Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-23-2004, 12:45 PM   #51
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****OnWheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidz28
I could also operate a camera. be the guy who gets coffee food whatever. Also i could maybe throw some money in if needbe. im not saying a lot but def something with no more then 3 numbers. IE: 100-700.
I'll take $700
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:48 PM   #52
twiztidz28

yes please someone give me $700 also.

Oh wait that was me who said that. The money would be going to cost of tapes and things for the show if needed.

Hey Miss ****. Everyone always wants something for nothing. But few are willing to give anything back.

Chuck

Someone help me fix the rattles in my car Please.
twiztidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:11 PM   #53
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidz28
yes please someone give me $700 also.

Oh wait that was me who said that. The money would be going to cost of tapes and things for the show if needed.

Hey Miss ****. Everyone always wants something for nothing. But few are willing to give anything back.
Then it wouldn't be "something for nothing" if I gave something back, now would it?
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:22 PM   #54
twiztidz28

if you are refering to anything along the lines of this or maybe this i dont want it. But if its anything else i might accept the offer. 8)

Chuck

Old 09-23-2004, 05:54 PM   #55
jims69camaro

thanks for the offer of the 7 bills. i am sure it will cover all of our expenses, as other than tapes and food for the filming days, and justin&garret's expenses for editing (will there be any?) i can't imagine much else.

the list of volunteers and donated stuff is climbing. i am fairly confident we could begin shooting as soon as we get Big Al's garage cleaned out. people's availability will be the next issue to conquer.

i am available on a 24 hour notice. for example, if we decided to shoot tomorrow at 7m, i could be there.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:50 PM   #56
bencar

I've got an idea, it's not a soup it up thing, it's how to touch up the detailing on your car's engine project. I'm always finding little spots where the engine paint has chipped, peeled, gotten discolored, or burned off, and therefore I'm retouching things from time to time. I know this isn't a biggie, but for the guys and gals who like that clean look, detailing, and keeping that look, is something they might want to know about. I can easily supply the items needed for that kind of demo
bencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:24 AM   #57
BigAls87Z28

Detailing could deffinatly be one of the shows. We could recomend a cleaning product, even if we dont get paid for it.

I suggest that we start off at something like changing the oil and the steps you take to go about doing it right. We need to act like we are talking to 5 year olds, cause thats how people really think.

We should have a whole show dedicated to how to take care to your car, and things you can do to make sure you have a long happy life with your car.

We could even have a show dedicated to drive train, and what the difference between FWD, RWD, and AWD.

There are many different angles we can take on this.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:48 AM   #58
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
Detailing could deffinatly be one of the shows. We could recomend a cleaning product, even if we dont get paid for it.

I suggest that we start off at something like changing the oil and the steps you take to go about doing it right. We need to act like we are talking to 5 year olds, cause thats how people really think.

We should have a whole show dedicated to how to take care to your car, and things you can do to make sure you have a long happy life with your car.

We could even have a show dedicated to drive train, and what the difference between FWD, RWD, and AWD.

Actually, I was thinking of something more along the lines of simply retouching the paint on one's engine, and a few of the simple but effective tricks I use to do that. If you want to get into exterior paint detailing, you might even be able to get a company like Mequiars to help out, either by donating product, or literature on it
Old 09-24-2004, 09:45 AM   #59
jims69camaro

Quote:

this is why i want you on storyboard. along with the others that want to participate, i am sure you'll come up with a decent format. we could even incorporate computer graphics to explain things, ala PHRtv.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-24-2004, 11:24 AM   #60
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro
Quote:

this is why i want you on storyboard. along with the others that want to participate, i am sure you'll come up with a decent format. we could even incorporate computer graphics to explain things, ala PHRtv.
You mean me, or 'Big Al?' No problem if you meant me too, just wanted to know. I have a few contacts with places like Eastwood, Hemmings, and occassionally Mequiars, maybe that would help.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:42 PM   #61
twiztidz28

for detaling the exterior paint i have all ways been partial to formula 113. or big willies detail. both are kind of local one guy is in ny and big willy is in NJ. Big willy is also in a wheel chair and i am sure he will be more then willing to send some products. He is a good friend of Craig the owner of Topo Customs. He creates cars for movies celebs for car shows. he does all of wyclef's cars and countless other celebs. maybe i can see what he can help us with. he is working on my friends lexus sc400 now and is a real cool guy with a lot off pull and contacts.

Chuck

Old 09-24-2004, 02:18 PM   #62
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Wanna make a group purchase of my car and use it as a long-term project. Sorta like Project Super-Nova?
Old 09-24-2004, 04:03 PM   #63
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
Wanna make a group purchase of my car and use it as a long-term project. Sorta like Project Super-Nova?
um no...but how bout we do a GP on my 4th gen it would probably be as expensive as what your asking for your car and within a few weeks would probably be faster
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:29 PM   #64
bencar

Here's another one of those, 'just a thought' things. I had mentioned Mequiars because I have personal experience with their 'Professional' numbered series products for over 10 years now, and they also work great. Maybe we could do a comparison detailing series.

Like I said, just a thought, not a requirement
Old 09-25-2004, 01:07 AM   #65
jims69camaro

keep the ideas coming. i had meant al for the storyboard, as i know he has the kind of brain that works that way. not to exclude you - the opposite, in fact - if you wanted to participate then there is only to get with al when he holds the storyboard meetings.

btw, that is my attitude throughout. if you want to participate, and you know when the meeting for such-and-such is being held, then get your butt out there and participate. i would never exclude anyone from active participation.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-25-2004, 01:15 AM   #66
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencar
Here's another one of those, 'just a thought' things. I had mentioned Mequiars because I have personal experience with their 'Professional' numbered series products for over 10 years now, and they also work great. Maybe we could do a comparison detailing series.

i only have one concern with this, and that's that both companies involved give us thier ok to do a comparo. some companies don't like being pitted against the competition, as they don't fare so well...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-25-2004, 06:19 AM   #67
jims69camaro

UPDATED 9-25-04

TPI Monte SS: personality (co-host), vehicle, logistics, storyboard

Justin: camera operator, editting

Twiztid: IFC channel hookup (wife's friend is a VP), fix the rattles on his car, please

Amy: severe availablity problems, but would like to help out

skorpion317: would like to donate a plastic bag or a rubber band or something seriously, get involved where you can. we need you, as well as anyone else who wants to participate.

SilverTransAm: camera

Bencar: personality (co-host), vehicle - detailing the engine bay or side-by-side exterior detailing products

TransAm4Life: tripod, mass production (if we go this route, he needs the discs) and offered up his car. now, the second half of the equation he didn't tell us - what project he can handle footing the bill for. if you want sub-frame connectors installed on your car, you buy the SFCs and we film the installation. CAI: you buy it, we film it and install it. cool?

Big Al: storyboard, garage?

btw: tim, foff667, Ian and Garrett (who hasn't seen this yet? justin, if you could, get a message to him to see if this is something he wants in on): maybe you guys want to sit down with Big Al and come up with the storyboard? i'm hoping you'll all be available for the day(s) of filming, as well, as i know your combined experience can benefit this project.

anyone else, who isn't previously mentioned, that would like to contribute, we'd be appreciative. as for questions to ask about the production, i wouldn't know where to start. i think we're off to a good start, and setting spring as the readiness date is a good goal.

anyone who would like to get involved, please think seriously about this. as you can see, this is not just a passing phase - it's a serious project that is being taking seriously by several, myself included. while we are a ways off from actually filming, there is no reason why you couldn't help out with some of the behind-the-scenes-stuff. i will not hold anyone's feet to the fire - participation is strictly voluntary and no one should feel obligated to help out.

i think it would be a cool idea if one of the females could jump in as co-host. how many car shows have you seen with a female co-host that was more than just fluff or window-dressing? by participating in this capacity, you would have the same responsibilities as one of the other co-hosts, which would include time in front of the camera. think about it.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-25-2004, 08:55 AM   #68
bencar

Quote:
Quote:

i only have one concern with this, and that's that both companies involved give us thier ok to do a comparo. some companies don't like being pitted against the competition, as they don't fare so well...
I had planned on telling my contact at Mequiars that we would be doing a comparison
Old 09-25-2004, 09:02 AM   #69
bencar

Quote:
keep the ideas coming. i had meant al for the storyboard, as i know he has the kind of brain that works that way. not to exclude you - the opposite, in fact - if you wanted to participate then there is only to get with al when he holds the storyboard meetings.

btw, that is my attitude throughout. if you want to participate, and you know when the meeting for such-and-such is being held, then get your butt out there and participate. i would never exclude anyone from active participation.
I didn't think you were intending to exclude anyone, I just wasn't sure who you were referring to. I'll do my best in regards to meetings, but if for any reason my schedule prevents me from making a meeting-Can we do phone conferencing? I don't want to miss out on something, just because I wasn't able to make a meeting
Old 09-25-2004, 09:07 AM   #70
bencar

Quote:
UPDATED 9-25-04

TPI Monte SS: personality (co-host), vehicle, logistics, storyboard

Justin: camera operator, editting

Twiztid: IFC channel hookup (wife's friend is a VP), fix the rattles on his car, please

Amy: severe availablity problems, but would like to help out

skorpion317: would like to donate a plastic bag or a rubber band or something seriously, get involved where you can. we need you, as well as anyone else who wants to participate.

SilverTransAm: camera

Bencar: personality (co-host), vehicle - detailing the engine bay or side-by-side exterior detailing products

TransAm4Life: tripod, mass production (if we go this route, he needs the discs) and offered up his car. now, the second half of the equation he didn't tell us - what project he can handle footing the bill for. if you want sub-frame connectors installed on your car, you buy the SFCs and we film the installation. CAI: you buy it, we film it and install it. cool?

Big Al: storyboard, garage?

btw: tim, foff667, Ian and Garrett (who hasn't seen this yet? justin, if you could, get a message to him to see if this is something he wants in on): maybe you guys want to sit down with Big Al and come up with the storyboard? i'm hoping you'll all be available for the day(s) of filming, as well, as i know your combined experience can benefit this project.

anyone else, who isn't previously mentioned, that would like to contribute, we'd be appreciative. as for questions to ask about the production, i wouldn't know where to start. i think we're off to a good start, and setting spring as the readiness date is a good goal.

anyone who would like to get involved, please think seriously about this. as you can see, this is not just a passing phase - it's a serious project that is being taking seriously by several, myself included. while we are a ways off from actually filming, there is no reason why you couldn't help out with some of the behind-the-scenes-stuff. i will not hold anyone's feet to the fire - participation is strictly voluntary and no one should feel obligated to help out.

i think it would be a cool idea if one of the females could jump in as co-host. how many car shows have you seen with a female co-host that was more than just fluff or window-dressing? by participating in this capacity, you would have the same responsibilities as one of the other co-hosts, which would include time in front of the camera. think about it.
Kudos on the last item, I agree, let's show em that the women can be just as invovled as the guys are. We know that, now we can show everyone else that it's true
Old 09-25-2004, 12:27 PM   #71
jims69camaro

Quote:
Quote:

I didn't think you were intending to exclude anyone, I just wasn't sure who you were referring to. I'll do my best in regards to meetings, but if for any reason my schedule prevents me from making a meeting-Can we do phone conferencing? I don't want to miss out on something, just because I wasn't able to make a meeting
good idea. another, since we all use the computer, would be an aol chatroom meeting - just to keep the ones who were unable to attend a face-to-face meeting in the groove.

i think there is much to be said about being in a room with a bunch of other individuals. the ideas tend to flow better, there is a better opportunity to illustrate your idea and a good time is usually had by all. of course, people's schedules conflict, and that should be kept in mind when trying to schedule a meeting. be as flexible as possible, but don't hold up progress - that's how i look at it.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-25-2004, 03:04 PM   #72
bencar

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

good idea. another, since we all use the computer, would be an aol chatroom meeting - just to keep the ones who were unable to attend a face-to-face meeting in the groove.

i think there is much to be said about being in a room with a bunch of other individuals. the ideas tend to flow better, there is a better opportunity to illustrate your idea and a good time is usually had by all. of course, people's schedules conflict, and that should be kept in mind when trying to schedule a meeting. be as flexible as possible, but don't hold up progress - that's how i look at it.
I definitely want to be at as many face-to-face meetings as I can, but I'm also being realistic, in that I live a good 30-40 miles north of most of you folks, and especially on a weeknight, might have a problem in being able to get to a meeting. That said, I'd prefer phone contact for those times when I'm unable to make it to a meeting, versus anything involving typing, like I often say, I talk better than I type . If a 'Chatroom' is easier on everyone, then I'll go with that. Bottom line, I want this thing to succeed, I don't want to be that guy I've hated in every other Club I've been in, the one who promises, and then fails to deliver, or his counterpart, the 'roadblock' guy, who finds more ways then you can imagine to throw 'Monkey Wrenches' into the works. Hopefully 30 years in this hobby has taught me a few good lessons I can build on
Old 09-26-2004, 12:04 AM   #73
jims69camaro

Quote:
I want this thing to succeed, I don't want to be that guy I've hated in every other Club I've been in, the one who promises, and then fails to deliver, or his counterpart, the 'roadblock' guy, who finds more ways then you can imagine to throw 'Monkey Wrenches' into the works. Hopefully 30 years in this hobby has taught me a few good lessons I can build on[/b]
i'm counting on it. your attitude is refreshing and infectious. were your ears ringing? we were talking about you tonight.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-26-2004, 06:59 AM   #74
bencar

Quote:
Quote:
I want this thing to succeed, I don't want to be that guy I've hated in every other Club I've been in, the one who promises, and then fails to deliver, or his counterpart, the 'roadblock' guy, who finds more ways then you can imagine to throw 'Monkey Wrenches' into the works. Hopefully 30 years in this hobby has taught me a few good lessons I can build on[/b]
i'm counting on it. your attitude is refreshing and infectious. were your ears ringing? we were talking about you tonight.
So that's why my ears were ringing! And here I thought it was because I'd smacked my head on the undercarriage of my 'Daily Driver' I was working on .

In regards to my attitude, I suppose you could say that when you really enjoy something, it shows. I may not have museum quality cars, but I have a passion for this hobby that exceeds what I have, it's just that I lack the with what to do much. Hopefully, with the collective effort of all, we can really do something worthwhile here
Old 09-27-2004, 01:29 AM   #75
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Hopefully, with the collective effort of all, we can really do something worthwhile here

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge