Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1978 View Post
i am for the legislation, however, they did just find the exact chemical within marijuana that helps in the medical field. This is a big plus for the medical marijuana fighters, a big hit for the people who want it legalized for more nefarious causes. Although i dont smoke, a lot of my friends do, and i do not consider it a drug drug, for recreational use it could be taxed which is what we need, it could open jobs, and there could still be driving and smoking regulations like there are about booze. Although i did find it ironic that my friends and i spent most of 4/20 talking about business, politics, theological debates as well as quantum and theoretical physics...yeah we're cool lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
I personally dont smoke, and i think potheads are 3rd class citizens, but THC and its derivatives are one of the most beneficial compounds ever discovered, all the benefits and a shred of the side effects compared to other drugs used that THC can cover... Nasty, i'm gonna have to disagree with you on the job thing, I believe, especially in NJ where there are LOTS of Fortune 1000 companies based, that it will hurt jobs... Why buy an appetite enhancer, pain killer, sleep aid, arthritis reliever, cognitive relaxer, stomach relaxer, etc from all different companies when you can buy 1 medicine down the street at the shop next to the local 7-11 for much cheaper, easier, and with less side effects?.... I think it will cripple pharma companies in NJ
I would bet that Pharma will find a way to extract the necessary chemical structures from MJ and concentrate them for more effective use. Squirrel, kinda like how supp companies process creatine. You can get it via a steak but in order to get a useful dosage you need it more pure and refined.

PS to everybody, thanks for keeping this civil and on topic.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #27
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
I would bet that Pharma will find a way to extract the necessary chemical structures from MJ and concentrate them for more effective use. Squirrel, kinda like how supp companies process creatine. You can get it via a steak but in order to get a useful dosage you need it more pure and refined.

Yea but the supp market is far from being overseen by a regulating group. More regulations would be lame.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #28
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Quote:

Well THC has been processed for medicinal use for decades, but theres only so many ways to skin a cat IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Yea but the supp market is far from being overseen by a regulating group. More regulations would be lame.
This too, the supp companies laugh all the way to the bank at the FDA lol, i have stuff in my closet that is lethal to an un-informed person haha
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #29
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

I had a great time on 420........NYIAS BOOOOOO YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #30
jts98z28

it should definitely be legalized imo cigarettes are 1000x worse than marijuana
jts98z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #31
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

It's getting to the point where we need to look at it from the point of view if fighting it is really worth the money and effort. I can see where it gets legalized for medicinal purposes but it will be tough to see it get legalized across the board. There are plenty of arguments both ways but changing perceptions and opinions will be tough. If people are willing to pay the huge tax on cigarettes, they will most likely be willing to pay a big tax on mj as well.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #32
Slow-V6

Also I was in the Navy for 10 yrs and I cant imagine what would happen if they made it legal and you can go into a WaWa and get a pack of Pot cigs when it is Zero Tolerance in the military for drugs like pot!!
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #33
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
Also I was in the Navy for 10 yrs and I cant imagine what would happen if they made it legal and you can go into a WaWa and get a pack of Pot cigs when it is Zero Tolerance in the military for drugs like pot!!
The same thing would happen if you came back from liberty reeking of alcohol and underage...

Routine drug tests would have no problem deterring something if you signed a contract agreeing to not use.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #34
Frosty

Quote:
The same thing would happen if you came back from liberty reeking of alcohol and underage...

Routine drug tests would have no problem deterring something if you signed a contract agreeing to not use.
Ding ding ding ding.

Also, who said anything about going to Wawa to get weed? I would like to think the government on federal/state/local levels would have strict oversight just like alcohol. They would have dispensaries. Can you go to Wawa and get alcohol?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #35
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Ding ding ding ding.

Also, who said anything about going to Wawa to get weed? I would like to think the government on federal/state/local levels would have strict oversight just like alcohol. They would have dispensaries. Can you go to Wawa and get alcohol?

in california you can buy alcohol at 7-11
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #36
Frosty

I know that, same with some other states, just not around here. It all depends on state and local governments.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 04-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #37
WildBillyT

Quote:
I know that, same with some other states, just not around here. It all depends on state and local governments.
You PA guys have it rough that way.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #38
Frosty

Eh, I'm not really a beer fan so it's no loss here. I'd rather just got to a local wine&spirits shop to get what I need.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #39
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
But, legalization would mean the govt. has been misleading me with lies all these years?

Weed won't kill me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0YtPi2QZSY

I feel betrayed.
Guess you haven't seen ads for alcohol and cigs?

Legalize it, tax it, make it happen. Still would be illegal to be under the influence.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #40
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Guess you haven't seen ads for alcohol and cigs?

Legalize it, tax it, make it happen. Still would be illegal to be under the influence.

its not illegal to be high. just possessing it.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #41
WildBillyT

Quote:
Eh, I'm not really a beer fan so it's no loss here. I'd rather just got to a local wine&spirits shop to get what I need.
I can buy beer, wine, and liqour and all of my groceries at the same place on a Sunday morning- and all on the same reciept
Old 04-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #42
LTb1ow

Quote:
I can buy beer, wine, and liqour and all of my groceries at the same place on a Sunday morning- and all on the same reciept
And I believe NJ is trying to expand the ability for most supermarkets and restaurant to sell alcohol.

Gotta love taking advantage of a slump in the economy by taxing more of the stuff depressed people use.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #43
Slow-V6

Quote:

Its not against navy policy to drink and get drunk as long as you are like you said 21, on liberty, and not at work.. When you are away from US waters like in the Med you can drink alcohol as long as you are 18.. And I know a few people who got caught drinking under age ( like myself) and we just got a slap on the hand for it.. Most of the chiefs and bosses in the navy say if you are old enough to die for your country @ 18yrs old then you should be old enough to drink as well.

You would be surprised on how many people get kicked out of the Navy for using Pot.. Thats the way the Navy WEEDS out the idiots who still smoke pot even though we get drugged tested sometimes 2-3 times a month.. If they make it legal to buy and smoke Pot then most of them who got kicked out with dishonorable discharge due to smoking pot would have a case to get that changed to a other then or Honorable dishcharge and may even get to come back in the military..

I am for making it legal as it will make the goverment money but there are alot of nagative effects as well that they better look at before doing so..

Quote:
Ding ding ding ding.

. Can you go to Wawa and get alcohol?
When I was station is Virginia Beach the WaWa's down there had Beer, Wine and some alcohol in them..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/

Last edited by Slow-V6; 04-22-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #44
Tsar
MIR

After they legalize it, someone is gonna attempt to legalize something else - perhaps something "harder". They will say "well, you legalized mj, this is just as harmless under controlled conditions" and a new **** storm will ensure.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #45
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
After they legalize it, someone is gonna attempt to legalize something else - perhaps something "harder". They will say "well, you legalized mj, this is just as harmless under controlled conditions" and a new **** storm will ensure.
I never saw you as a slippery slope type. lol

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #46
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
I never saw you as a slippery slope type. lol
Interesting, what type did you picture me as? Surely not a stoner?!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #47
BonzoHansen
Admin.

More of a personal responsibility, hey control yourself a**hole type. No, def not a stoner.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #48
Frosty

Tsar, you're right....it's a slippery slope. With that said alcohol should be banned. Oh wait, we tried that and it failed miserably lol

Jeff, I know in other areas you can get alcohol in Wawa's and convenience stores. I meant up here.

It's still a reach saying you'd be able to buy weed at a local store.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #49
Tsar
MIR

I think I'm one of those too. I've also ran into a few stoner types, and we generally don't get along, so I'm not a big fan of mj to begin with. Maybe it's the whole "personality" thing, who knows. I just know that wouldn't magically start smoking it if they made it legal, it provides absolutely no benefits to me. And I do honestly believe in the slippery slope argument.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #50
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
well... in the early 1900's you could find heroin in a sears catalog
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge