Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 02-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
ws6 jim

Engine Bay Dress Up Scheme Help

Okay I have some but not all of the pieces for my engine bay overhaul I am doing. My car is navy blue so I am combining anodized blue with polished and brushed pieces to really break up the monotony, but really match and work off of each other.

Heres my plan and what I have so far.
I have all of the specialized stainless pieces covers and bolt kit in brushed stainless.
I also have a polished strut bar and typhoon intake manifold with polished 85mm tb

I am getting the all of the caps and maf ends in blue anodized to accent to the color of the car. I am also getting polished aluminum fuel rail covers that specifically fit the intake.

Heres where my problem lies and where I would like your opinion to finish off the bay.

The intake itself is not a perfect polished unit with a few scratches so I want to have it powdercoated candy blue so the metal finish shows through and acts as the heart of the engine bay.

My problem is that the fuel rails are blue and also not in perfect cosmetic shape, the strut bar mounting brackets came only in red, and the FIPK plate is wrinkle black.

So in order to bring it all together do you think I should have the pieces I just mentioned powedercoated in plain silver brushed like finish given my previously mentioned plans. Also do you think the throttle boddy would look odd if I left it polished given the intake manifold would be candy blue and the maf ends would be blue. Thanks for reading all of that and please give your input. And if you can't visiualize everything I have going on I don't blame you I'm trying to work it all out and I have the car and a lot of the pieces in front of me.

I am also working on the interior at the same time with same color combination and accomplish the same continuity, but thats another day.
2001 XJ SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!
ws6 jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
edpontiac91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6 jim View Post
Okay I have some but not all of the pieces for my engine bay overhaul I am doing. My car is navy blue so I am combining anodized blue with polished and brushed pieces to really break up the monotony, but really match and work off of each other.

Heres my plan and what I have so far.
I have all of the specialized stainless pieces covers and bolt kit in brushed stainless.
I also have a polished strut bar and typhoon intake manifold with polished 85mm tb

I am getting the all of the caps and maf ends in blue anodized to accent to the color of the car. I am also getting polished aluminum fuel rail covers that specifically fit the intake.

Heres where my problem lies and where I would like your opinion to finish off the bay.

The intake itself is not a perfect polished unit with a few scratches so I want to have it powdercoated candy blue so the metal finish shows through and acts as the heart of the engine bay.

My problem is that the fuel rails are blue and also not in perfect cosmetic shape, the strut bar mounting brackets came only in red, and the FIPK plate is wrinkle black.

So in order to bring it all together do you think I should have the pieces I just mentioned powedercoated in plain silver brushed like finish given my previously mentioned plans. Also do you think the throttle boddy would look odd if I left it polished given the intake manifold would be candy blue and the maf ends would be blue. Thanks for reading all of that and please give your input. And if you can't visiualize everything I have going on I don't blame you I'm trying to work it all out and I have the car and a lot of the pieces in front of me.

I am also working on the interior at the same time with same color combination and accomplish the same continuity, but thats another day.
Polished throttle body would look great if left alone(nice accent point)and the other parts I would do in silver powder coating. Silver and chrome always look good with ANY color combination.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
HardcoreZ28

It's really a matter of personal preference....I think the blue and polished would look good together as would polished and silver or even polished and black. Whatever you decide, if you're going to be doing any powdercoat and need someone to do it PM me and we can talk about pricing. I can do those mount brackets in another color besides red for you as well so they don't stick out so bad.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
ws6 jim

pm sent hardcore
2001 XJ SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!
ws6 jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
01SS

They do have anodized spraypaint for the touch up. I have not used it yet so cant say anything about the quality or look of it though. So if you try it definitly try it on a test piece.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
//<86TA>\\
Power Member

polished looks great, but is a real PITA to keep that way. I've got a cast aluminum/stainless/silver thing going under my hood, functional and low maintenance.
________
Ipad Accessories

Last edited by //<86TA>\\; 05-04-2011 at 06:14 PM.
//<86TA>\\ is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance