Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation

Notices

Old 01-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

SEMA Driving Force Online 1/14/2015

CLIMBING CAPITOL HILL

New Ally for Auto Hobby Welcomed by the SAN
My name is Eric Snyder and I began working in SEMA’s Government Affairs office in October, 2014, as the Congressional Affairs Manager. With my colleagues in D.C., I will serve as an advocate before the U.S. Congress to advance the issues important to the vast enthusiast community represented by the SAN. Previously, I worked for the state of New Jersey as the legislative advocate for the New Jersey Departments of Treasury and Labor. The move back to Washington has been a smooth transition for me, since I lived in the area from 2005 to 2009. (Read More)

Legislative Front Lines
Click here for the complete list of Legislative Alerts
SEMA SAN Strike Force

David Alkire's passion for the internal combustion engine started out of necessity when repairs to farm equipment transitioned to dirt bike rebuilds and then to modifications to his first vehicle—a ‘76 Chevy truck. Simple upgrades like stereos eventually lead to performance wheels, headers, carburetor, mufflers, “double-hump” heads and a cam. Today, the Georgia resident can be commonly found enjoying his ‘56 Chevy ‘gasser’ on the quarter mile strip at nearby Atlanta Dragway.

Editor’s note: Special thanks to David for appearing as a guest columnist. Good luck in your new role as a blogger!
My name is David Alkire and I am the new care taker and general throttle man of the legislative blog known as “The Engine.” I am a certifiable car guy that can routinely be found in my garage late at night, after the family is in bed, wrenching on my ‘56 Chevy ‘gasser’. I have been in the restoration industry for 15 years and a car guy for 30 years which, as it turns out, is an illness with no known cure.
Recently, I have become more aware of how government can impact each and every level of our hobby. In previous installments of the blog, the need to be an informed and active voter was stressed, which includes knowing what is going on in your hobby from a political standpoint. The midterm elections have concluded and it appears that many of you voted. Now what?
There is little disagreement that the federal government as it stands now will remain a divided, dysfunctional group for the foreseeable future. But... and this is a big but, don’t let the smoke screen (think small block Chevy with clapped out valve stem seals and a serious case of blow by) of the absurd inability of the federal government to get high profile, news worthy laws enacted blind you. The fact is that there are things taking place at the state and local levels that have potentially even more serious ramifications. Cumulatively, these actions can wreak havoc on our community and your ability to build, drive and modify your vehicle.
Fortunately, there is a place that you can go to view what is going on politically and that is the SEMA Action Network (SAN) website (www.semasan.com). Truly, it can’t get any easier to get relevant automotive-related political information. You owe it to yourself and our next generation of hot rodders to become aware of what is going on in Washington and in the state capitals. Changes there can and will affect our hobby and our freedoms. Life is an active participation sport. Are you in?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation