Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
198esp1

nnjr scca 10/6/12 recap

This was points event #5 for me this season. I need to go to one more race to qualify for the year end championship. I have had a good year so far winning all 5 races in CP, If you include the northeast divisional race im 6 for 6. This weekend I had a pretty good compatition from a guy from CT.in a 94 camaro. At the end of the day I pulled ahead to win by 1.335, then it was another 2.378 over the 2 time defending nnjr champion. Out of 100 cars I had the 12th fastest raw time. I usally wouldnt be to happy with that but this weekend
had 12 current or past national champions in the field. I was struggling early in the day and decided to have the current Super stock national champ GJ Dixion drive my car, just to see if i could pickup some time. Well I was in for a real eye opener he was 2sec faster then my best time I had at that point. That was with never driving my car except for the 2 runs he took, impresive to say the least. So after talking to GJ to pick his brain I went out and dropped 1.5 to be within 4tenths of GJ. In the afternoon heat I was able to actualy beat GJ's time by 1 tenth. Im positive with more seat time GJ gould have got my car into the 54's so Im still leaving a second or more out on track. One more event left for me this season , hopefully I can rember some of the stuff GJ and I talked about.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X