67
91chevywt

The issue is more about driving education and parenting. Its the same idea with cell phone and seat belt usage. People should wear their seat belt or use their cell phone when appropriate because they believe so...not out of fear of getting a ticket. When big brother has to tell you what to do its already gone too far. NJ already has what I believe to be the most strict driving laws in the country.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #68
Frosty

Wait until they want to tag your car if you've had a DUI, or if you've had too many tickets or if you've been in too many accidents.....

To tag an innocent child's car because of what they MIGHT do is ludicrous but since it's in the name of "saving kids" people sheepishly go with it.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 04-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #69
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
cd's, dvd's, cell phones, more congestion, less care given in drivers education, nicer/faster cars at more accessible prices. lots of factors
All true, plus cars just were not as fast 'back in the day'. My first car was a 76 Camaro with a 350/4bbl and a TH350. OD lets you got a lot faster. You young guys take stock 13 second cars for granted, but cars have never been as fast as they are today. They didn't handle as well either, which also slowed you down. Hitting a tree at 40 is better than hitting a tree at 75. Add that to these reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
To tag an innocent child's car because of what they MIGHT do is ludicrous but since it's in the name of "saving kids" people sheepishly go with it.
With all due respect, bulls**t. They are not "innocent children". They are young adults driving 4000+pound death machines that in 98 out of every 100 cases they are incapable of driving. And stats always prove that young people & accidents go hand in hand, partly (probably a big part) due to inexperience, partly due to a stupid feeling of invincibility. Hell, just look at the wannabe street racer idiots. You can tell them until the earth explodes it is dangerous and stupid, but its always "hey, **** off, we're race car drivers". Right, and I'm the King of Siam.

I agree with the provisional license concept. The problem is how to enforce it. I'm not sure a sticker/marker is helpful, but there needs to be some way to keep kids honest while not simultaneously giving cops the legal to pull over any car with a kid driving just because he's a kid.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #70
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
All true, plus cars just were not as fast 'back in the day'. My first car was a 76 Camaro with a 350/4bbl and a TH350. OD lets you got a lot faster. You young guys take stock 13 second cars for granted, but cars have never been as fast as they are today. They didn't handle as well either, which also slowed you down. Hitting a tree at 40 is better than hitting a tree at 75. Add that to these reasons.

With all due respect, bulls**t. They are not "innocent children". They are young adults driving 4000+pound death machines that in 98 out of every 100 cases they are incapable of driving. And stats always prove that young people & accidents go hand in hand, partly (probably a big part) due to inexperience, partly due to a stupid feeling of invincibility. Hell, just look at the wannabe street racer idiots. You can tell them until the earth explodes it is dangerous and stupid, but its always "hey, **** off, we're race car drivers". Right, and I'm the King of Siam.

I agree with the provisional license concept. The problem is how to enforce it. I'm not sure a sticker/marker is helpful, but there needs to be some way to keep kids honest while not simultaneously giving cops the legal to pull over any car with a kid driving just because he's a kid.

I agree. 100%
Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #71
Frosty

So because someone is young you tag them with a "warning" to other drivers because peers in their age group feel invincible?

You know what, I hope someone causes an accident trying to avoid a vehicle that had one of those stickers on it, I really do.

I petition we mark ANYONE that had had a DUI before, after all they very well could be drunk and could cause an accident. Next we'll sticker someone who has received a ticket for talking on a cell phone while driving, after all they very well could repeat that action and cause an accident because they're talking on it again. After we're done that we'll sticker anyone that had had more than 2 accidents in their lives, I mean they must be an accident magnet and very well could put my life in danger.

My example may be a little extreme but what's to stop that? I mean if a "statistic" gets out of control then why not?

...and yes that younger driver IS innocent, they committed no crime, broke no law, violated no rule. Maybe DMV should get rid of their ridiculous "ok, lets drive around a quiet side street" test and take these kids out on 295 or 130 during rush hour, THAT'S a driving test.

Quote:
I agree. 100%
Didn't you just have to go to court and get a ticket reduced for doing something you shouldn't have been doing?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 04-17-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #72
LTb1ow

No one said I was a saint on the road. And I am not in the age group, so Ha! I successfully survived the most dangerous part of my life.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #73
Frosty

Touche

Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #74
LTb1ow

They should really make a chip or something in the keys given to young people that puts the car into "teenage driver mode". And or not being able to run after a time period etc.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #75
Frosty

Oh please tell me you're kidding....

Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge