Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
jims69camaro

WANTED: el camino, gmc sprint

needs to be in at least driver status.

the plan includes a complete restoration and a big block based off of a 454 block. tow package a definite plus.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
88BluBird

what are you willing to spend? and what year are you lookin for i have a 1980 thats in great shape ..i just restored the interior..let me know..i want $4000 for mine..you can ask Josh from JSperformance or 00ls1 they both know the car..

Last edited by 88BluBird; 10-09-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
The Fixer

I saw a really nice '87 Sprint a few weeks ago up here in Bergen County for sale. It's two-toned silver/black, with some nice rims, a bone-stock 305, and a clean gray split-bench interior. The frame and floorpans looked mint, and I think it only had ~70K miles on it. Shoot me a PM and I can give you the kid's number. Not sure what he was looking for $$-wise; he was just a kid and really didn't know what he had.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...

Last edited by The Fixer; 10-09-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

there was one for sale in forked river as of a few months ago I don't know if it still was. It was a 80s sprint I'm pretty sure. 400 ci, 4000 bucks, 80somethingk miles i think, grey/silver with red stripes. I might still have an autoshopper with it in it but I doubt it. I could tell ya where he's located though since you're close enough to check.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM

Last edited by Anti_Rice_Guy; 10-09-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Used to be a 71-72 ElCo SS in Flemington under a tarp. Off of main street. I'll drive by and see if it's still there. Hasn't moved in YEARS.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #6
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
there was one for sale in forked river as of a few months ago I don't know if it still was. It was a 80s sprint I'm pretty sure. 400 ci, 4000 bucks, 80somethingk miles i think, grey/silver with red stripes. I might still have an autoshopper with it in it but I doubt it. I could tell ya where he's located though since you're close enough to check.
i also saw that car in the 'shopper. he wanted 14g for a 30% restoration. no good. thanks, though.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Used to be a 71-72 ElCo SS in Flemington under a tarp. Off of main street. I'll drive by and see if it's still there. Hasn't moved in YEARS.
i'd really prefer a driver, but if they'd be willing to let it go for next to nothing, i'd hook up a truck and trailer to go get it. my wife is going to kill me. the only saving grace is that the car is for her oldest son.

p.s. if it was under a tarp, how do you know it's an SS? just curious.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Last edited by jims69camaro; 10-09-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
jims69camaro

like i said, i'd prefer a driver, but i'll consider others, dependent on price. i am not looking for someone else's idea of a barrett-jackson mint condition restoration (most of them aren't, and the owner of a rust bucket thinks it's worth 20g ).

i will look at someone else's aborted project, as those sometimes end up being the best bargains.

i don't want to spend a mint on this, as it's for my wife's oldest... i will inherit the car back eventually, which is why i would prefer a driver that i could drop a torque monster into. he's going to be using it for landscaping business, so it's ok if the bed is a little rough. that's also why a tow package is a plus, because he is going to be pulling his equipment around on a trailer.

i've got some time to find something, as he won't be released for +/- 18 months (definitely - maxxed out). the more work i can get done on it before he starts using it, the better, that way when i get it back it will be ready to be completed. that's why i am looking now.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Last edited by jims69camaro; 10-09-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:34 PM   #9
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88BluBird View Post
what are you willing to spend? and what year are you lookin for i have a 1980 thats in great shape ..i just restored the interior..let me know..i want $4000 for mine..you can ask Josh from JSperformance or 00ls1 they both know the car..
sorry, didn't mean to leave you out.

why are you selling it?

what motor is in it? trans/rear ? did you replace the interior with stock pieces or did you update/grade anything? how much of the interior did you replace, and did you use NOS or repop parts? if repop, whose parts did you use? i've been looking around a little, so i am aware of what kind of repop parts are out there. not all of them are of the best quality.

how're the floor pans? what about the bed? is the tailgate in good condition? does it have a trailer hitch?

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Last edited by jims69camaro; 10-09-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #10
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
i also saw that car in the 'shopper. he wanted 14g for a 30% restoration. no good. thanks, though.
When I saw, it was definitely 4 grand. I don't know if he changed it later. He lives in Forked River though because I rode my bike by there all the time.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 10-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #11
88BluBird

well im not really advertising it..the only reason im selling it is so i can get something with a back seat so my familiy can enjoy it as well i have a 8 week old son who i take to shows and we have to take 2 cars..as for the car itself it is in exellent shape for what it is..no rust the paint is 3 years old..although the color has been changed from 2tone blue to a pewter color..the interior has been removed with all of the pieces being dyed to match the original navy blue i installed a dash cap it really looks good..the motor is the stock 305 and is the easiest starting motor ive ever seen it has full length ceramic coated headers,an H pipe with flowmaster mufflers and dumps, i recently replaced the rear springs the rear is new as well, i BELIEVE it has an auburn pro wth 3:42`s i also have brand new in the boxes a new air conditioner,although the old one still works..barely,a new reciever/drier, shocks all the way around,just about everything for a front brake rebuild, rotor,calipers,hoses, pads, i dont have bearings and seals..i also have a 35 mm sway bar,close ratio steering box and a tilt colum from a grand national,it has center line wheels with drag radials and newer radial t/a`s in the front..now for the bad ..the inner bed has a few dents and the holes are there for an old snap style tannau cover..thats about it..let me know.. oh ant it doent have a hithch and no rust issues underneath..but it could use the rear bodymounts..they are beat not rusty..
Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #12
WildBillyT

Quote:
i'd really prefer a driver, but if they'd be willing to let it go for next to nothing, i'd hook up a truck and trailer to go get it. my wife is going to kill me. the only saving grace is that the car is for her oldest son.

p.s. if it was under a tarp, how do you know it's an SS? just curious.
Easy. I knew it was an elco and had to take a look. It wasn't covered incredibly well. Single headlight and SS badging- last time I saw it it looked like it hadn't been "messed with" so to speak.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:55 AM   #13
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
When I saw, it was definitely 4 grand. I don't know if he changed it later. He lives in Forked River though because I rode my bike by there all the time.
i don't think it's the same car, then. this one was in FR, with a 364 exchange. this guy's way '75 two-tone, white and blue, i think i remember that right. he said he had done a lot of work to it, and while it appeared on the surface that it was a good, solid ride, it had issues that should have been dealt with when the car was apart. he's one of those that thinks his car should be on BJ, selling for 50k. not.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Last edited by jims69camaro; 10-10-2007 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #14
jims69camaro

Quote:
well im not really advertising it..the only reason im selling it is so i can get something with a back seat so my familiy can enjoy it as well i have a 8 week old son who i take to shows and we have to take 2 cars..as for the car itself it is in exellent shape for what it is..no rust the paint is 3 years old..although the color has been changed from 2tone blue to a pewter color..the interior has been removed with all of the pieces being dyed to match the original navy blue i installed a dash cap it really looks good..the motor is the stock 305 and is the easiest starting motor ive ever seen it has full length ceramic coated headers,an H pipe with flowmaster mufflers and dumps, i recently replaced the rear springs the rear is new as well, i BELIEVE it has an auburn pro wth 3:42`s i also have brand new in the boxes a new air conditioner,although the old one still works..barely,a new reciever/drier, shocks all the way around,just about everything for a front brake rebuild, rotor,calipers,hoses, pads, i dont have bearings and seals..i also have a 35 mm sway bar,close ratio steering box and a tilt colum from a grand national,it has center line wheels with drag radials and newer radial t/a`s in the front..now for the bad ..the inner bed has a few dents and the holes are there for an old snap style tannau cover..thats about it..let me know.. oh ant it doent have a hithch and no rust issues underneath..but it could use the rear bodymounts..they are beat not rusty..
i think i am going to have to look at this one.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #15
jims69camaro

Quote:
Easy. I knew it was an elco and had to take a look. It wasn't covered incredibly well. Single headlight and SS badging- last time I saw it it looked like it hadn't been "messed with" so to speak.
ah, so you rolled up on it on the sneak tip. i got it. yeah, see if it's got a phone number on it, or something. if you want to, talk to the guy/owner and see if you can get some info out of him. that's if you have the time and desire. i always like to talk to people who own classics, so i would do it without a doubt, but i know not everyone's like me.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 AM   #16
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
i don't think it's the same car, then. this one was in FR, with a 364 exchange. this guy's way '75 two-tone, white and blue, i think i remember that right. he said he had done a lot of work to it, and while it appeared on the surface that it was a good, solid ride, it had issues that should have been dealt with when the car was apart. he's one of those that thinks his car should be on BJ, selling for 50k. not.
Yea this guy's is silverish w/red stripes. Seemed fairly clean whenever I saw it drive by and such. He would take it out at least once every 2 weeks so its definitely in driver status haha.
Team FARM
Old 10-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #17
88BluBird

If you are interested pm me for my # or give me yours...
Old 10-11-2007, 07:06 AM   #18
chrisfrom nj

call allstate auto salvage in standish ave in west orange ask for larry i think he still has the elcamino sitting in the back of his yard
Old 10-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #19
WildBillyT

Quote:
ah, so you rolled up on it on the sneak tip. i got it. yeah, see if it's got a phone number on it, or something. if you want to, talk to the guy/owner and see if you can get some info out of him. that's if you have the time and desire. i always like to talk to people who own classics, so i would do it without a doubt, but i know not everyone's like me.
Makes no difference now anyway. It's gone
Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #20
jims69camaro

Quote:
If you are interested pm me for my # or give me yours...
send me an email

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #21
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfrom nj View Post
call allstate auto salvage in standish ave in west orange ask for larry i think he still has the elcamino sitting in the back of his yard
sweet. will do.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #22
jims69camaro

Quote:
Makes no difference now anyway. It's gone
must've been marked at a good price, or someone looking to do a resto made him an offer he couldn't resist.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #23
88BluBird

E-mail sent with a couple pics..
Old 10-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #24
WildBillyT

Quote:
must've been marked at a good price, or someone looking to do a resto made him an offer he couldn't resist.
I hope so. Sadly i think it may have went to a scrap heap(!)
Old 10-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #25
jims69camaro

Quote:
I hope so. Sadly i think it may have went to a scrap heap(!)
i could've lived the rest of my life without knowing that...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts